See also: IRC log
<tbaker> Previous: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/11-lld-minutes.html
<tbaker> scribe: michaelp
<tbaker> scribenick: michaelp
Tom: No objection to the
... Minutes accepted
... Future telecons
... We can continue to use the telecon slot for coordinating the editing.
Tom: We had an action to keep track of comments
<scribe> ACTION: Emma to keep track of comments through AUG. 11 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minutes.html#action03] [DONE]
<scribe> ACTION: Jodi to make an alternative transclusion [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minutes.html#action04]
<scribe> --DONE -- see http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportWithTransclusion
Tom: At some point, we have to
stop taking major comments into consideration.
... I think we need to close the action to watch for substantial comments.
... However, we need somebody who is willing to watch the mailing list and blog.
... This person should announce that we are transitioning to finalizing the report.
<antoine> +1 for closing the action
Karen: Any comments that appear on the list become discussions on the list. No special reply needed.
Tom: Should we post note to the list that comment period has ended?
<marcia> Agree Karen
<scribe> ACTION: Tom to post an announcement to the list that comment period has ended [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action03]
<scribe> ACTION: Editors of each section should watch for substantial comments to their section [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/30-lld-minutes.html#action06] [DONE]
<scribe> ACTION: Tom to post an announcement to the list that comment period has ended [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action05]
<kcoyle> yes to title -
Tom: We don't have a title for the report yet, but I would propose "Library Linked Data Incubator Group Final Report: W3C Incubator Group Report xx September 2011"
<antoine> +1 to title: not exciting but explicit...
Tom: We have to write
... We should have brief discussions who to include from inside and outside the working group.
<kcoyle> I think the chairs should do it
<antoine> me is volunteering
Tom: Who is willing to take on an action to draft acknowledgements?
<edsu> +1 for chairs
<scribe> ACTION: Tom and Antoine to draft acknowledgements. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action06]
<antoine> it would look like http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-primer/#secack, probably
<kcoyle> listing editors seems pretty neutral
<antoine> together with a quite complete listing of editors and contributors from XG
<marcia> maybe include also whoever were invited to our telecons
<kcoyle> antoine, yes
<antoine> @marcia: maybe we could ack people related to JISC and UKOLN who came and gave us some light
<edsu> is the draft available yet? sorry if it has been announced and i just missed it
UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: Main part of the report: Executive summary. We have to find a date next week to look at the sumamry together.
<antoine> @edsu: the latest version is still at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportWithTransclusion
<edsu> antoine: thnx
Karen: The group should feel free to edit before the call.
Tom: I volunteered to write an introductory paragraph. Still to be done.
<rsinger> better late than never, i guess
<edsu> lol :)
Tom: We received comment on "Current situtation" we have to take into account
Antoine: Just wanted to check that general size and tone of new edits is fitting to the other parts in this section.
<Emma> I sent comments this morning re: current situation, but I also offered to make the changes if the comments make sense to you guys.
Ross: Benefits section. Something
was completely lost that was in the comments.
... It is the stew that matters not the individual components for linked data. All has to come together.
... This is not reflected in the section.
<antoine> ross++ it is bad if we entirely lost the "stone stew" message
<marcia> +1 for Ross' observation
<edsu> maybe we just need a stone soup of some happy people eating stone soup :)
<scribe> ACTION: Ross to propose sentence about sum being more than the parts [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action07]
<kcoyle> just appendices is fine
Tom: Technical Appendix. How do we want to set this apart in the final version?
<rsinger> edsu: or a very long footnote explaining how the stone does not refer explicitly to MARC, unless that's how you want to read it, etc.
<rsinger> edsu: VERY long footnote
Tom: How do we mark this as "technical"?
<antoine> Just "appendix"
<marcia> 'Part II"?
<rsinger> +1 to "just appendix"
Michael: +1 to just call it "Appendix"
<Emma> +1 for appendix
<pmurray> +1 Agreed.
<antoine> will do
Tom: Ok, decided.
<marcia> I think we answered all comments and suggestions, including from blog.
Antoine: We still have some outstanding comments for vocabs and datasets.
<antoine> almost :-)
Tom: Deliverable B: Use
... Antoine: I would not object to Daniel being the sole editor.
... But all contributors to the cluster should be listed.
... A lot of work went into these pages.
... Maybe Antoine and I could make a proposal how to handle the naming of contributors for the use cases?
Antoine: Overlap with general contributors will be quite large.
Tom: We can also ask Daniel and Jodi.
<antoine> I think so
Tom: Deliverable C: Title and editors OK?
<marcia> Set = Sets
Tom: No objections. Default will stand.
<marcia> title missing a 's'
<marcia> Deliverable C "W3C Library Linked Data Incubator Group: Datasets, Value Vocabularies, and Metadata Element Set" -- "Sets"
<scribe> ACTION: Karen, Tom, Michael, and Gordon to write the executive summary [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minutes.html#action05] [CONTINUED]
<scribe> ACTION: Karen and Emma to write a sentence adding cultural and memory institutions together in some way [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action03] [CONTINUED]
<scribe> ACTION: Editors of Benefits to meet and work on the comments. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minutes.html#action07] [DONE]
<scribe> ACTION: Karen will track items from former "issues" and "recommendations" that belong to benefits [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minutes.html#action08] [DONE]
<scribe> ACTION: Jeff to integrate more refined view of non-resolvable URIs and linking. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minutes.html#action08] [DONE]
<scribe> ACTION: Karen will convene issues and recommendations group to identify things that need to be discussed with larger group for July 21 meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action04] [DONE]
<scribe> ACTION: Karen and Antoine to relate Library Data Resources and Library Standards and Linked data [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action12] [DONE]
<scribe> ACTION: Emma to review Use Cases and make comments [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action07] [CONTINUED]
Tom: We have remaining writing
tasks as discussed above.
... We need to declare the comment period closed.
... Next week, we need to start moving thing over to HTML.
... Go/No-go vote next week + final quality checks.
... We have to trust the editors whether things are ready to be moved over to HTML
Karen: Isn't this part of the editorial work anyway?
Tom: It would be nice to have
third parties look over it, but we don't seem to have enough
... So we will rely on the editors.
<kcoyle> where does the html live? w3c site?
Tom: Moving wiki docs over to HTML: Ideally, we should have volunteers that have experience with this.
<tbaker> How to migrate from wiki to HTML http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Publishing_Incubator_Group_Documents
<pmurray> Seems straightforward enough to do...
<kcoyle> wouldn't it be easier to just take the wiki stuff as text?
<pmurray> Put me down as helping with that.
<kcoyle> it should be easy to code the text up
Karen: Given that our doc is mostly text, we could just grab text an then mark it up.
Tom: We also have to run it
through the publication checker.
... To make sure it conform to W3C standards
... Chairs will be involved. Karen and Peter also.
<scribe> ACTION: Chairs, Karen, Peter to migrate wiki content to HTML [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action16]
Tom: Response to the list on how LLD XG handled comments?
Antoine: We cannot generally acknowledge comments individually.
<Emma> Maybe say a word about comments handling in the methodology section of the report ?
Tom: We can point to where we
acknowledged the comments summarily and can respond that we
took all into consideration.
... We can add a sentence about comment handling in introductory remarks.
Antoine: Should I still send draft mails for specific comments to my section?
<scribe> ACTION: Chairs to prepare press release with W3C [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action17]
Tom: Any comments?
<antoine> I've not heard about activity there...
<antoine> Anyone going to LOD-LAM-DC?
Tom: We will have to close out the XG in order to be able to transition to community group, but we have not identified any leaders yet.
<Emma> a lot of people asked me about it at IFLA
<kcoyle> haven't heard about lod-lam-dc. got a link?
<marcia> There is an email about LAM-DC
Tom: I follow up with Jon Voss about this.
<edsu> jon voss' event in december http://lod-lam.net/summit/2011/08/17/lodlam-dc/
Tom: Thanks to all. Next week: final telecon!
<marcia> thank you, Tom.
Tom: Meeting adjourned.
Sure, I think Im still muted
<Emma> Bye all !
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136 of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/ACTION/ACTION:/ Succeeded: s/JISC/JISC and UKOLN/ FAILED: s/need a stone soupe/graphic/ Succeeded: s/need a stone soup/graphic/ Succeeded: s/Should I send to /Should I still send / Found Scribe: michaelp Found ScribeNick: michaelp Default Present: tbaker, jeff_, antoine, michaelp, +1.330.672.aaaa, marcia, kcoyle, +1.678.235.aabb, pmurray, edsu, rsinger Present: tbaker jeff_ antoine michaelp +1.330.672.aaaa marcia kcoyle +1.678.235.aabb pmurray edsu rsinger Regrets: Gordon Jodi Lars Kai Uldis Jeff Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0065.html Got date from IRC log name: 18 Aug 2011 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html People with action items: antoine chairs emma gordon jodi karen michael peter ross tom[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]