HTML Weekly Teleconference

08 Sep 2011

See also: IRC log




<trackbot> Date: 08 September 2011

<mjs> thanks adrianba!

<scribe> ScribeNick: hober

ACTION items due by Thursday, September 8

mjs: there are none

new issues this week

<mjs> http://w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=TrackerRequest

<pimpbot> Title: Bug List (at w3.org)

mjs: there are none, but two new tracker requests
... actually, they are issues

items closed last week

ISSUE-165: rel-pingback, Call for Consensus closed Aug 24

<trackbot> ISSUE-165 Drop rel=pingback notes added

<mjs> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Aug/0321.html

<pimpbot> Title: CfC: Close ISSUE-165: rel-pingback by Amicable Resolution from Sam Ruby on 2011-08-17 (public-html@w3.org from August 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

items closing this week

<mjs> er

<Zakim> adrianba, you wanted to mention issue-166 call for counter proposals closed aug 31

adrianba: 166 also closed

<mjs> ack

mjs: missed this in putting agenda together, will cover next week
... no items closing this week

items closing next week

mjs: there are none

new calls this week

mjs: there are 4, all due aug 8

ISSUE-170 rel-uri-valid, ISSUE-171 microdata-rdf, ISSUE-172 restore-rb, ISSUE-173 split-appcache

new surveys this week

mjs: there are none

decisions this week

mjs: there are none

task force reports

accessibility task force

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 14087] Return sections of HTML5 that were removed outside of the W3C <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Sep/0305.html>

janina: tf is busy looking at bugs marked a11ytf & looking through rest to see if any more need to be tagged
... about 70% of the way through looking at things not yet tf-tagged
... there are around 90 tf-tagged bugs
... rich is continuing working on his canvas cp
... about a week or two away from bringing to wg
... he's getting feedback on the cp from browser vendors
... text subteam is looking at things they want reconsidered
... longdesc, figcaption, etc.
... work slowed at end of aug due to holidays etc.
... question about the last call bug from association for american publishers re: longdesc=""
... would like to attach their work as appendix to the longdesc="" proposal

mjs: yes, folding that into the ISSUE-30 cp is the right thing to do
... the new bug will likely be marked as a duplicate of the old ISSUE-30 bug

janina: spent a lot of time on this morning's a11y call on generated content & a11y
... might be html related, might be css related


<pimpbot> 1113368: contributor, P3, RESOLVED DUPLICATE, 13The non-normative part says "throws an INVALID_STATE_ERR" but the normative part says "must return", not mentioning any exceptions.

other business

mjs: none

scribe for next meeting

mjs: hober will scribe


Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/09/08 16:24:38 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: hober
Inferring Scribes: hober

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: HP ISSUE-165 J_Voracek Microsoft P49 ScribeNick Title adrianba arronei_ bugmail dpenkler dsinger dsinger_ eliot janina mjs pimpbot trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 08 Sep 2011
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]