IRC log of wai-wcag on 2011-06-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:04:51 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:51 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-wai-wcag-irc
20:04:53 [Loretta]
Michael, are you here?
20:04:53 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:04:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:55 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:04:55 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM already started
20:04:56 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
20:04:57 [trackbot]
Date: 30 June 2011
20:04:59 [Zakim]
+John_Kirkwood
20:05:00 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:15 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
20:05:41 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P8 is John_Kirkwood
20:05:41 [Zakim]
+John_Kirkwood; got it
20:05:47 [marcjohlic]
marcjohlic has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:50 [Zakim]
+Marc_Johlic
20:06:25 [MichaelC]
zakim, John_Kirkwood is Adam_Solomon
20:06:25 [Zakim]
+Adam_Solomon; got it
20:06:44 [MichaelC]
zakim, Adam is temp
20:06:44 [Zakim]
+temp; got it
20:06:53 [MichaelC]
zakim, John is Adam_Solomon
20:06:53 [Zakim]
+Adam_Solomon; got it
20:06:59 [MichaelC]
zakim, temp is John_Kirkwood
20:06:59 [Zakim]
+John_Kirkwood; got it
20:09:16 [MichaelC]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/
20:10:06 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2011AprJun/0196.html
20:10:09 [MichaelC]
scribe: MichaelC
20:10:37 [MichaelC]
topic: Announcements
20:10:53 [MichaelC]
No public comments yet, but a few techniques submitted through technique form
20:11:01 [MichaelC]
if you're a WG member, please add directly to wiki
20:12:04 [MichaelC]
topic:Sufficient CSS Technique for SC 2.4.6: Using an invisible header text in the sidebar navigation
20:12:07 [MichaelC]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20010623misc/results#xnavhead
20:29:46 [Zakim]
+ +1.301.774.aabb
20:30:16 [MichaelC]
zakim, aabb is Tim_Boland
20:30:16 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland; got it
20:30:57 [MichaelC]
RESOLUTION: work on CSS advisory technique for off-screen positioning on the back burner
20:31:42 [MichaelC]
action: nurthen to document technique starting from http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Techniques/CSS/Using_an_invisible_header_text_in_the_sidebar_navigation, using comments in http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20010623misc/results#xnavhead
20:31:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-131 - Document technique starting from http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Techniques/CSS/Using_an_invisible_header_text_in_the_sidebar_navigation, using comments in http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20010623misc/results#xnavhead [on James Nurthen - due 2011-07-07].
20:32:00 [MichaelC]
action-131: suggest attach to 1.3.1 and 4.1.2
20:32:01 [trackbot]
ACTION-131 Document technique starting from http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Techniques/CSS/Using_an_invisible_header_text_in_the_sidebar_navigation, using comments in http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20010623misc/results#xnavhead notes added
20:33:15 [Loretta]
James asks all who use hidden text to send him your code.
20:33:22 [MichaelC]
everyone please send send James relevant examples
20:33:23 [Loretta]
James, see also C7.
20:35:29 [MichaelC]
topic: Sufficient HTML Technique for SC 2.4.2: H1 elements should be used for titling the web site and subpage information of a HTML/xhtml based web resource
20:35:32 [MichaelC]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20010623misc/results#xpagetitl
20:39:43 [MichaelC]
action: Loretta to draft response to http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Techniques/HTML/H1_elements_should_be_used_for_titling_the_web_site_and_subpage_information_of_a_HTML/xhtml_based_web_resource using input from http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20010623misc/results#xpagetitl
20:39:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-132 - Draft response to http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Techniques/HTML/H1_elements_should_be_used_for_titling_the_web_site_and_subpage_information_of_a_HTML/xhtml_based_web_resource using input from http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20010623misc/results#xpagetitl [on Loretta Guarino Reid - due 2011-07-07].
20:40:29 [MichaelC]
action-132: essentially rejecting the technique, using rationale from survey
20:40:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-132 Draft response to http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Techniques/HTML/H1_elements_should_be_used_for_titling_the_web_site_and_subpage_information_of_a_HTML/xhtml_based_web_resource using input from http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20010623misc/results#xpagetitl notes added
20:43:18 [MichaelC]
action: cooper to write documentation for w3c comment tool
20:43:19 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-133 - Write documentation for w3c comment tool [on Michael Cooper - due 2011-07-07].
20:43:31 [MichaelC]
action: cooper to explore generalizing PF comment tool for WCAG use
20:43:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-134 - Explore generalizing PF comment tool for WCAG use [on Michael Cooper - due 2011-07-07].
20:44:12 [MichaelC]
topic: Externally Submitted Techniques
20:44:14 [MichaelC]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20010623misc/results#xexttechs
20:49:27 [MichaelC]
action: cooper to draft a "how to write a good WCAG technique" document
20:49:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-135 - Draft a "how to write a good WCAG technique" document [on Michael Cooper - due 2011-07-07].
20:49:35 [MichaelC]
action-135: see input from http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20010623misc/results#xexttechs
20:49:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-135 Draft a "how to write a good WCAG technique" document notes added
20:50:09 [MichaelC]
action-135: solicit input from recent technique writers: Wolf, Mary, Andrew, Hans...
20:50:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-135 Draft a "how to write a good WCAG technique" document notes added
20:52:33 [MichaelC]
action-135: use Marc as a beta tester
20:52:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-135 Draft a "how to write a good WCAG technique" document notes added
21:05:25 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:07:20 [Zakim]
-John_Kirkwood
21:07:23 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:07:24 [Zakim]
-James_Nurthen
21:07:25 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:07:26 [Zakim]
-Marc_Johlic
21:07:28 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
21:07:32 [Zakim]
-Adam_Solomon
21:07:33 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
21:07:35 [Zakim]
Attendees were James_Nurthen, Bruce_Bailey, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, +1.646.339.aaaa, Michael_Cooper, Marc_Johlic, Adam_Solomon, John_Kirkwood, +1.301.774.aabb, Tim_Boland
21:12:39 [jamesn]
jamesn has left #wai-wcag
21:13:07 [MichaelC]
chair: Lorettta_Guarino_Reid
21:13:10 [MichaelC]
scribeOptions: -final
21:13:21 [MichaelC]
trackbot, end meeting
21:13:21 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
21:13:21 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
21:13:22 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
21:13:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-wai-wcag-minutes.html trackbot
21:13:23 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
21:13:23 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
21:13:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: nurthen to document technique starting from http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Techniques/CSS/Using_an_invisible_header_text_in_the_sidebar_navigation, using comments in http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20010623misc/results#xnavhead [1]
21:13:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-wai-wcag-irc#T20-31-42
21:13:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to draft response to http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Techniques/HTML/H1_elements_should_be_used_for_titling_the_web_site_and_subpage_information_of_a_HTML/xhtml_based_web_resource using input from http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20010623misc/results#xpagetitl [2]
21:13:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-wai-wcag-irc#T20-39-43
21:13:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cooper to write documentation for w3c comment tool [3]
21:13:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-wai-wcag-irc#T20-43-18
21:13:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cooper to explore generalizing PF comment tool for WCAG use [4]
21:13:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-wai-wcag-irc#T20-43-31
21:13:23 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cooper to draft a "how to write a good WCAG technique" document [5]
21:13:23 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/06/30-wai-wcag-irc#T20-49-27