HTML Weekly Teleconference

09 Jun 2011


See also: IRC log


Cynthia_Shelly, Sam, Julian, Radhika_Roy, Plh, krisk, paulc, eliot


Action items

<trackbot> ACTION-203 -- Steve Faulkner to develop a usable LC comment form -- due 2011-06-09 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/203

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-203: Develop a usable LC comment form - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

Sam: there are people working on this, with Mike and Steve
... recommendation is to close the item since we don't have a firm date
... any objection?

<trackbot> ACTION-203 Develop a usable LC comment form closed

New issues

Sam: none

Items closed last week

Sam: none

Items closing this week

Sam: none

Items closing next week

Sam: we have a call for Consensus: publish HTML5 Edition for Web Authors as a FPWD
... we have some objections that we need to work through

New call this week

Sam: issue-151

<trackbot> ISSUE-151 -- Remove WhatWG and html5.org references in status section of document -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/151

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-151: Remove WhatWG and html5.org references in status section of document - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

sam: this closes by July 8
... we already received one additional proposal
... issue -165

<trackbot> ISSUE-165 -- Drop rel=pingback -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/165

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-165: Drop rel=pingback - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

sam: this closes by July 8 as well
... and finally the call for consensus previously discussed
... questions? comments?

[none heard]

new survey this week

Sam: none

Decisions this week

Sam: none

Testing Task Force report

Kris: met last week as planned.

<krisk> Notes -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2011Jun/0012.html

<pimpbot> Title: RE: HTML Testing Task Force Conf Call Agenda 5/31/2011 from Kris Krueger on 2011-06-09 (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

Kris: don't have new bugs on tests
... also discussion on release of test suite. using a branch or tag. we'll use tags
... we also approved the reflection tests
... from Aryeh

<krisk> http://w3c-test.org/html/tests/submission/AryehGregor/reflection/reflection-metadata.html

<pimpbot> Title: HTML5 reflection tests: metadata elements (at w3c-test.org)

Kris: also some discussion on infrastructure stuff but not related to the html wg specifically

sam: questions?

[none heard]

Accessibility Task Force report

Janina: lots of efforts to organize a very thorough read of HTML5 LC
... reaching beyond our immediate circle of individuals
... putting a bit of effort into organizing that
... we have a wiki page on it
... we'll collect comments
... the canvas group is on hold while Rich is on vacation. back next week
... media group very active
... making progress on a few last issues
... how to handle any kind of text based video descriptions
... involved text-to-speech interfaces
... video descriptions go in the section of the video with no dialog, along may need to pause/resume the video
... not sure about the impact on the spec
... looks it will affect the API
... other areas
... hierarchical navigation
... discussed the 3GPP request
... they're requesting URN
... we'd like a consistent way of referring to those things
... seems like w3c doesn't do urns
... some action items from yesterday on that front

sam: questions? comments?

[none heard]

other business

Sam: we had a revert request, which has been applied

<rubys> http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=6200&to=6201

Sam: for r6145

<pimpbot> Title: HTML5 Tracker (at html5.org)

scribe for next meeting

Paul: who's chairing?

Sam: I believe it will be Maciej's turn to chair

Paul: I'll volunteer to scribe


[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/06/09 16:20:07 $