See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 17 August 2011
<nick> trackbot, start meeting
<trackbot> Meeting: Forms Working Group Teleconference
<trackbot> Date: 17 August 2011
<scribe> scribe: klotz
klotz: Let's pick topics to turn into spec language.
John: And review.
Nick: XPath 2 is ready for review.
John: We need to know how to turn it into spec-ready content too.
Leigh: Nick and Steven have done it.
Nick: The XForms 2.0 spec in wiki
markup. I have a tool to convert that to HTML to publish in TR
... The wiki already looks like a spec.
John: So log in to this page and add content?
Nick: Or create a new page and add content.
Leigh: Is it a series of includes of modules?
Nick: It's one wiki page. It's not split. If you edit you can do a global edit. Multiple edits is OK if you edit sections.
John: We use the HTML markup that's there?
Nick: It's a python script.
John: To edit this page we just
follow the example? Any conventions?
... How do you do a reference?
<nick> In the XForms approach, forms are comprised of a section that describes what the form does, called the [[#def-xforms-model|XForms Model]], and another section that describes how the form is to be presented.
Nick: IDs are prefixed with refs.
John: Is there a recommended
... There are funny characters in Firefox 3.6. Is that a browser issue?
Nick: Which section?
John: In intro reading, "reading the specification"
Leigh: I see, not nbsp but an m-dash or something.
John: OK, it is an import issue.
Nick: When editing the complete spec check the browser.
John: It worked ok in
... It is that simple.
Nick: For diffs we use htmldiff from w3c.
John: If we edit this page, is this the authoritative source?
Nick: There is a log.
... There is a base copy from the import as well, for diff.
... We can edit the base version to suppress space issues, etc.
Leigh: That looks pretty good.
Leigh: Are there things not on this list?
John: There are things I'd like
to work on.
... We got a patent issued for a switch UI control with an attribute-like syntax. IBM has that patent on August 9. As soon as we can get it into the spec we'll have the RF patent protection.
Leigh: So you're talking about
... Would you be doing that?
Leigh: OK SO we add
to the agenda for the editorial meeting.
... How about Model-based repeat index?
John: Nested repeat is the same as nested switch, or switch inside repeat. It's not hard.
Leigh: Do you think you could stub is out as it's close to switch?
John: I don't think it's quite the same. I want an attribute on the switch itself, but the group wanted a child element. That doesn't work for repeat. It's got some significant differences such as where you put the element. We almost need a container element for repeat to have other stuff. I know Steven has been on for quite a while about higher-order markup that encapsulates the "stuff" we tend to do (patterns) and this might fit into that bucket.
Leigh: OK, what else?
backported from XPath 2.0 to XPath 1.0.
... I added them as extension functions.
Leigh: Why do we need to move them from XPath 2.0 to XPath 1.0 then?
John: It's not a long description. You have to make mention of it for those not doing an XPath 2.0 version.
Nick: I'd suggest a spec module; it's for a small number and easily done in a separate module.
John: Where the rest of the XForms extension functions go for XPath 1.0.
John: I wouldn't backport them
all. XForms 2.0 has to come out before we implement ti.
... We already have other functions like that.
Nick: We changed XForms so it doesn't refer to XPath directly, just as expression language. The XPath moduel adds XPath 2.0.
John: Are there two versions?
Nick: I can't recall. We decided to recommend XPath 2.0 but say 1.0 is available. There are model attributes to request an engine.
John: Where's the wiki page for that?
Nick: It's not in the wikispec. It's in XML still. Steven did the import and we did one but haven't converted this one.
John: Can you convert it?
Nick: I'm not sure. It's in specxml.
John: If I wanted to do the work on match/replace where do I do it?
Nick: For now it is specxml in our CVS repo.
John: Is there a link?
... There is an ant task to generate the spec. It generates a link to the previous version.
Leigh: Is XPath 1.0 a separate module TBD or is it part of this?
Nick: It's part of this.
Leigh: OK so this is what John would edit.
<scribe> ACTION: John Boyer to edit http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.2/modules/xpath20/index-all.html to add in http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Regex_pattern_and_replace_functions for XPath 1.0 functions [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/08/17-forms-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-1813 - Boyer to edit http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.2/modules/xpath20/index-all.html to add in http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Regex_pattern_and_replace_functions for XPath 1.0 functions [on John Boyer - due 2011-08-24].
John: Does it go in the XForms namespace? We decided that.
Nick: It's complicated for users.
John: What about XPath 2.0? It will be in the XForms namespace but for XPath 1.0 add to default?
<scribe> ACTION: John Boyer to write wikispec for http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Model-based_switching_with_switch [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/08/17-forms-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-1814 - Boyer to write wikispec for http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Model-based_switching_with_switch [on John Boyer - due 2011-08-24].
John: Are there things on this list already done in the spec? Can we mark them? For example for MIPS. We already implemented this.
John: This was crucial to integrate with IBM Case Manager because the binds are injected into forms with authored binds.
Nick: It's not there yet.
... We restructured but and factored out XPath.
John: I'm highly interested. Once we do it we should mark it.
Nick: I put a link to to the draft spec in XPath_2.0.
Leigh: SO yes, we need to deal with the XForms12 to XForms20 rename. And I created XForms20Migrated to put onto things that are moved out of those pages and into the spec.
John: XForms20Migrated means quit messing with that wiki page.
Nick: I added XForms20Migrated to node creation functions.
John: We can continue this process next week.
John: We had a patent issued in July for extended way of dealing with DSIG over XForms-based documents. A Document that contains an XForm, and the Document goes through several stages where different parts are signed, we have an extension mechanism that talks about better protecting partially signed content. I don't see this in the spec but want to mention it as something notable we're doing.
Philip: The Transformation stuff hasn't been mentioned.
Leigh: I see it's written up in http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Transform and it has the Transform Function Module.
Philip: There was a way of describing a transformation as we do a submission.
Leigh: Which do you think we should pursue, or both?
Philip: We need a way of describing a transformation and a way of invoking one, either function or action. We need a more fully-featured way of describing a transformation. We need both.
Leigh: Is there a wiki page for
... The_XForms_Transform_Function_Module just describes the function, not the action?
Nick: It's before the last discussion.
Philip: I'll send out email about the transform definition.
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136 of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/impleemnt/implement/ Succeeded: s/authored/forms with authored/ Succeeded: s/eyt/yet/ Found Scribe: klotz Inferring ScribeNick: klotz Default Present: +44.782.483.aaaa, Leigh_Klotz, John_Boyer, Nick_van_den_Bleeken, pfennell, alain Present: +44.782.483.aaaa Leigh_Klotz John_Boyer Nick_van_den_Bleeken pfennell alain WARNING: No meeting chair found! You should specify the meeting chair like this: <dbooth> Chair: dbooth Found Date: 17 Aug 2011 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/08/17-forms-minutes.html People with action items: boyer john[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]