See also: IRC log
<scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB
<scribe> Scribe: Art
Date: 13 December 2011
<smaug> do we have a call?
<smaug> calls in
AB: I published a Draft agenda yesterday http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/0149.html. Any change requests? One addition I propose is an AoB topic at the end of the meeting.
AB: one announcement is that the
Candidate Recommendation for the Touch Events v1 spec should be
published on December 15.
... any other short announcements?
AB: I don't have any new
information to share on the next steps re Apple's patent
beyond what PLH reported last month
... My interpretation of the Patent Policy is a Patent Advisory Group will be started but I haven't seen anything from the W3C Staff regarding the impending PAG.
... Doug do you have any new information on this?
DS: I think we will be starting a PAG
… but not likely to start until the beginning of next year
AB: I want to repeat that we will *NOT* directly discuss any of the patents or patent applications in this WG
AB: three things here. First, the
CfC to add Mouse/Pointer Lock and Gamepad APIs to WebApps'
charter and not WebEvents' charter
... there were no objections to that proposal so the means those two APIs will be included in the charter the AC will review.
… that is the AC review of the WebApps' charter
AB: second, this means WebEvents
will *not* have to revise its charter.
... third, FYI, the latest Draft proposal for Indie UI WG (fka Intentional Events WG)
SS: is this a new WG?
DS: yes, that's correct
AB: and the idea is that what we have previously called the "Intentional Events" spec, will be a joint spec for WebEvents and this new Indie UI WG
AB: we have a few sub-topics here
... re directory organization: for consistency with WebApps and HTML WGs,
should the directory structure be changed as indicated in the draft agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/0149.html
<smaug> looks ok to me
AB: I don't feel strongly about
that structure so I welcome comments
... any objections to changing our structure?
… to align with WebApps and HTML WG's structure for tests?
… I could start a CfC on the structure question?
DS: I think that is appropriate
AB: we don't have Matt here so I want his feedback
<scribe> ACTION: barstow start a CfC re directory structure for WebEvents tests [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/13-webevents-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-89 - Start a CfC re directory structure for WebEvents tests [on Arthur Barstow - due 2011-12-20].
AB: before we talk about specific actions, let me ask if anyone has analyzed the tests we have vis-a-vis the minimum needed to exit CR?
… I'm trying to get a sense of the level of "doneness" we have WRT the current set of tests
… Does anyone know, roughly?
[ Silence ]
DS: no, I don't
AB: is this an important question
DS: if the testable assertions were marked, this could be easier to assess
… we need to talk to the people writing tests
… but without them on the call, it's difficult to determine
AB: yes, I agree with all of the things you said
… Is anyone willing to do create some type of assertion table?
… That is enumerate the testable assertions?
… I think we are going to need something like that
… Any volunteers?
CC: I can take a look at that
<scribe> ACTION: cathy Create a first iteration of an Assertion Table for the Touch Events v1 spec [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/13-webevents-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-90 - Create a first iteration of an Assertion Table for the Touch Events v1 spec [on Cathy Chan - due 2011-12-20].
AB: thanks Cathy!
CC: just to be clear, I'm willing to start but can't commit to completing it
AB: Action-74 on Olli Pettay "Create some multitouch test cases" http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/actions/74
OP: I created it awhile ago
… need someone to move it into Hg
AB: does that use testharness?
OP: yes it does
OP: I copied the single touch and modified it for multi-touch
… The idea was that I would start the multi-touch and then others could add
AB: yes, that matches my
... Action-66 on Dzung Tran "Create multitouch test cases for the Touch Events spec" <http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/actions/66>
… and Tran was waiting for Olli's Action-74
… which we can consider complete, once the test is copied to Hg
<scribe> ACTION: barstow Copy Olli's mult-touch.html file to Hg [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/13-webevents-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-91 - Copy Olli's mult-touch.html file to Hg [on Arthur Barstow - due 2011-12-20].
AB: anything else on testing for today?
[ No ]
AB: let's tentatively plan a call
for next week and I'll send an e-mail if it is canceled
... there will be no call December 27 nor on January 3
... in case there is no call next week, I just want to say that working with you folks on this spec has been a real pleasure, perhaps the most enjoyable part of my "day job" this year.
... Thanks very much for all of your hard work! Enjoy the upcoming holidays and see you next year!
... any other business for today?
DS: I concur with Art re this group
… very professional
… and everyone has stepped up
OP: thanks Art for being the Scribe
AB: my pleasure
... Meeting Adjourned
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136 of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Found ScribeNick: ArtB Found Scribe: Art Default Present: Art_Barstow, Suman_Sharma, Doug_Schepers, Olli_Pettay Present: Art_Barstow Cathy_Chan Suman_Sharma Doug_Schepers Olli_Pettay Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/0149.html Found Date: 13 Dec 2011 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/12/13-webevents-minutes.html People with action items: barstow cathy copy file mult-touch.html olli s WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]