HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

27 Jul 2011

See also: IRC log


Janina_Sajka, janina


<trackbot> Date: 27 July 2011

<janina> Meeting: HTML-A11Y telecon

<janina> Scribe: Janina_Sajka

<janina> agenda: this

<silvia> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Meeting: HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

<trackbot> Date: 27 July 2011

Proposed LC Bugs http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Jul/0114.html

<janina> general discussion to accept Geoff's refinements as amended by Silvia

<janina> JF will file bugs, each individually

<janina> Silvia will file our bug relating to making audio accessible. Basically, recast it as video in order to take advantage of the provided view port for captions and/or sign translation.

<janina> Now discussion of placement of text overlays

<janina> We'll change "over" to "overlay" in the email comments

<janina> Display should "overlay" the video

<janina> jf: Are there other bugs we're aware need filing?

<janina> janina: Not yet, unless from our open issues re navigation and poster

<janina> janina: We do have one more week, and could even meet again next week should anything emerge.

<janina> fo: Believe Sean has an example he sent out sometime ago, with several levels that can be used, forward and back

<janina> sp: This was put in a bug with ref to the email

<janina> sp: IAccessible2 has decided to do extended text descriptions as ARIA-LiveRegion

<janina> jf: Is live regions covered by all the APIs we need?

<janina> janina: Yes, because the APIs are supporting ARIA; UIAutomation, IAccessible2, ATK/AT-SPI, and Mac

<janina> SP: Think we don't need to schedule telecons unless issues come up

<janina> jf: Agree

<janina> janina: agree

<janina> jf: Notes that we do need to track the progress of our bugs

<janina> janina: Noting that PF is moving to create a W3C notes from our Media User Requirements

<janina> janina: short uri will end " media-a11y-reqs" for the time being, at least

<janina> SP and FO noting that other W3C work is forming where we have a11y concerns, but that this effort is pretty well done

<janina> Discussion in favor of a W3C Web VTT spec

<janina> sp: Noting an Open Video conference in NYC in September

<JF> http://openvideoconference.org/

<janina> sp: openvideoconference.org i think

<janina> janina: Noting this is a week ahead of the W3C TV and Web conference in Hollywood

<janina> scribe: janina

discussion of drm and extensibility mechanisms

janina: Notes that DAISY solved DRM, where needed, by relying on ODRL
... ODRL is public/private key
... It's fully open and based on W3C
... I bleieve it's also used in the U.S. for K-12 textbooks
... Used at BookShare.org

adjourning media

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/07/27 22:26:03 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: Janina_Sajka
Found Scribe: janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina
Scribes: Janina_Sajka, janina

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: MichaelC SP davidb fo frankolivier html-a11y inserted janina jf joined left silvia tm trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Found Date: 27 Jul 2011
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/07/27-html-a11y-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]