Device APIs Working Group Teleconference

30 May 2012


See also: IRC log


Josh_Soref, +, sylvain_lalande, dtran, fjh, +, Claes_Nilsson, Jungkee_Song, Wonsuk, Frederick_Hirsch, Dzung_Tran, Wonsuk_Lee, Anssi_Kostiainen
Robin_Berjon, Marcos_Caceres


<trackbot> Date: 30 May 2012

<scribe> Scribe: Josh_Soref

administrative, announcements

<fjh> HTML Media Capture WD published

<fjh> new list, system applications

Minutes Approval

<fjh> Approve minutes from 23 May

<fjh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/att-0269/minutes-2012-05-23.html

RESOLUTION: Approve minutes from 23 May


<fjh> Updated editors draft, Anssi

<fjh> More tests, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0272.html (Marcos)

<fjh> Function callback vs EventListener?, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0283.html

<fjh> HTML patterns: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0286.html (Anne)

fjh: there's a couple of technical things that need to be worked out
... but i think this is something that needs to go on the list


<fjh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0287.html

<fjh> draft: http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/web-intents/raw-file/tip/spec/Overview.html

<fjh> Please respond on public-web-intents list to CfC by 12 June

fjh: ArtB responded about process
... it's good to have drafts published frequently
... it doesn't mean things aren't going to change


<fjh> demo, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0280.html (Jungkee)

<fjh> Device Storage API, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0291.html

Jungkee: i put a demo
... if people have tried the demo, i'd like to hear feedback

<fjh> next steps, all to look at demo from Jungkee and also Device Storage API noted by Doug

Jungkee: next step is to look at the use cases
... we are going to talk about web service integration
... or local storage integration
... we'd like to hear feedback about it
... WG ... gallery / media content API work
... draw some consensus about this API

fjh: we also need to look at what dougt provided
... he had questions on his wiki
... i think the next step is to look at the demo, and the stuff dougt shared
... i'd like to take this to the list
... i'm not sure we'll have this done in a week

Other Business

fjh: dom, anything i forgot?
... i'd request people respond to the CfC for WebIntents
... it's good to respond positively
... it's good to have discussions as early as possible
... it doesn't mean it's fixed
... it just means we go through more WDs
... please look at Jungkee 's demo
... I have to get logisitics for the Burlington F2F

<fjh> ACTION: fjh to provide logistics information for Burlington F2F [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/30-dap-minutes.html#action01]

fjh: out

<trackbot> Created ACTION-540 - Provide logistics information for Burlington F2F [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2012-06-06].

fjh: you'll be flying into Boston, Logan, Airport (BOS)

[ Adjourned ]

trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: fjh to provide logistics information for Burlington F2F [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/30-dap-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/05/30 14:16:43 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s|HTML Media Capture WD published, http://www.w3.org/TR/html-media-capture/|-> http://www.w3.org/TR/html-media-capture/ HTML Media Capture WD published|
Succeeded: s|new list, system applications: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0270.html|-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0270.html new list, system applications|
Succeeded: s|dvcs|http://dvcs|
Succeeded: s/provide/provided/
Found Scribe: Josh_Soref
Inferring ScribeNick: Josh_Soref
Default Present: Josh_Soref, +, sylvain_lalande, dtran, fjh, +, Claes_Nilsson, Jungkee_Song, Wonsuk
Present: Josh_Soref + sylvain_lalande dtran fjh + Claes_Nilsson Jungkee_Song Wonsuk Frederick_Hirsch Dzung_Tran Wonsuk_Lee Anssi_Kostiainen
Regrets: Robin_Berjon Marcos_Caceres
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012May/0288.html
Found Date: 30 May 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/05/30-dap-minutes.html
People with action items: fjh

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]