HTML Weekly Teleconference

21 Jun 2012


See also: IRC log


Sam, Plh, Paulc, Eliot, Janina, Krisk, Martin, Jay Munro, Mike, Russel Berkoff, Clarke Stevens, mjs


action items


<trackbot> ACTION-219 -- Edward O'Connor to review Michael Cooper's CP for ISSUE-199a -- due 2012-06-14 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/219

Paul: Ted sent regrets and told the Chairs he'll do it by tomorrow


<trackbot> ACTION-212 -- Michael[tm] Smith to draft revised HTML WG charter for May 31 -- due 2012-06-21 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/212

Mike: I'll have the charter sent out to the Group later today

Paul: ok, then let's close it

close action-212

<trackbot> ACTION-212 Draft revised HTML WG charter for May 31 closed

Paul: next step is for feedback from the WG

Mike: yes, I'll address the feedback as well


<trackbot> ACTION-217 -- Richard Schwerdtfeger to create a joint Path location add hit testing binding CP for ISSUE-201 that binds canvas to fallback content (Rich, Ted, Frank) -- due 2012-06-21 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/217

<MikeSmith> action-212: Mike will send out draft charter to HTML WG for review later today, 2012-06-21

<trackbot> ACTION-212 Draft revised HTML WG charter for May 31 notes added

Paul: Frank sent Ted an email requesting his feedback, and Ted will provide the feedback by tomorrow.
... let's leave the action open and we'll continue to track it

New issues

Paul: None

Items Closed Last Week

Paul: None

Items Closing This Week

Paul: didn't see objections for Cfc on ISSUE-203
... Chairs will evaluate and resolve the issue, then transmit to editors
... Issue-184 is closing today
... issue-185 was broken into 2 separate straw poll, drop-pubdate and moddate
... once the survey closes, will look at results and issue a decision

Items Closing, New Calls, New Surveys, Decisions

Paul: None

Task Force Reports

Testing Task Force

<krisk> Here are the meeting note from the TTF meeting on june 19th

<krisk> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Jun/0010.html

<krisk> More discussion on bugzilla 17141

Kris: Testing report: we ran out of time at last meeting. we discussed bug 17141 but no agreement
... we approved a few tests submitted by Mathias and Ms2Ger
... discussed some canvas updates

plh: regarding 17141, the spec doesn't match the implementations anymore
... so the test now matches the spec but a bug might get raised against the spec

Kris: yes, no one throws an exception, but now the spec says it should
... I'll open a bug


HTML accessibility Task Force

Janina: short report this week: handful of issues where we're closed to coming to agreement
... associated with the actions discussed earlier
... hopefully, once the actions are done, we'll be able to move forward

HTML Media Task Force

Paul: lots of people are very busy unfortunately, trying to find the most expeditious way to break through the dependencies
... Media sub-team report: 2 meetings already on Tuesday at 11am US/Eastern.
... alternating between media source and encrypted
... next Tuesday is media encrypted
... we changed the interface in media source to be more object oriented
... going at current pace, the sub-team will be able to come to the WG and consider a FPWD in 2 months
... those drafts are layered on top of HTML5

Other business


<trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

Paul: we extended the delivery date for Ted until July 6


<trackbot> ISSUE-194 -- Provide a mechanism for associating a full transcript with an audio or video element. -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/194

Paul: meeting a couple of weeks ago and Silvia posted a new draft this week
... needs to be reviewed
... thinking to schedule an actual meeting

Janina: that's on my list


<trackbot> ISSUE-195 -- Enhance http request generation from forms -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/195

Paul: Cameron change proposal needs update, due June 27
... if it doesn't happen, we'll deem the change proposal withdrawn


<trackbot> ISSUE-200 -- Allow wrapping LEGEND (or new iLEGEND) in non-FIELDSET elements -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200

Paul: again, we changed the deadline to July 6 due to Ted's queue


<trackbot> ISSUE-204 -- Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule that prohibits reference to hidden elements -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

Janina: John will try again to draft some languages, following a conversation he had with Ted
... Ted said that, in principle, MAY language would be acceptable
... so trying to move forward on that


<trackbot> ISSUE-31 -- Author conformance requirements for the alt attribute on images -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31

Paul: the chairs expect to give a response on issue-31c next week for the reopen request

Next meeting

Sam: I will chair

<krisk> I can scribe


Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/06/22 14:17:18 $