HTML Weekly Teleconference

10 May 2012


See also: IRC log


Bryan_Sullivan, (bryan), Clarke_Stevens


<trackbot> Date: 10 May 2012

<mjs> hi all

<paulc> test

<scribe> Meeting: HTML WG

<J_Voracek> Greets

<Julian> what's wrong with Zakim?

<scribe> Scribe: krisk

Agenda Item#1 ACTION items due by Thursday, May 10

ACTION-210: Get JF to deliver a revised ISSUE-204 change proposal by next friday [Sam Ruby]

<trackbot> ACTION-210 Get JF to deliver a revised ISSUE-204 change proposal by next friday notes added


Do we have an update from JF?

janina: we are on track for a getting this done this friday
... We have on objection, but no others

mjs: Next Agenda Item ACTION-211: Ted O'Connor to write up a video-transcript IDref proposal
... ted is not on the conf call, Ted could you type in IRC and update?

<mjs> hober: ^

mjs: Ted is at the CSS WG F2F right now..does anyone else know the status?


janina: Lots of activity on issue 194, though no updates on 211
... we may need more time and need to consider the end user impact

mjs: we will take this under consideration
... this also covered ACTION-213: Get JF to deliver a revised ISSUE-194 change proposal by next friday


mjs: let's move on to ACTION-216: Update ISSUE-199 proposal based on Ted's
... is Michael Cooper around to give an update?

janina: I asked Michael and he is seems to believe the due date is later than May 11th
... Michael seems to be able to get this done by 5/18

mjs: charis will ask him about this...
... ACTION-217: Create an updated Caret ring focus (Rich, Ted, Frank) ISSUE-201 CP


mjs: richard do you have an update?

janina: we talked alot about this at our conf call this morning...
... he needs feedback from franko and ted
... he is trying to get this completed before next thursday

mjs: ted will be back from travel on the 15th

janina: not much overlap for time to discuss

mjs: New Issues This Week:
... none
... note one tracker item does exist http://w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=TrackerRequest
... Items Closed Last Week
... none
... Items Closing This Week
... ISSUE-184: data-element, Revise Change Proposals closes May 11

This closes on may 11th (tomorrow)

mjs: any questions or comments on issue 184?
... Items Closing Next Week
... ISSUE-205: text-editing-canvas, Revise Change Proposals closes May 17
... one CP needs a revision
... ISSUE-203: media-descriptions, Call for Counter Proposals closes June 10
... We also have a revised proposal and we are proceeding
... New Surveys this week
... none
... Decisions this week

ISSUE-198: innerHTML-patent-policy, Closed by Amicable Consensus

<trackbot> ISSUE-198 Ensure innerHTML and related APIs are subject to the W3C patent policy notes added

mjs: This has been closed by consensus

<mjs> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012May/0074.html

RE: CfC: Close ISSUE-198 innerHTML-patent-policy by Amicable


krisk: Testing Task Force

We meet as planned on 5/8

Notes -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012May/0013.html

No new bugs on approved tests

Need w3c systems team to add '/resources/' on dvcs.w3.org for Aryeh's use case

Any other questions?

mjs: no other questions so lets move on to accessibility TF

janina: We covered most of the activity in the start of the meeting
... we have other remaining issue (alternate text)
... 194, 204 (consensus due to F2F)...
... not much more to say, unless their are questions?

mjs: alright, then no questions so let move on..
... Other Business

Draft HTML5 Stabilization Plan

see -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Apr/0205.html

mjs: it was posted in april prior to F2f
... any questions about this???
... HTML Working Group Changes
... see -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Apr/0204.html

<adrianba> i can scribe

mjs: thanks adrianba for scribing next week
... Meeting Adjourned

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/05/10 16:25:56 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/nonew/none/
Found Scribe: krisk
Inferring ScribeNick: krisk

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Present: Bryan_Sullivan (bryan) Clarke_Stevens
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012AprJun/0012.html
Found Date: 10 May 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/05/10-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]