HTML Weekly Teleconference

01 Sep 2011


See also: IRC log


hober, Radhika_Roy, Mike, dsinger, adrianba, krisk, +1.619.518.aaaa, eliot, +1.919.247.aacc, rubys, Julian, Laura_Carlson, Mike.a, Plh
Sam Ruby
Adrian Bateman


<trackbot> Date: 01 September 2011

<scribe> ScribeNick: adrianba

<scribe> Scribe: Adrian Bateman

<pimpbot> Title: HTML WG telecon 2011-09-01: Issue progress, Task Force reports from Sam Ruby on 2011-08-31 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from July to September 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

ACTION items due by Thursday, September 1

rubys: there are none

New Issues This Week

rubys: we have several


<trackbot> ISSUE-170 -- make URIs valid link relations -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/170

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-170: make URIs valid link relations - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)


<trackbot> ISSUE-171 -- URI-s generated for microdata attribute values -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/171

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-171: URI-s generated for microdata attribute values - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)


<trackbot> ISSUE-172 -- restore <rb> as an optional element -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/172

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-172: restore as an optional element - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)


<trackbot> ISSUE-173 -- Split AppCache out -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/173

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-173: Split AppCache out - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)


<trackbot> ISSUE-174 -- potential conflict between Link: and <link> semantics -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/174

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-174: potential conflict between Link: and semantics - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13995] Don't check Content-Type for <track> <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Sep/0031.html>

rubys: we'll see what discussion of these generates and then start scheduling them for calls for proposals
... we also have one tracker request that is awaiting a title and text - once those are provided we'll open an issue

Items Closed Last Week


<trackbot> ISSUE-165 -- Drop rel=pingback -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/165

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-165: Drop rel=pingback - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: declared that we have consensus - awaiting the editor to make the change


<trackbot> ISSUE-153 -- link type "external" either not useful or underspecified -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/153

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-153: link type "external" either not useful or underspecified - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)


<trackbot> ISSUE-154 -- "sidebar" might not be a proper use of a link relation -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/154

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-154: "sidebar" might not be a proper use of a link relation - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: both of these have been updated by the editor and marked closed

Items Closing This Week


<trackbot> ISSUE-166 -- text/html-sandboxed does not always fail closed -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/166

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-166: text/html-sandboxed does not always fail closed - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: call for counter proposal actually closed yesterday - not seen counter proposals so looks likely we'll go to call for consensus

Items Closing Next Week

rubys: none

New Calls this week

rubys: again none

New Surveys this week

rubys: none

Decisions this week

rubys: none

Task Force Reports - Testing Task Force

<krisk> Notes ->http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2011Sep/0000.html

<pimpbot> Title: RE: HTML Testing Task Force Conf Call Agenda 8/23/2011 from Kris Krueger on 2011-09-01 (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from September 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

krisk: we met as a group last week as planned - meet again next week
... the group had agreement to remove 4 attribute tests

bug 13767?

<pimpbot> 11http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13767 Ms2ger, P2, RESOLVED FIXED, 13Invalid video tests

krisk: there was further discussion from Mozilla about wanting to use httpd.js
... some async script tests submitted using php - working really well - thanks to the systems team for making that work
... some discussion around not using the harness for sandbox tests
... because they can't run script - the group agreed to this
... that's it

Task Force Reports - Accessibility Task Force

rubys: janina gave her regrets

MikeSmith: janina is away today - not much to report
... some smaller scale participation over the last couple of calls

<pimpbot> Title: The WHATWG Blog — WHATWG Weekly: Rich-Text Editing on the Web (at blog.whatwg.org)

MikeSmith: the biggest amount of work we have to resolve is around text alternatives
... we have a subteam in the TF discussing this but we haven't reached a point where we have something to come back with or anything for the WG to take action on
... the canvas work, rich is still actively pursuing
... we had a discussion on the call today about this
... at some point soon rich will be coming back on that soon
... he's waiting for hixie to respond on one of the issues - couldn't tell if there was an open bug to raise the priority on
... rich expressed some frustration about lack of response - i'll see if there is a bug and check with rich on how we want to prioritise this issue/bug
... that's it so far for now

rubys: agree with what you said about the bug

MikeSmith: okay, i'll follow-up with rich

Other Business

julian: this an interesting variant on the discussions we have about adding things without prior discussion
... in this case text being removed from the spec and moved to a non-w3c spec

rubys: were there bug reports that caused the text to be removed?

julian: not sure

rubys: in the past there have been

MikeSmith: i don't know about multiple cases but there was an open bug about the editing work
... if this is about something else i don't know but for editing there was a bug

rubys: if there is a bug i consider that a working group discussion
... if you see cases where there wasn't a bug please feel free to document them and raise a bug

plh: wondering if there is any status on the html.next discussion

rubys: no, i don't think there is any update at the moment

plh: okay

Scribe for next meeting

rubys: volunteers?
... maciej will be on his own next week - paul and i will be on vacation

plh: i will be away too

<hober> I can scribe

rubys: we do have a volunteer


rubys: with that, we're adjourned - see you in a couple of weeks

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/09/01 16:21:33 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/and issue/an issue/
Found ScribeNick: adrianba
Found Scribe: Adrian Bateman
Default Present: hober, Radhika_Roy, Mike, dsinger, adrianba, krisk, +1.619.518.aaaa, eliot, +1.919.247.aacc, rubys, Julian, Laura_Carlson, Mike.a, Plh
Present: hober Radhika_Roy Mike dsinger adrianba krisk +1.619.518.aaaa eliot +1.919.247.aacc rubys Julian Laura_Carlson Mike.a Plh
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011JulSep/0015.html
Found Date: 01 Sep 2011
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]