HTML A11Y TF Text Sub-group

20 Dec 2011

See also: IRC log


Judy, Janina_Sajka, Leonie_Watson
John, Michael


bug triage check (needs info, etc) for text-related bugs

JB: what is the status of text-related bugs, in the bug triage review

LW: rechecking among the ones that we have pulled out

JB: defer briefly for now

longdesc survey timing

JB: Janina were the Chairs saying that they would send the longdesc re-survey out in mid-January?

<scribe> scribe: Judy

JS: checking TF minutes
... they were hoping to have the final review of the change proposals out before holiday break. one down, another to go. no commitment on survey, acc to minutes.

JB & JS, re-check w/ Chairs on planned timing of survey

update on discussion and change request for WG location for alt guidance

JB: [side discussion] still some accessibility problems with bugzilla interface?

LW: some combination of accessibility and usability issues

JB: talked with M. Cooper, still needs to discuss w/ Steve F., and then revise some parts of his proposal. Pending, but MC will contact SF to schedule discussion.

update on meta name generator?

JB: any update on meeting w/ SF on meta name generator?

JS: I will meet with SF over the holidays

update on title?

JB: update...?

JS: same situation, need a conversation w/ SF, will happen over the holidays

status of bugs on removing inaccurate alt guidance from core spec?

JB: what about the status of the bugs about removing incorrect alt guidance from the spec?

LW: these were assigned to Steve F, not sure the exact status, but these are not corrected yet

JB: may ping steve f for an update on these, then talk w/ Co-Chairs

JS: yes, concerned about scattered odd comments about accessibility throughout the doc; need to also be addressing these, in addition to the technical guidance

JB: do these things have a text flag for these items

LW: yes, but not working well at the moment. will ping MC for suggestions.

update on title?

confirming generated content taken up by UAWG?

JB: UAWG is reviewing the generated content item still, and will probably commit to taking it up, but might have advice back to TF as well; keep monitoring this item till confirm closed.

update on fig caption?

JB: interested in current status of fig caption in bugzilla?

ALL: searching...
... there are at least two relevant bugs



JB: long discussion on the actual bugtracker, haven't been getting notifications. available here: https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13651
... reminders that example sets and usability feedback were in progress at one point, need to resume
... and need to reply to Sam's qu from yesterday.

JS: need examples & use cases.

JB: had already documented examples; need to write them up for user testing

LW: just found another bug relating to fig caption

<LeonieW> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9876

JB: resume write-up of test examples

confirm next meeting; identify next scribe; adjourn.

bug triage check (needs info, etc) for text-related bugs

<LeonieW> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=a11y_text-alt&bug_status=RESOLVED&resolution=NEEDSINFO

<LeonieW> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=a11y_text-alt

JB: LW, thanks for bug searches on this
... JS, how being tracked?

LW: We are assigning, and then we are tracking and reminding.

JB: concerned about availability of some assignees...

All: looking through comprehensive bug list, of accessibility-tagged

LW: we need to re-assign the "needs info" bugs

JB: but what about the "won't fix" bugs?

LW: We need to check with all the regular filers

JS: and we need to escalate to an issue by mid-Jan, by then.
... we need to schedule extra meetings... may need to schedule extra meetings the first week of January

JB: do a deadline marathon?
... hmmm

LW: expand bug triage meeting that week?

confirm next meeting; identify next scribe; adjourn.

JB: wondering about the 3rd as well...?
... and then the 10th?

LW: there may be many labeled "fixed" where we don't agree with the resolution

JB: right, that was the ones I was referring to

JS could you chair a Jan 3rd call if I queue up a notice, and ping people in advance? and then we do an extended meeting the following week?

scribe: and if Michael can be available...
... and with links and bugs list to search...

LW: can be backup for chairing that meeting
... on Jan 3rd

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/12/20 19:23:20 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/interface/interface?/
Succeeded: s/found/just found/
Succeeded: s/the following meet/the following week/
Found Scribe: Judy
Inferring ScribeNick: Judy
Default Present: Judy, Janina_Sajka, Leonie_Watson
Present: Judy Janina_Sajka Leonie_Watson
Regrets: John Michael
Got date from IRC log name: 20 Dec 2011
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/12/20-text-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]