See also: IRC log
<joakim> I can't chair, but I didn't say I couldn't call in :-)
<mcsuarez> hi... i'm trying to connect to the phone call but I'm having problems...
<scribe> scribe: pchampin
<joakim> I'm attending a parallell meeting, so I can only listen
ACTION-360: still pending
<trackbot> ACTION-360 Provide an example of an automatic test routine (before x-mas break) notes added
<joakim> No response from Apple yet!
ACTION-405: Thierry will do it today or tomorrow
<trackbot> ACTION-405 Send the WebIDL document link (going for recommendation) to Florian when available notes added
<joakim> No response from Apple yet!'
<joakim> leave open
ACTION-406: leave open as Apple has not responded yet
<trackbot> ACTION-406 Ping Apple if they could make an async implementation (e.g., as Safari extension) notes added
Werner: the issue was to clarify the documents, following a mail by myself
Thierry: ok, it was discussed when I was away; I'll do that soon
ACTION-410: werner has sent a mail to the HTML5 WG
<trackbot> ACTION-410 Make a propsoal for a response to the html5 folks notes added
<trackbot> ACTION-410 Make a propsoal for a response to the html5 folks closed
<mcsuarez> hi... now i'm also in the phone.
<tmichel> Mari-Carmen do you have news from Apple Gather the metadata files from Apple
<mcsuarez> with respect to te action 410 I will write apple people again...
ACTION-412: not done yet
<trackbot> ACTION-412 Write a proposal explaining how/when to use incomplete dates notes added
<tmichel> Action 411 ...
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 411
Thierry: the response from MAWG has been sent to the HTML WG
<scribe> scribe: pchampin
<joakim> Wener, that's correct!
Thierry: did that message go
through to the HTML WG?
... as there was some permission issues?
Florian: I have not seen it in the archive
Werner: the original mail from Joachim made it to the HTML WG
Joakim: yes, I sent Florian's proposal to the HTML WG; we had responses from Danny and Silvia
<joakim> Silvia send a message inline to the agenda,
Joakim: Silvia suggested to send one or two compelling use cases
Thierry: should we spend more time on this?
<joakim> But we colud formalize two compelling use cases!
Florian: my opinion is to follow Silvia's proposal
Thierry: do we have such UCs in our UCs document?
Werner: I'm not sure the UC doc is at the right granularity, compared to what Danny was talking about
<joakim> i have it too
Thierry: any volunteer to propose some wording for the use cases?
<joakim> we could discuss them now
we could nonetheless start from what is already in http://www.w3.org/TR/media-annot-reqs/
and identify which ones can be made more "browerish"
Florian: difficult, as we don't really know what is required from us
Joakim: all the more that we invited them, but they wouldn't come
Thierry: how about Silvia? She is part of both groups.
Joakim: we could ask her what she
thinks are the two most important use-cases/requirements
... having the HTML people to explain their need, we can then see what in out proposal addresses/can address them
Thierry: +1 from me, what about the others?
action Thierry to write an email to Silvia, cc the HTML WG to ask more details about their concerns
<trackbot> Created ACTION-413 - Write an email to Silvia, cc the HTML WG to ask more details about their concerns [on Thierry Michel - due 2011-05-10].
<joakim> make her explain their needs for accessing metadata
Thierry: we have more and more
... but some of them are still missing,
... and the deadline is end of may
<joakim> I have reminded Tobias, and he said that he will respect the deadline
action Thierry to send a reminder about the missing metadata format files
<trackbot> Created ACTION-414 - Send a reminder about the missing metadata format files [on Thierry Michel - due 2011-05-10].
Thierry: the ontology document
has been in LC for enough time
... we have had no feedback
... we are ready to go to CR
... we have to state our exact criteria for CR
... At the F2F in Lyon, we decided to provide test cases as XML and RDF documents.
... Do we have more updates to do to the document?
werner: nothing except Thierry's action
pchampin: and mine
Thierry: those can be coordinated
... so everyone should have a careful review of the document before we move to CR
<joakim> Candidate Recommendation
action Thierry to draft exit criteria for CR
<trackbot> Created ACTION-415 - Draft exit criteria for CR [on Thierry Michel - due 2011-05-10].
Thierry: what is the status of the document?
Florian: we are still in ongoing discussion about Silvia's remarks
Florian: the proposal in my mail
above is to have two sub-interfaces of MediaAnnotation: simple
... This would not require too much editing.
Werner: I'm not sure we should
add it in the API, but as an example section ;
... the simple API (attribute-value pairs) advocated by the HTML WG could be implemented on top of the current proposal
... as we are not even sure that the changed proposed by Florian will please the HTML WG.
<joakim> I agree
pchampin: how would one decide to get simple or detailed information?
<joakim> Let's stay on our path and finish the API.
Florian: we have send this e-mail, and they didn't respond in a way we can know what we want.
<joakim> As JP said HTML5 won't be ready until a couple of years
pchampin: a attribute-value pair
JS implementation could be built on top of a web-service
implementing our own API
... so I don't think it is a good idea to change our API now.
Thierry: if the HTML WG is really concerned, they should respond during our LC
<stegmai> +1 @ Thierry
<joakim> we can wait for her respons
<stegmai> i think so, too
Thierry: Let's wait to see if Silvia answers to our e-mail. Then we can make a resolution.
Thierry: the next face-to-face in
planned in Sofia (France)
... on the 28 and 29th of june
... any objection on the place and dates?
... If none, I'll do the registration.
<joakim> thanks, see you next week
<tmichel> n> rrsagent, make minutes public
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/PR/CR/g Succeeded: s/0/I/ Succeeded: s/O/I/ Found Scribe: pchampin Inferring ScribeNick: pchampin Found Scribe: pchampin Inferring ScribeNick: pchampin Default Present: joakim, wbailer, pchampin, stegmai, +49.133.6.aaaa, +220.127.116.11.aabb Present: joakim wbailer pchampin stegmai +49.133.6.aaaa +18.104.22.168.aabb WARNING: No meeting title found! You should specify the meeting title like this: <dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting WARNING: No meeting chair found! You should specify the meeting chair like this: <dbooth> Chair: dbooth Got date from IRC log name: 03 May 2011 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/05/03-mediaann-minutes.html People with action items:[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]