HTML Weekly Teleconference

25 Aug 2011



kimberlyblessing, Sam, eliot, adrianba, mjs, dsinger, Julian, Janina
Maciej Stachowiak
Adrian Bateman


<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12792] Publish the polyglot 'Sample Page' as both 'application/xhtml+xml' and as 'text/html' <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Aug/2314.html>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13896] New: [editing] Drop UndoManager section and point to http://rniwa.com/editing/undomanager.html instead for now (will merge back in eventually assuming it gets browser implementations) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Aug/2317.html> 4** [Bug 13482] dir=auto needs to work on value of input and textarea elements <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Aug/2316.html> 4** [Bug 13

<pimpbot> planet: Jesper Kristensen: Mobile Meeting Minutes: 2011-08-24 <11http://blog.mozilla.com/meeting-notes/archives/636>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13433] Using "Function?" for the on* IDL attribute type doesn't seem to match implementations on setting <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Aug/2318.html>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13898] New: Make things simpler. Too many complicated API. like JavaScript(it is reall shit not a langueg or Script). Web programming is like jongel and not very productive. Thanks <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Aug/2319.html>

<pimpbot> planet: Robert Nyman: Mozilla Hacks Weekly, August 25th 2011 <11http://hacks.mozilla.org/2011/08/mozilla-hacks-weekly-august-25th-2011/>

<pimpbot> planet: Chris Heilmann: People of HTML5 – John Allsopp <11http://hacks.mozilla.org/2011/08/people-of-html5-john-allsopp/>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13899] New: Incorrect value for action and formaction <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Aug/2320.html> 4** [Bug 13899] Incorrect value for action and formaction <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Aug/2321.html>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13900] New: Please mention how to handle (or ignore?) non-standard "charset" parameter <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Aug/2322.html> 4** [Bug 13871] <video> behavior when setting currentTime to current playback position <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Aug/2323.html>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13901] New: 4.13.5 Footnotes Your recommendation for longer annotations is a bit clumsy when it comes to styling footnotes with multiple paragraphs. Would something like this be better? <section> <a id="fn1" href="#r1">[1]</a><p>This is, naturally, a lie.</p> <p>Pa <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Aug/2325.html> 4** [Bug 13898] Make things simpler. Too many complicated API. like JavaScript(it is reall shit not

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13902] New: Have more details about the format of accessKeyLabel, like by giving examples. We don't want one browser to format it like "Alt+L" and another "alt-l". <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Aug/2329.html> 4** [Bug 13068] for consistency with RFC 5988, link/@rel should allow extension relation types <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Aug/2327.html> 4** [Bug 13767] Invali

<rubys> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Date: 25 August 2011

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13903] New: leftover text about "sidebar hyperlinks" <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Aug/2330.html>

<rubys> http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/html-wg/20110818#l-286

<pimpbot> Title: IRC logs: w3c / #html-wg / 20110818 (at krijnhoetmer.nl)

<scribe> ScribeNick: adrianba

<scribe> Scribe: Adrian Bateman

<pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-08-24: from Maciej Stachowiak on 2011-08-25 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from July to September 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

ACTION items due by Thursday, August 25

mjs: there are none

New Issues This Week

mjs: also none, there is one tracker request

<mjs> http://w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=TrackerRequest

<pimpbot> Title: Bug List (at w3.org)

mjs: because of the confused history of this bug we've got in touch to the people that reopened/asked for tracker
... we're going to double-check with them about how to proceed - we also need title/description, etc.
... seems like it will eventually end up in tracker

Items Closed Last Week


<trackbot> ISSUE-165 -- Drop rel=pingback -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/165

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-165: Drop rel=pingback - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: call for consensus closed on aug 24
... this showed us as last week and this week - this week probably more accurate
... anyway, it closed yesterday - any questions on this?
... moving on

Items Closing This Week

mjs: already discussed ISSUE-165

Items Closing Next Week

mjs: there is one


<trackbot> ISSUE-166 -- text/html-sandboxed does not always fail closed -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/166

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-166: text/html-sandboxed does not always fail closed - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: call for counter proposals closes aug 31
... does anyone have any questions or comments on issue-166

New Calls this week

mjs: there are none

New Surveys this week

mjs: there are also none

Decisions this week

mjs: there is one - v2 of the decision policy was adopted by the WG

<mjs> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Aug/0385.html

<pimpbot> Title: Re: CfC: Adopt Decision Policy Version 2 from Maciej Stachowiak on 2011-08-24 (public-html@w3.org from August 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

mjs: cfc closed a little while ago but we adopted this this week
... that will shortly be put in place of the older draft and we'll continue processing bugs for a v3 to come later but this comes with new policies based on requests from the WG
... will be good to have this official
... any questions or comments on this?

Other Business

mjs: does anyone have any other topics they wish to raise today?
... not hearing any

Scribe for next meeting

mjs: any volunteers?

adrianba: looks like i got off lightly this week - i can go again

janina: regrets for next week

mjs: adrian will volunteer for next week


mjs: this meeting is now over - i'll be away next week
... back in two weeks

<eliot> bye

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/08/25 16:13:17 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/looks like/adrianba: looks like/
Found ScribeNick: adrianba
Found Scribe: Adrian Bateman
Default Present: kimberlyblessing, Sam, eliot, adrianba, mjs, dsinger, Julian, Janina
Present: kimberlyblessing Sam eliot adrianba mjs dsinger Julian Janina
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011JulSep/0013.html
Found Date: 25 Aug 2011
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/08/25-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]