PIL OWL Ontology Meeting 2012-03-19

From Provenance WG Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Information

prov-wg - Modeling Task Force - OWL group telecon

Attendees

  • khalid
  • jun
  • mike
  • tim
  • Stephan
  • Satya
  • James
  • Paul
  • Stian

Agenda

html

   latest version - http://aquarius.tw.rpi.edu/prov-wg/prov-o
   structure should now be stable
   any objections?
   Tim: New target is section 4; section 3 still needs to be updated
   Jun/Khalid/Tim - comment on status of issues in tracker
   any major blockers? any unknowns? any that need to be assigned?
   Jun: confident all issues can be closed, with the except of those related to Account (ISSUE-324)

ontology

   issue tracker looking much better (thanks Daniel and Tim!)

ProvRDF updated - http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ProvRDF

   Tim: Keep Stian's new syntax, but add in original also, to preserve auto-generated "coverage" page
   Tim: Coverage - Short a few properties to handle derivations, plus everything related to collections TODO: Tim add original signatures.
   Stian: What about changing prov:usage and prov:activity etc? TODO Stian
   http://aquarius.tw.rpi.edu/prov-wg/provrdf-owl-coverage the list of classes and properties, add to OWL. Stephan TODO

namespaces and question about conventions

   http://www.w3.org/ns/prov#
   there is an ISSUE on the namespace, lists all namespaces in w3.org
   what do we get if we clicked on the link?
   we should repeat what sparql did: http://www.w3.org/ns/sparql-service-description# a landing page that links to DM and OWL
   conneg asking for RDF, get OWL file.
   conneg HTML gets landing page
   TODO: Paul write this down and report.

Tim/Daniel - comment on status of issues in tracker

   any major blockers? any unknowns? any that need to be assigned?

Timeline

   schedule - https://docs.google.com/a/revelytix.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An15kLxkaMA3dFVCWm9aREZFemNOYjlGQjdPRkdFZXc#gid=0
   3/30 - draft WD2 due (both ontology and html)
   4/15 - final WD2 due (both ontology and html)
   two weeks to get a draft done
   draft should be ready for publishing, so we can devote the final two weeks (3/30-4/15) to closing new issues that get raised and taking care of administrative issues

major TODO's

   HTML
   write content for sections of html that are not generated from ontology
   ontology
   provRDF-coverage - need to have all terms from DM represented in OWL and vice versa
   packaging/administrative - http://services.w3.org/xslt?xmlfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/01-transitions.html&xslfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transitions.xsl&docstatus=fpwd-wd-tr
   http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/PIL_OWL_Ontology#W3C_Style_Guidelines

Next week

HTML

   write content for sections of html that are not generated from ontology
   sections assigned below

ontology

   provRDF-coverage - need to have all terms from DM represented in OWL and vice versa
   Stephan to add Collections to ontology
   Tim to update ProvRDF page to use correct syntax for auto-generating coverage page
   Stian to update "had" properties

HTML

Each of these sections need to be assigned:

  • Section 1: Introduction
    • Mike
  • Section 2: Glance
    • Auto?? (yes, it is auto)
  • Section 3: The PROV-O Ontology Description
    • Jun can update the diagram and examples and overview text
  • Section 3.1 Prov-O starting points:
    • Khalid (Description of the diagram + example)
  • Section 3.2 Prov-O expanded:
    •  ?? (depends on 3.1? -- wait until 3.1 is done?) I agree
  • Section 3.3 Qualifying Relationships in Prov-O:
    •  ?? Tim :-) starting in full Saturday, but will try to find time through week.
  • Section 3.4 Collections: (lowest priority section)
    • Stian (should be able to start on the 27th)
  • Section 4: Cross reference for PROV-O classes and properties
    • Auto?? (yes, it is auto)
  • Other sections??

Authoring methodology options: 1. Add text to source HTML of http://aquarius.tw.rpi.edu/prov-wg/prov-o, save original and modified version, send both to Tim 2. Write as plain text (e.g. word document)