MultilingualWeb-LT Working Group Teleconference

12 Apr 2012


See also: IRC log


Arle, Des, DomJones, Jirka, Yves, , daveL, moritz, pedro, tadej


<trackbot> Date: 12 April 2012

<scribe> Meeting: MLW-lT Phone call 12th April 2012, 16.00. IST/BST.

scribe DomJones

<scribe> scribe: DomJones

<daveL> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Apr/0039.html

<daveL> http://www.w3.org/2012/04/06-mlw-lt-minutes.html

daveL: Any queries or objections re minutes from last meeting
... are minutes useful? Do people go back and revisit them?

Dublin Workshop

daveL: Arle and I have been generating list of contact points and circulating CFP through mailing lists. LUX and TAUS event in santa clara have been emailed.
... any suggestions of other mailing lists?
... @Yves any XLIFF interest?

Yves: has emailed the XLIFF TPC and a wider group interested in XLIFF

<daveL> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/2012-Q2workshop

daveL: Try to contact specific people - look to workshop plan - put basic skeleton up there. Mailing list for tpc will be used
... who might we try to approach directly? Number of sessions (loc stateholders, CMS, MT sessions + liasons with other groups)
... Des is agreeable to join in terms of loc stakeholders.

Des: Do you need this imminently.

daveL: No, but could you provide a position statement? Primary concerns, Adobe large content producer.

Des: Can do.

daveL: At arle, interoperability now?

Feedback on call.

ACTION arle to contact individuals on interoperability now

<trackbot> Created ACTION-51 - Contact individuals on interoperability now [on Arle Lommel - due 2012-04-19].

Yves: agrees contacts mentioned by arle (missed through feedback) are great

daveL: Should target alchemy s/w based in Dublin, support MLW-LT, from a CAT point of view

ACTION on daveL to contact Alchemy / Enda

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - on

ACTION daveL to contact Alchemy / Enda

<trackbot> Created ACTION-52 - Contact Alchemy / Enda [on David Lewis - due 2012-04-19].

<Arle> Contacts for me (Arle) to contact are Micah Bly (Medtronic), Chase Tingley (Spartan Consulting), and Sven Andrä (Onträm)

daveL: @moritz are there other stakeholders from drupal / cms community to invite along
... open call for Dublin but are there strategic parties?

moritz: in contact with a number of ML people in terms of drupal. They develop modules ontop of drupal
... they are not being paid by drupal

Yves: We talked about Brian SP? Snabel involved in CMS, good contact point.

daveL: Would brian be better under CMS heading or under XLIFF?

Yves: Could probably do both.

daveL: Yves would you be able to talk to him about that?

Yves: problem is the financial side for getting him here...

daveL: If we extend the invitation, even if he cannot make it, maybe on the second day we can teleconf him in?
... It would be good to get group level agreement on MLW-LT / XLIFF.

Pedro: I will be back in 5 mins.

ACTION Yves to contact Brian S on Dublin Workshop / provide official invitation

<trackbot> Created ACTION-53 - Contact Brian S on Dublin Workshop / provide official invitation [on Yves Savourel - due 2012-04-19].

daveL: Arle has spotted industry conference on in Dublin around same time looking at tech authors.

<daveL> http://www.uaconference.eu/

arle: focus is on tech authoring for user assistance.

daveL: can we reach out to those people? Are they practioners or tech side of things?

arle: looks like new tech, localisation, tech users. Might pick up some interest.

daveL: Mathew Ellison looks like key contact, I will drop him a line and let him know this is going on etc.

ACTION daveL to contact uaconference make them aware of MLW-LT LOD workshop

<trackbot> Created ACTION-54 - Contact uaconference make them aware of MLW-LT LOD workshop [on David Lewis - due 2012-04-19].

daveL: Two other categories - LT and MT side of things. R12a sent out a few ideas on this
... one was Manuel H from ??MT / PE / CAT tools.

Des: His company does moses solutions

daveL: Cant remember if Manuel was at other MLW conferences. May drop him a line and see if he is interested.
... other contact points are WeLocalise as attendees and presenters.
... any other sort of MT or the LT side?

ACTION arle to contact Helena Chapman at IBM

<trackbot> Created ACTION-55 - Contact Helena Chapman at IBM [on Arle Lommel - due 2012-04-19].

<scribe> ACTION: arle to contact Helena Chapman at IBM [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-56 - Contact Helena Chapman at IBM [on Arle Lommel - due 2012-04-19].

daveL: Chris Went from MS MT group, he gave a talk at a CNGL event. Arle do you know him well?

arle: not well.

daveL: I will email him

ACTION daveL to email Chris Went at MS

<trackbot> Created ACTION-57 - Email Chris Went at MS [on David Lewis - due 2012-04-19].

daveL: Interesting to talk to others involved in online MT training. ALS in the UK, Tony O'D in Ireland has Startup
... will talk to Declan Groves about this

arle: Just contacted Shaun McCance (SP)

ACTION daveL to contact Declan Groves wrt MT contacts

<trackbot> Created ACTION-58 - Contact Declan Groves wrt MT contacts [on David Lewis - due 2012-04-19].

arle: can represent Linport

daveL: Should we target TAUS? Rahzeb or Japp?

arle: will be speaking to Japp and will ask him

daveL: Also iterations between CMS and W3C, should we target DITA? r12a can suggest key contacts from HTML group
... rdf-a or provenance wg
... will be at www conf and keep eye open for other targets

arle: talk to Andrzej Zydroń (sp) in DITA

daveL: Interesting contact point, worked on OAXAL, have some views to share.

Des: CMIS group from OASIS?

daveL: DavidF was going to reach out via OASIS about this.

ACTION arle contact last attendees for the LISA summit

<trackbot> Created ACTION-59 - Contact last attendees for the LISA summit [on Arle Lommel - due 2012-04-19].


<daveL> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/Requirements

daveL: 1st item ownership... @arle any update on this?

arle: assigned ownership by going through minutes and req doc.
... provisional assignment have stars * by them. If you agree with assignment please remove * from around your name

daveL: we'll try to get people to confirm those names before the next meeting helps us assign responsibilities
... next action on this is to start looking at where similarities / differences exist. Are groupings there that could be re-grouped with provenance.
... simular markup could be re-used, for example QA / Proofing state.
... any of those names / assignments that they would like to change?
... Anyone have any objections?

mortiz: have been sick, will look over this and get back to you

daveL: any orphans will be allocated between Dave L & Arle as being under-watch.
... by Monday confirm name allocations (or reject to allocations)
... midday monday 16t
... Will repost notes from Jan on priority tagging.
... next stage involves doing first pass of consolidation, make some suggestions
... after this look at any specific requirements made based on feedback from questionnaire.
... more things you'd like added, please address this in the wiki page

arle: if you are adding directly please just send this to me and I'll add it for you

pedro is back

daveL: Pedro, wrt Dublin workshop, Manuel H from ?? MT.

pedro: Yes, have met, know them seem good people to invite. Working on moses - interesting perspective.

daveL: Pedro, requirements list has names against each entry. Assignments (provisional) have been made. Please check through

ACTION all to check through assignment of requirements document by Monday 16th midday

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - all

pedro: agrees with the assignment of requirements... however for ever thing should have 2 people assigned.
... removes bias from the process of requirements.

daveL: Gaps will be filled in by me and arle, then go through consolidation process and then ideas from questionnaires.
... need to contact the respondents
... next Fridays call will go through questionnaire respondents and see what needs to be incorporated.

<daveL> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Av8I1YVQlYmsdElxU0g3cXlfaTZZRVpSOFl4UlczcFE&output=html

daveL: next stage involves fleshing out data-sets/requirements
... needs a smaller list or a more structured list.

Pedro: @mortiz - hello - do we have enough time on WP3/4 to showcase tool with spanish / german client based tool. For now an agreement with clients for showcases? Invite them to workshop in Dublin? One representative from each test-case

daveL: Thinks its a great idea

Pedro: Should pay for expenses of those people

daveL: Need to figure out our budget on this.. MLW-LT budget exists at TCD and some re-allocatable funds. Maybe people we want to get along who we can help with on money

moritz: Need to identify if money exists rather promptly

pedro: Need to identify some money from budget for travelling. Cocomore and Lingutech need to talk and decide who proposes showcases and then who should be invited?

ACTION daveL to take an action to look at budget for Workshop in terms of money avaliable

<trackbot> Created ACTION-60 - Take an action to look at budget for Workshop in terms of money avaliable [on David Lewis - due 2012-04-19].

scribe: we need to look at budget in general. Food, coffee, location etc before money for travelling


Arle's google doc on currents req

arle: the colums represent workflow outlined in initial documentation. Additional things need to be added. For each data-category it can be identified as consuming, generating or passes onto another process.
... an XLIFF connector would take most of these things and convert into XLIFF. Blank != no role, just ignored by that step. Maybe wrong in some cases, based on documentation and sense, please correct if needed.

ACTION all go along data-categories and agree, disagree, etc

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - all

ACTION DomJones how to add actions to all users

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - DomJones

ACTION Dominic how to add actions to all users

<trackbot> Created ACTION-61 - How to add actions to all users [on Dominic Jones - due 2012-04-19].

arle: Editing link is public and therefore anyone with link can edit. This link has been sent to partners mailing list

daveL: Please go through each data-category and identify any queries you may have
... have discussed whether column headings are right set, going through them will raise a bunch of questions

post to mailing list with any queries

ACTION daveL to send an email to the list asking all members to review req google doc

<trackbot> Created ACTION-62 - Send an email to the list asking all members to review req google doc [on David Lewis - due 2012-04-19].

daveL: Anyone have any queries on req's at this stage?
... by next call all of those inputs will have been gathered.
... should we soften wording on freezing document by april? So to not clash with requirements document gathering

arle: don de-palmer (sp) has asked to be more involved in the group.

daveL: Going to contact him
... will arrange call with him

pedro: Felix and I had contacted Don
... wrt freezing requirements - long list - all make sense - not out of scope

<Arle> s/de-palmer \(sp\)/DePalma/

daveL: We were planning to have feature freeze in november this year (2012), data-categories, mappings etc

Noise on line

daveL: want to avoid inviting people to look at requirements who arrive and find the requirements gathering stage is over.
... one Felix is back need to send readable version out to w3c community. Consolidate, check for consistency
... only a couple more phone calls for this to occur.
... for workshop in june people should be there who influence the direction were going
... I will remove hard-wired freezing of this date, shut down req gathering after Dublin Workshop
... Next weeks call - look at req table - individuals against data categories must be aligned in terms of natural groupings.
... also multiple views on data categories will be important, as mentioned by pedro
... natural mapping on WP
... Any other comments on this?
... On the actions - look at closing action between me and Jan.
... changing the date of actions - have done action 47, 48 nearly done by monday,
... on process triggers have you sent anything on this?

Pedro: I have until tomorrow to do this. Will do tonight or tomorrow.
... Action 11: I have discussed internally that this req has already been covered. Grouping of docs in CMS for common actions, or different actions.
... Action 11 - have sent email on this, not sure of any reference for an action realting to grouping CMS

daveL: Action 28 - summerise issues around data cats at CMS level - grouping documents.

Pedro: suggest we close this

<daveL> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/CMS-level_data_category_scoping

<daveL> http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/wiki/CMS-level_data_category_scoping

daveL: The above link talks about grouping of CMS level content. I have reference CMIS work on this and meta-data association with a folder referencing multiple documents.
... can also be done with ITS rules.
... Can moritz look at this also

arle: moritz has left

daveL: AOB? Open issues have not been discussed, process state is represented in table.
... Naming of MD standard - should send out a few mails on this, loc and internationalisation name? Will send a mail about this

ACTION daveL to start discussion about the naming of the meta-data standard.

<trackbot> Created ACTION-63 - Start discussion about the naming of the meta-data standard. [on David Lewis - due 2012-04-19].

pedro: Call the recommendation MLW?

daveL: MLW-LT or MLW?
... MLW is a broader scope. Some people wanted to keep ITS, we also have default name...

Pedro: Originial idea was for ITS 2.0

daveL: will kick-off competition for a good name on this
... In closing AOB?
... Thanks to all, next week Friday. I will chair again. 9.30am IST/BST talk then.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: arle to contact Helena Chapman at IBM [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/06/02 12:03:34 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Sean McCanst/Shaun McCance/
Succeeded: s/lynports/Linport/
Succeeded: s/andea zeitman/Andrzej Zydroń/
Succeeded: s/OAXML/OAXAL/
FAILED: s/de-palmer \(sp\)/DePalma/
Found Scribe: DomJones
Inferring ScribeNick: DomJones

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Arle Des DomJones Jirka Yves Yves_ daveL https joined mlw-lt moritz mortiz pedro tadej trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Apr/0039.html
Found Date: 12 Apr 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/04/12-mlw-lt-minutes.html
People with action items: arle

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]