HTML Weekly Teleconference

26 Apr 2012



Maciej Stachowiak


<skippydippy> hi

<MikeSmith> issue-194?

<trackbot> ISSUE-194 -- Provide a mechanism for associating a full transcript with an audio or video element. -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/194

<anne> MikeSmith: ij not around?

<MikeSmith> I think he was earlier

<MikeSmith> lemme trying pinging him

<tantek> good morning

<eliot> Hello

<plh> trackbot-ng, start telcon

<trackbot> Date: 26 April 2012

<nesta_> Zakim :)

Paul Cotton is on the phone

<mjs> hello

<scribe> scribe: krisk

<scribe> agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012AprJun/0009.html

<mjs> (sorry about that folks; lotsa rain in the SF bay)

Agenda Item #1 ACTION items due by Thursday, April 26


Agenda #2 New Issues This Week:


msj: one tracker request exists


agenda #3 Items Closed Last Week

ISSUE-204: aria-hidden, Call for Counter Proposals closed Apr 18

<trackbot> ISSUE-204 Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule that prohibits reference to hidden elements notes added


mjs: multiple proposals on 204 and chairs are discussing

janina: ally is OK with cynthia's proposal
... ally is working on closing on this via consensus

Agenda #4 /#5 Items Closing This Week

None: )

Agenda #6 New Calls this week

ISSUE-198: innerHTML-patent-policy, revised Call for Consensus

<trackbot> ISSUE-198 Ensure innerHTML and related APIs are subject to the W3C patent policy notes added


mjs: people that have commented should again look and make comments
... does anyone have questions about 198?
... none..

Agenda #7 New Surveys this week


Agenda #8 Decisions this week


Agenda #9 Other Business

Item #1 CfC: Create Media Task Force - Chairs are reviewing comments

mjs: chairs are revising and taking feedback
... does anyone have comments or questions?


moving on then...

HTML Working Group Changes and Stabilization Plan

mjs: This monday two changes were annouced to stablize the specification

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Apr/0204.html http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Apr/0205.html

mjs: Does anyone have any questions about either?
... we'll wait so people have time to read them if needed

Next topic - need a scribe for next meeting

This will be two weeks from now, due to F2F

This is on 5/10/2012

<tantek> are there any evening plans during the f2f?

plh: Does anyone have questions for F2F?

<ArtB> are you going to have audio for remote participants?

<tantek> I'm attending the WebApps meetings as an observer, but don't appear to have permissions to edit the wiki page for the meeting.

paul: I'll be at the meeting(s) at 8am Tuesday and is working on phone support
... Microsoft will provide lunchboxes and coffee/soda

<tantek> this is linked from w3.org/Events http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/May2012F2FMeeting

<tantek> ArtB - I am unable to login to the WebApps wiki with my W3C account.

paul: no formal evening plans

<tantek> yes please

paul: I am working on getting phone support, still confirming setup

<tantek> since there's much overlap, would prefer using w3.org/wiki

<tantek> for meeting plans/notes etc.

<MikeSmith> also I can skype people in

plh: note we can use w3c bridge

msj: no more questions, so lets adjourn

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/04/26 16:27:10 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/msj/mjs/
Found Scribe: krisk
Inferring ScribeNick: krisk

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: ArtB Art_Barstow CIA-1 Dashiva Hixie ISSUE-198 ISSUE-204 J_Voracek Jedi Lachy Lachy_ MFoladare Microsoft Mike MikeSmith MikeSmith_ P17 Philip Radhika_Roy aaaa aabb aacc abarsto acolwell adrianba anne arronei_ away bEnt danielfilho davidb decadance drublic ed eliot gavin gsnedders heycam hiro hober hsivonen html-wg icaaq inimino janina jgraham jmb johndrinkwater joined karl kennyluck krijnh krisk ksweeney lgombos logbot mattkelly miketaylr milan milanpatel mjs mjs_ msj myakura nesta_ nonge_ paul paul___irish paulc pingo plh rektide rniwa rniwa_ shepazu skippydippy tantek tm trackbot vimeo_joe wayne
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012AprJun/0009.html
Found Date: 26 Apr 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/04/26-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]