See also: IRC log
Date: 6 October 2011
<scribe> Meeting: 198
<scribe> Scribe: Norm
<scribe> ScribeNick: Norm
Jim gives regrets.
Welcome back from summer vacation.
Register and find accommodations!
Norm: I believe that Paul, Norm,
Henry, Vojtech, Jim, and Alex will be at the f2f.
... I propose we discuss the agenda today or next week for sure.
Norm: I think there are only a
few things open.
... There are some actions on me: conformance section, the test suite license, etc.
... There was a question about the doc('') function
... And there's the processor profiles document
Jim: I wrote a pipeline to keep the processing model page up to date.
Norm: Thank you!
<JimFuller> I like external declarations profile
Norm: Four profiles: basic, id, external declarations, and full
Norm proposes that we use those names in the next draft. Any objections?
Norm: Alex, you wanted to change the class names.
Alex: The name "B'" just bugs me. It's all about unparsed entities, so we could call it "U" or "S".
Norm: I think U might be confusing (with unparsed external entities). How about S
Alex: It doesn't really matter, it's just a label.
Norm: I propose we rename B' to S. Any objections?
Norm: We'll see if Henry objects when he's back.
Alex: I'd also like to change
4.2.3 to use something less confusing than "Entirely, for the
... I think we should use "per the case above" as the preceding section does.
Norm: That works for me.
Vojtech: How about making the sections cumulative. So each builds on the previous.
Alex: This is purely editorial.
<scribe> ACTION: Alex to work with Henry to resolve the editorial issue in 4.2.3. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-xproc-minutes.html#action01]
Norm: I think that just leaves
the last call comments.
... Would anyone be willing to go through the last call comments and try to propose resolutions for them.?
<JimFuller> I can have a go
Jim: I'll have a go.
Alex: What are we going to do about test cases.
Norm: I think we said that this is like the infoset and is a spec for other specs to use and consequently doesn't have it's own implementation.
Norm: I think the most important
task on our plate is getting the processor profiles document
... I think we've had some interest in talking about V.next
Alex: I have some V.next things
to send out
... I think we also need to do some marketing.
... Other WGs do all sorts of things to build a community, I think we should try to do the same thing.
Norm: I agree.
Jim: I think getting some pipelines out there for people to download and immediately use would help.
Norm: I added xproc.org/library to help publish pipelines.
Jim: XProc is verbose, but it's
very reusable. Standard pipelines can really help move that
... At the f2f, it would be nice to talk about how to make pipelines easier to distribute and use.
Norm: Anything else.
... I'll try to have a draft agenda for the f2f ready by next week.
None heard. Adjourned.
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136 of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) FAILED: s/Yo/You/ Succeeded: s/yo/you/ Succeeded: s/coes/does/ Found Scribe: Norm Inferring ScribeNick: Norm Found ScribeNick: Norm Default Present: Norm, PGrosso, Vojtech, +420.7.282.7.aaaa, JimFuller, alexmilowski Present: Norm Paul Vojtech Jim Alex Regrets: Henry Mohamed Agenda: http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-agenda Found Date: 06 Oct 2011 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-xproc-minutes.html People with action items: alex[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]