Linked Data Platform (LDP) Working Group Teleconference

25 Jun 2012


See also: IRC log


+329331aaaa, Arnaud, +1.510.206.aabb, MacTed, +1.845.433.aacc, Ruben, AndyS, SteveS, Yves, LeeF, EricP, mhausenblas, cygri, mkerrin, dret, ghard, JohnArwe, JacekKopecky, cgueret_work, rgarcia, krp, +1.615.891.aadd, +1.937.775.aaee, svillata, kalpa
Boris Villazon-Terrazas, John Domingue, Alexandre Bertails, Michael Hausenblas, Sandro Hawke



for help

Arnaud: if you are not in the list of 'present' given by Zakim, please tell us

last week minutes

Arnaud: did people look at the minutes? objection to approve them?

<AndyS> +1 to the minutes

Arnaud: we take minutes and the week later , after review, we approve the minutes

RESOLUTION: last week minutes approved

<cgueret_work> I was here but it's not recorded in the minutes :/

<JohnArwe> note that attendee list from last time is suspect; SteveS shown in log, but not captured up top, as 1 example.

Arnaud: there is one action pending review on Sandro


<trackbot> ACTION-2 -- Sandro Hawke to set up commonscribe -- due 2012-06-25 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/2

Eric: no idea if it was completed

<cygri> it's here: https://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/

Erik: Sandro sent an email saying it was setup


<trackbot> ACTION-1 -- Eric Prud'hommeaux to ask sandro about how difficult it is to set up CommonScribe -- due 2012-06-25 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/1

close ACTION-1

<trackbot> ACTION-1 Ask sandro about how difficult it is to set up CommonScribe closed


<trackbot> ACTION-3 -- Arnaud Le Hors to create a wiki page to capture use cases and requirements -- due 2012-06-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/actions/3

close ACTION-3

<trackbot> ACTION-3 Create a wiki page to capture use cases and requirements closed

<svillata> Zachim, ??P6 is /me

next meeting

<oberger> http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Use_Cases_And_Requirements

Arnaud: next meeting is next monday, however we might have a summer schedule, as people take vacation

<LeeF> I think we should keep the normal schedule.

<rgarcia> +1 for summer schedule

<cgueret_work> +1 to keep

<svillata> +1 to keep

<ericP> +1 to slacking

<oberger> +1 summer schedule

<Ruben> +1 summer schedule

<cygri> +1 summer schedule

<ghard> +1 summer schedule

<oberger> (given that most are in northern hemisphere ? ;)

Arnaud: July 9 then every other week until end of august ?

<cygri> +1 to that

<krp> +1

<svillata> +1

<rgarcia> +1

<SteveS> +1 to Arnaud's proposed schedule

<ghard> +1 every other week

<Ruben> +1

<cgueret_work> +1

eric: missing one out of 3 is a sure way to be confused

Arnaud: no objections?

<cgueret_work> can we do anything for the time?

noone screaming, so

<cgueret_work> earlier or later?

RESOLUTION: July 9 then every other week until end of august

<cgueret_work> :)

telcon time

Arnaud: telcon time. earlier or later?

it's 7am in California, so doing earlier would be difficult

<oberger> depends if summer siesta time ? ;)

Arnaud: we tried a doodle with just 5 people, and even finding one slot was quite hard

<cgueret_work> ok

Yves: let's continue with this time and see if it works for most people or if too inconvenient

Arnaud: it is customary with a WG to start with a f2f

there is a notification period for F2F (because of travel planning)

the Technical Plenary once a year, for 2012 it's here: http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/

would people be able to attend that meeting?

<SteveS> +1 I "should" be able to get to tpac but would recommend a 3Q F2F meeting 1st

<JohnArwe> no known conflicts w TPAC for me

<svillata> should be able to go to TPAC

<ghard> Seems to work for me

<cgueret_work> +1

<Ruben> +1

<oberger> +1 probably

<antonis> +1

<rgarcia> no conflicts for me "right now"

<svillata> +1

Erik: it's more up to the group to decide. at worst we can have a small group there

SteveS: we could also do transatlantic f2f, with two locations

<AndyS> was not me, was AndyS I believe

Arnaud: if we get a transatlantic presence, it should be east soact US to reduce the time diff

SteveS: having the first f2f in 5 monthes is a bit late

Arnaud: the WG started right before summer, with lower attendance, so meeting in september while TPAC is in november...

<ericP> -1 to sept f2f

<AndyS> Notes on SPARQL Graph Store Protocol : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2012Jun/0030.html

AndyS: there are 3 protocols, issuing query, requests

sparql update allows you to manipulate the graph store

this is used for fined-grain graph control

there is also bulk modification, like adding a graph store

you can delete a graph

the specification is just translating what HTTP says

it defines POST of RDF data to add things to a graph

you don't get hierarchy of containers, like stores of graph stores

PATCH is proposed to mean a SPARQL update

as in the first example, a URI can identify a graph in a graph store

a more complex example is doing indirect graph identification, using ?graph=<uri of the names graph>

<ericP> <graphstore>?graph=http://foo.example/graph1

POST to a graph means append, POST to a graph-store means create a graph

Arnaud: do you have comments on how it compares to the IBM submission?

AndyS: the IBM submission has more complex things like what you put in containers

in the SPARQL graph protocol, you only manipulate graphs in the graph-store

there is only one case

<Zakim> cygri, you wanted to ask about uptake

cygri: how about implementations?

<cgueret_work> Redstore implements it too: http://www.aelius.com/njh/redstore/

AndyS: Garlik is implementing it.

<cgueret_work> I am

LeeF: difficult to figure out all implementations

<cgueret_work> but my mic does not work :/

<cgueret_work> works fine

<cgueret_work> sorry... :P

<LeeF> We don't implement it all in Anzo but will be completing an implementation of it in the coming months

<cgueret_work> (I use RedStore for a graph-centric data management stack and the graph protocol works just fine in it)

Annotea Protocol

<ericP> Annotea Protocol

<ericP> Linked Data API

<AndyS> Linked data API: http://code.google.com/p/linked-data-api/

<AndyS> implementation: http://elda.googlecode.com/hg/deliver-elda/src/main/docs/index.html

the main difference with LDBP is the link list (next/prev ones)

provides random access in a big container

<SteveS> +q Was Annotea adopted? what happened to it after it was published?

<AndyS> app using LDA: http://environment.data.gov.uk/lab/bwq-web.html

<AndyS> (and I'm watching the server stats :-)

it's using URI templates

short-string to predicate mapping

<ghard> FYI: Virtuoso has some support for HTTP CRUD operations for graphs as well. Uses special endpoint /sparql-graph-crud

EricP: annotea was mostly a demonstrator, paired with Amaya to show annotations
... it's just a random document, not a Team Note

Arnaud: scribe duties is a shared responsibility, so we will start a scribe list

default order will be alphabetical list

<cgueret_work> +1 for alpha list :)

next meeting in two weeks.


Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/07/18 20:39:57 $