HTML-A11y BUg triage telecon

21 Feb 2012

See also: IRC log


Léonie_Watson, Hans_Hillen, Michael_Cooper
Gez, Lemon
Léonie Watson
Lakim, next item, Léonie Watson


<scribe> agenda: this

<scribe> scribe: Lakim, next item

Identify scribe

<scribe> scribe: Léonie Watson

<scribe> scribenick: LeonieW

New bugs review

HH: Identified 4 bugs to be tagged a11y.

<hhillen> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15939

HH: 15939
... It's about untitled sections in outlines.

MC: WCAG requires headings for every section at Level AA.

LW: Think there may be cases where a heading wasn't needed.
... Suggest we leave a11y keyword, but no need for tf keyword.

<hhillen> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=16005

HH: 16005
... Request for subtitles on audio.

LW: Seems as though this relates to hearing impaired people who would be able to link up captions with the audio they could hear.

MC: Wondering how essential it is?
... WCAG doesn't require synchronised captions for audio.
... Suggest we kick this over to the HTML techniques TF?

LW: Makes sense.

HH: Would be good to have the ability in the spec, but not sure the TF needs to follow up.

<hhillen> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=16018

HH: 16018
... Exclude disabled form fields from specially focusable elements.

MC: Maybe the TF should discuss this, so they can look at the different use cases?

<hhillen> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=16029

LW: Let's ask the TF on Thursday.

HH: 16929
... Provide an example of required for radio button.

MC: The required attribute would need adding to fieldset.
... Think this is one for the TF.

HH: Agreed.

MC: We'd need the spec to be changed and an example provided though, not just the example requested in this bug.

LW: Agreed, let's tag it.

MC: We may need to file a new bug.

<MichaelC> for required on fieldset

<MichaelC> radio buttons means one value must be selected

<MichaelC> checkboxes means one or more values must be selected

<MichaelC> any other form controls means all of the controls are required

LW: New bug filed https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/post_bug.cgi

MC: Added a11ytf keyword to the new bug, and blocked the earlier bug.
... Added note to earlier bug, referencing the new bug.

HH: There were three other requests I didn't think needed triaging...
... One realted to auto focus, one relating to allowed characters in a pattern, and the last was about classifying the area element interactive content.

LW: Doesn't sound as though they need accessibility consideration.
... Will be unavailable due to jury service for the next couple of calls.

MC: The PF meeting is on the 6th.

LW: Suggest we skip a call during that week, and meet again on the 20th?

MC: I can chair the one on the 20th.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/02/21 16:50:25 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/19005/16005/
Found Scribe: Lakim, next item
Found Scribe: Léonie Watson
Found ScribeNick: LeonieW
Scribes: Lakim, next item, Léonie Watson
Default Present: Cooper, Hans_Hillen, Léonie_Watson
Present: Léonie_Watson Hans_Hillen Michael_Cooper
Regrets: Gez Lemon
Got date from IRC log name: 21 Feb 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/02/21-a11y-bugs-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]