See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 23 April 2014
<bhill2> Meeting: WebAppSec WG Teleconference 23-April-2014
<terri> Zakim: I am aacc
<bhill2> Glenn, will you be able to scribe today?
<scribe> scribenick: glenn
<scribe> chair: bhill2
bhill2: JS conf coming up in
portland or, aug 1-2, testing CSP
... TTWF activity
<bhill2> TTWF at CascadiaJS, August 2, focusing on CSP
<bhill2> following Cascadia JS CascadiaJS 2014 | Portland, OR
bhill2: minutes approval
<bhill2> Draft minutes at: http://www.w3.org/2011/webappsec/draft-minutes/2014-04-09-webappsec-minutes.html
bhill2: any objections to
... none, minutes approved
UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: no owners here ... should we reassign?
mkwst_: sounds reasonable
<bhill2> Github repo for SRI: https://github.com/w3c/webappsec/issues
bhill2: we have an alternate issues tracked on SRI on above repo
mkwst_: important topic
bhill2: any thoughts?
freddyb: -): fine with
... didn't include in prev mtgs
bhill2: wrote new agenda
... will come up regularly from now on
... do we want to migrate action items? issues?
mkwst_: can assign
... can use one or the other
... github issues more likely to be seen outside WG
... OTOH W3C integrates better with zakim
... vague pref for github, but either way is ok
bhill2: for now, cont fwd with
... sync up with doc edits
... may be a little extra work
terri: could have a script to sync?
<terri> that was me
wseltzer: we don't care which
tools are used, but do want to make clear IP commitments on
... further vetting needed on input from outside WG
ekr: ietf has similar issues
<bhill2> ekr: suggests any substantive issue must also be raised to the list to make IPR commitments clear
bhill2: new recent questions
bhill2: CSP rules should cascade
... e.g., img src=svg with embedded image in svg
dveditz: diff between FF and
... svg as an image vs svg as inline
... what FF does is render SVG in own doc, sort of like an iframe
... regardless what CSP says, then incorporate results into page
freddyb: supposes inline styles should be allowed for SVG
<bhill2> New draft from last week: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2014Apr/0043.html
bhill2: how CSP policies apply to
... should arrange a call with SVG WG to discuss
<bhill2> ISSUE clarify SVG rules for CSP in 1.1
terri: really need to treat SVG as active content
<bhill2> ACTION bhill2 to arrange some joint meeting time with SVG WG
<trackbot> Created ACTION-170 - Arrange some joint meeting time with svg wg [on Brad Hill - due 2014-04-30].
tanvi: default should be fallback
... 2nd item was non-canonical src
... if fails should fallback be over https? brad says no
... agrees should not require... let author decide
mkwst_: pushback in chrome team
on doing some integrity tests
... specifically for resources served by means other than https
... push for using https everywhere
... see blink-dev
ekr: is this chrome or google position?
mkwst_: some diffs in opinion; chrome infrastructure team more interested
<ekr> mkwst: can you repost that link....
<tanvi> in the spec in general?
?: should forbid fallback to protocols other than httpsbhill2
scribe: how should UAs regard fallback
<mkwst_> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msg/blink-dev/hTDUpMk_TV8/t_rjlkKfgGgJ is the thread I'm thinking about.
bhill2: separate UI impact
ekr: lot of discussion of this
topic in london
... worried about pushback from chrome
mkwst_: intent to implement was
approved, but only for https
... see how it works on a small sample
... wants basic checks on functionality ... wants data to proceed with further issues
... blink pos at moment is: let's see if it works
... then we
... we will look further
tanvi: could be used to test for lib version change then fallback to known version
bhill2: further comments? tanvi?
tanvi: not now
terri, tanvi: sorry haven't registered voices yet
<terri> glenn, don't worry, I had the same problem scribing last week!
mkwst_: sounds reasonable
... first concern is nav by script injection
... meta redirects not covered
... talked about before but not much support then
... e.g., redirect to JS url
... didn't talk about meta redirects at that time
... worried about one thread dan pointed to (blocking from pages maliciously)
... but NOT FOR 1.1
dveditz: CSP currently does
nothing to prevent injecting links or clickable images
... folks concerned about these cases
... who would use this?
mkwst_: some would use to hold user on page
bhill2: some confusion on what
CSP is trying to do
... possibly beyond scope
... maybe "meta" is interesting case
... think more about meta in 1.2?
bhill2: have talked about this a
number of times
... but keeps coming up
... make sure we have consensus reflected in 1.1 spec text
... what made it into spec text was that blob uris and similar file uris must be explicitly listed: won't match * policy
... does that reflect consensus?
... no objections, will stand as specified
mkwst_: keeps coming up because chrome doesn't implement this yet
bhill2: mutability after doc
... current policy is NOT MUTABLE
... but may need to revisit, as keeps coming up: service workers, installable webapps
... e.g., policy to take effect after service worker launched
... may differ from initial policy
... possible inconsistency between policies
dveditz: is that really late
... one visit and a later visit?
bhill2: depends on model of doc
... is an installed app a single resource, or for each instantiation a new life cycle?
dveditz: page might bounce around
server farms on different visits
... could get diff CSP on diff visits
... may be bug or intentional
... what is in spec doesn't prevent or allow...
mkwst: no guarantee that diff loads produce same content or same policy
<bhill2> ACTION bhill2 to propose text to list on ISSUE-58
<trackbot> Created ACTION-171 - Propose text to list on issue-58 [on Brad Hill - due 2014-04-30].
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138 of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/tanvi/freddyb :-)/ Succeeded: s/wseltzer/tanvi/ Succeeded: s/tanvi/terri/ Succeeded: s/tanvi/terri/ Succeeded: s/?/ekr/ Succeeded: s/?: diff/dveditz: diff/ FAILED: s/?: diff/dveditz: diff/ Succeeded: s/?: supposes/freddyb: supposes/ Succeeded: s/terri/tanvi/ Succeeded: s/?/bhill2/ Succeeded: s/terri/tanvi/ Found ScribeNick: glenn Inferring Scribes: glenn WARNING: No "Present: ... " found! Possibly Present: BHill Chairs GVoice P4 P7 aaaa aabb aacc aadd aaee bhill2 dveditz ekr freddyb glenn gmaone grobinson https joined klee mkwst mkwst_ puhley richt scribenick tanvi terri timeless_ tobie__ trackbot webappsec wseltzer You can indicate people for the Present list like this: <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary <dbooth> Present+ amy Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2014Apr/0024.html Found Date: 23 Apr 2014 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/04/23-webappsec-minutes.html People with action items:[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]