Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference

19 Jan 2012


See also: IRC log


raphael, BenediktKaempgen, +35389466aaaa, GeraldSteeman, rreck, cygri, tgheen, +34.91.336.aabb, boris, +1.202.691.aacc, olyerickson, dvilasuero, sandro, bhyland, DruidSmith, MikePendleton


<trackbot> Date: 19 January 2012

<bhyland> #GLDWG

<scribe> scribe:gatemezin

<rreck> can we edit zakim code?

<bhyland> #GLDWG

<boris> hi everyone

hi Boris!!

<rreck> yes

<rreck> as in make it more felxioble

<bhyland> Agenda bashing for a minute: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120119#Agenda

bhyland: last meeting before the F2F....regrets send by George
... Is there any thing to add in the agenda?

<rreck> i would like to comment on the URI section today.

<olyerickson> RE agenda, got it, thanks

John: Is this today agenda or the F2f one?

<sandro> (sorry I'm late!)

John: Will not be present for the F2F. sorry about that.

<rreck> oops

<DaveReynolds> I won't, I will dial in when I can

<GeraldSteeman> I'll be dialing in.

<bhyland> Minutes from last week to approve:

<bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-12

bhyland: quick look at the last week meeting

<BenediktKaempgen> +1 to minutes

<boris> +1

<rreck> +1 minutes

bhyland: thanks Sandro for cleaning the minutes


<bhyland> ACTION: items to [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-gld-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Sorry, bad ACTION syntax

<bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/

RESOLUTION: minutes of the last meeting approved

<bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/9

bhyland: do you have something written for the pragmatic...

Pragmatic Provenance for Best Practices

John: Pragmatic requires original thinking....

<olyerickson> Will do : EOD tomorrow (Friday)

bhyland: For right now, put a place holder in the wiki and discussion in the F2F

<bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/11

<olyerickson> woot!

bhyland: please to say it is done!! Great!

<boris> thanks bhyland

Good job, bhyland.

<sandro> action-11?

<trackbot> ACTION-11 -- Bernadette Hyland to add vocab in "cookbook" to wiki -- due 2011-10-13 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/11

<sandro> close action-11

<trackbot> ACTION-11 Add vocab in "cookbook" to wiki closed

<sandro> action-11?

<trackbot> ACTION-11 -- Bernadette Hyland to add vocab in "cookbook" to wiki -- due 2011-10-13 -- CLOSED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/11

<bhyland> close action-13

<trackbot> ACTION-13 Post OGV docs as input to GLD on GLD wiki closed

<bhyland> Action 18

<trackbot> Sorry, bad ACTION syntax

<bhyland> close action-18

<trackbot> ACTION-18 Agreed to facilitate initial wiki draft on Vocab page on VCAT. closed

??: couple of update to do for the action 13

<bhyland> close action-23

<trackbot> ACTION-23 Hyland to contact Top Quadrant (David Price) closed

<bhyland> close action-27

<trackbot> ACTION-27 Confirm when US Bureau of Labor Stats can be open for our meeting closed

<bhyland> RE: F2F in DC - we can check in as early as 6:30AM start.

<bhyland> close action-28

<trackbot> ACTION-28 Agree to clean up unknown references for Mike Pendleton's name in last week's minutes, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-05 closed

<rreck> I have completed my action item

F2F Agenda

<bhyland> Review of Day #1 - http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2#Agenda

bhyland: Is there any specific things to add?

<rreck> i think Anne (who is not here) was hoping to talk the first day. Apparently there is no time available.

<bhyland> Introducing Spyros Kotoulas (IBM)

<bhyland> IBM Research Dublin. Focus is on RDF Data Management

<BenediktKaempgen> Hi Spyros.

<bhyland> Biplav invited Spyros.

<olyerickson> Trying to get edits to F2F agenda to update...

bhyland: Encourage people to do small presentations for the discussion, link them to the W3C site
... the presentation is done by the facilitator to help people get people more involved
... after the presentation, have time to discussion

<rreck> i cant commit Anne, but if I cant get in touch with her, I would commit to Wed

bhyland: welcome contribution in the agenda..

John: won't be able for the first session?

<olyerickson> Arrrgh

John: It is hard to hear you..

<olyerickson> Buy the man an Internet

<cygri> buy him a phone!

<olyerickson> I'm confirmed for 11a leading URInp

<sandro> or a telephone. :-)

<olyerickson> VERmont

<olyerickson> NH

<olyerickson> Looking forward to leading URI discussion on Thurday

<bhyland> Boris said his colleagues Daniel will collaborate with John on URI construction.

<olyerickson> Weds

<olyerickson> sorry

boris: coming to Ireland...and that Daniel will collaborate preparing some slides

<olyerickson> Can someone please explain why F2F Wiki isn't updating?!?!

<DaveReynolds> Surely that won't be a formal W3C Rec track document will it ?

What level of "supported" or stable does something we recommend in a W3C Recommendation?

<bhyland> @DaveReynolds - are you talking generally or specifically about the LOD Cookbook

<DaveReynolds> @bhyland anything that recommends say specific tools

<bhyland> For example, only use stable vocabulary X, Y or Z.

cygri: for services, we should see the operate the tool; ask the provider before putting in the w3c recommendation

<bhyland> cygri - would only be appropriate to mention something in a W3C Recommendation if we've asked the provider what their support plan is for a given tool.

<rreck> +1 what a great idea

<olyerickson> In some cases (older I think) W3C has hosted reference implementations and tools (w.g. validator, etc)

<DaveReynolds> Very worried to hear that W3C is planning to recommend specific tools in a Rec track document.


<olyerickson> Issue for Best Practices: Please advise where to insert Practical Provenance discussion

<sandro> DaveReynolds, I didn't hear that said, unless you consider RDF vocabs as tools....

<DaveReynolds> sandro, I heard "tools" a couple of times. It if is really only stable, supported vocabs then that would be fine.

<boris> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary

<olyerickson> RE Best Practices "Practical Provenance" I propose adding 2.2.8 Pragmatic Provenance

boris: made some comments in vocab selection

<bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary

Procurement Guidance for government procurement officials

Mike_Pendleton: Did an overview of categories for contract officers, procurement checklists also provided

<bhyland> Mike_Pendleton is segmenting out the main sections that would make sense to a procurement officer or his/her technical officer or representative

Mike_Pendleton: security issue to be faced in the case of US...not sure is the case in Europe

<bhyland> Mike_Pendleton: Questioned whether security plan is universal.

<bhyland> Discussed: Reference card that has text from a Recommendation, but in a handy reference card PDF with W3C logo on it ...

bhyland: Need a clear description for the governments...
... Mike_¨Pendleton to be added in the agenda of day 2, F2F.

<cygri> +1

<DaveReynolds> Structure is certainly not universal

<DaveReynolds> Seems to assume broad arch appraoch

<rreck> i think it is a can of worms and would warrant a long time

<DaveReynolds> +1 to rreck

<bhyland> RE: Security Plan - I'm just suggesting a template with some info specific to LOD that would help people get LOD projects fielded.

<DaveReynolds> Different for hosted, cloud hosted, agency hosted, multi-agency collaboration - not a single template

<bhyland> +1 Dave

<olyerickson> Unless there is something very specific concerning LGD we can offer, we can only advise that stakeholders follow whatever they are supposed to follow

<olyerickson> ...re security

Mike_Pendleton will just propose security plans that are already out there..

<rreck> rreck

bhyland: do anything someone wants to update before the F2F?

<bhyland> Ron, URI's don't need to resolve, you are correct.

<bhyland> We'll fix any errors — we are in the draft stage.

<olyerickson> Our job isn't into explain URIs or enter into existential URI discussions

<john> can chip in a few words on GeoSparql (goodwin not sheridan)

<bhyland> @RonReck - What is the page where you've seen an error?

<olyerickson> I think we should only go into suggestions of syntax

<rreck> i dont think they are existential

GeoSparql at final draft stage

<rreck> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary#2.2.3_URI_Construction

<john> geosparql draft: https://portal.opengeospatial.org/twiki/pub/GEOSPARQLswg/WebHome/11-052r4_GeoSPARQL_-_A_Geographic_Query_Language_for_RDF_Data-01-13-12.doc

bhyland: send email for the presentation on monday ....

<BenediktKaempgen> What is the paasword for the draft?

<john> (sorry seems to be members only link). Will update when draft is public

<bhyland> cygri: RE: DERI F2F & Galway activities - see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2#European_Location_.E2.80.93_Galway.2C_Ireland

<bhyland> cygri will email people with watering location.

cygri: will orgranize something the day before in Ireland

<DanG> Bye all

<DaveReynolds> bye all

<olyerickson> Thanks everyone!

<john> bye

<BenediktKaempgen> bye thanks

<dvilasuero> bye thanks

<cygri> looking forward to next week!

See you then..

<bhyland> @gatemazin - did you need any help publishing the minutes?

<bhyland> Check the steps here … http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120119#Scribe.27s_End_of_Meeting_Checklist

@bhyland: thanks. I check it

<bhyland> Thanks you!

rssagent, set logs world-visible

rssagent, generate minutes

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: items to [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-gld-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/01/19 16:08:29 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/MichaelHausenblas/cygri/
FAILED: s/MichaelHausenblas/cygri/
Succeeded: s/??/Mike_Pendleton/
Found Scribe: gatemezin
Inferring ScribeNick: gatemezin
Default Present: raphael, BenediktKaempgen, +35389466aaaa, GeraldSteeman, rreck, cygri, tgheen, +34.91.336.aabb, boris, +1.202.691.aacc, olyerickson, dvilasuero, sandro, bhyland, DruidSmith, MikePendleton
Present: raphael BenediktKaempgen +35389466aaaa GeraldSteeman rreck cygri tgheen +34.91.336.aabb boris +1.202.691.aacc olyerickson dvilasuero sandro bhyland DruidSmith MikePendleton
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120119
Found Date: 19 Jan 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-gld-minutes.html

WARNING: No person found for ACTION item: items to [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-gld-minutes.html#action01]

People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]