See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 18 May 2011
<fjh> s/zakim, i ??s me//
<fjh> Revised minutes for approval, link: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/att-0006/minutes-2011-05-11.html
<scribe> scribeNick: nwidell
<fjh> 19-21 July F2F logistics, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2011Apr/0000.html
<fjh> Please register - http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/paris-2011/
fjh: Remember to register for F2F
<fjh> TAG minimization draft, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0004.html
<fjh> feedback requested
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 11 May 2011 are approved
<fjh> Under AC Review, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0005.html
fjh: Charter is under AC review, there don't seem to be much discussion though.
dom: It is good if WG participants ensure that their AC reps comment/vote on charter
fjh: What is current status?
richt: Not much progress lately,
but can go to last call at any point.
... implementation is more worrisome
fjh: Is there additional editing necessary?
<trackbot> ISSUE-110 -- Contacts API needs to integrate HTML Event Loop -- open
richt: Spec is publishable, not worried about time
fjh: So we should go ahead and publish and handle comments as they come in?
darobin: Isn't event loop issue partially resolved?
<dom> "Reuse text from getUserMedia, it probably makes sense." http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/271
<dom> so, I guess we should close ISSUE-110 and go to LC
<dom> ISSUE-110: implemented in http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2009/dap/contacts/Overview.html.diff?r1=1.87;r2=1.88;f=h
<trackbot> ISSUE-110 Contacts API needs to integrate HTML Event Loop notes added
darobin: The part that remains that is not LC ready is the search part of the spec
<dom> close ISSUE-110
<trackbot> ISSUE-110 Contacts API needs to integrate HTML Event Loop closed
richt: Yes, search is outstanding. Time frame?
dom: LC is good, will give more incentive for implementers
richt: Using existing snapshots of draft can go to LC soon
<dom> -1 on intermediary draft; but I'd like the search stuff to be fixed before going to LC
<dom> I can take a stab at fixing search if that's what it takes to start a cfc to LC
richt: things on ToDo list: Microdata, Searching, Event Loop
<dom> I think Microdata isn't a blocker for LC; I think Event Loop is solved enough for my taste for LC; so I would think only search is standing on the way to LC
<dom> I can take an action to fix Search, but I would rather avoid a one-week delay before starting CfC
<darobin> "Do Or Do Not, There Is No Try"
<richt> that would be welcome dom.
<dom> ACTION: Dom to fix Search in Contacts and ping chairs to start Contacts LC CfC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/05/18-dap-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-394 - Fix Search in Contacts and ping chairs to start Contacts LC CfC [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2011-05-25].
richt: Search is only big block,
darobin: possible to wrap search up tomorrow and issue 13 day CfC?
<darobin> proposed RESOLUTION: Dom fixes before tomorrow, and we have a CfC ending on the call after next
<fjh> CfC ends by 8 June
<darobin> proposed RESOLUTION: Dom fixes before 19 May and we have a CfC ending on 08 June
<fjh> gives at least a month for review before F2F
<richt> sounds good.
RESOLUTION: Dom fixes before 19 May and we have a CfC ending on 08 June
fjh: Feature Permissions, not much progress yet
darobin: SysInfo, not sure what
to do about it, not much momentum at the moment, should
... perhaps to extract to simpler specs
... Battery, updates would nice, but should be able to make LC fairly soon
<dom> (I think we should do a bit more than report "no progres", but try to get input from editors as to why there is no progress)
fjh: Good to have Battery in better state before new charter
<trackbot> ACTION-377 -- Robin Berjon to bring a Capabilities Container proposal to the WG -- due 2011-04-06 -- OPEN
dom: More editorial assistance needed for feature permissions spec?
darobin: Battery seems pretty
mature spec-wise, small things outstanding. Please do close
review of spec
... so we can go to LC.
richt: battery, no need to make distinction between charging/battery. level sufficient.
darobin: don't agree, charging or
not is important. Time Remaining is more unreliable, not
... Which distinctions do we need to make (limited/unlimited energy left?)
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to do a thorough review of Battery and send to list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/05/18-dap-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-395 - Do a thorough review of Battery and send to list [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-05-25].
darobin: Network, still
... Calender, what next?
richt: Would be happy to have somebody else to handle more editorial work on Calendar
<darobin> ACTION: Rich to email the group looking for editors for Calendar [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/05/18-dap-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Rich
<fjh> ACTION: Richt to email the group looking for editors for Calendar [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/05/18-dap-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-396 - Email the group looking for editors for Calendar [on Richard Tibbett - due 2011-05-25].
darobin: Capture, dom had outstanding actions to reply to HTML WG.
dom: Replied to HTML WG, feedback from Hixie was that existing implementation uses MIME type parameter
dom: also should be part of HTML instead
darobin: Too late to get it into HTML5 spec
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to coordinate with HTML WG chairs about Capture, include the HCG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/05/18-dap-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-397 - Coordinate with HTML WG chairs about Capture, include the HCG [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-05-25].
dom: DAP Chair to coordinate with HTML Chairs
darobin: Messaging, some updates have been made to spec
dom: Feature-wise spec is ready,
new API shape had some negative feedback - so which way
... would be very good with some implementation, but don't seem to be much activity at the moment.
darobin: Not very high priority,
but would be good to review spec, fix minor things (callbacks,
... we can take it slowly
<darobin> ACTION: Robin to review Messaging and send feedback to the list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/05/18-dap-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-398 - Review Messaging and send feedback to the list [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-05-25].
fjh: nothing to report
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136 of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) FAILED: s/zakim, i ??s me// Succeeded: s/group members please make sure AC reps complete survey and that participants join the group// Found ScribeNick: nwidell Inferring Scribes: nwidell Present: Robin_Berjon Frederick_Hirsch Niklas_Widell Kyung-Tak_Lee Wonsuk_Lee Regrets: Suresh_Chitturi Anssi_Kostiainen John_Morris Dzung_Tran Cecile_Marc Jerome_Giraud Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0007.html Found Date: 18 May 2011 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/05/18-dap-minutes.html People with action items: dom rich richt robin[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]