HTML Weekly Teleconference

21 Apr 2011


See also: IRC log


Sam, Julian, hober, paulc, MikeSmith, [Microsoft], adrianba, +1.971.998.aaaa, +, dpenkler, Radhika_Roy, Cynthia_Shelly, eliot


<trackbot> Date: 21 April 2011

<scribe> scribe: MikeSmith

<pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-04-21: New Issue, ISSUE-152, Decisions, Issue Status, Plans from Sam Ruby on 2011-04-20 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from April to June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

ACTION items due by Thursday, April 21

rubys: none

New Issues This Week


<trackbot> ISSUE-164 -- remove or modify hgroup -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164

rubys: we are treating this as a LC issue

Items Closed Last Week

rubys: none

Items Closing This Week


<trackbot> ISSUE-152 -- Handling of additional tracks of a multitrack audio/video resource -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152

rubys: counter-proposals due April 22
... anybody on the call want to discuss this issue?

Items Closing Next Week

rubys: none

New Calls this week

rubys: none

New Surveys this week

rubys: none

Decisions this week


<trackbot> ISSUE-31 -- Author conformance requirements for the alt attribute on images -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0451.html


<trackbot> ISSUE-80 -- document conformance and device dependent display of title attribute content -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/80

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0452.html

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0453.html

rubys: these have generated a fair of discussion

… anybody on the call want to discuss these?

Other Business

<rubys> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/new-information-status.html

rubys: created that new web page

… to encourage people to work together and come up with unified change proposals

<rubys> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/formal-objection-status.html#ISSUE-031

rubys: in addition to that page we also have the above

… for tracking formal objections

… and we have received two FOs on issue 31

… but my opinion is that they are unlikely to receive serious consideration in their current form

rubys: any questions or comments on those?

Upcoming plans

<rubys> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html

rubys: I have been trying to keep a record on the Issue Status page of the commits that the editors have made

… if people can co back and verify those, we would appreciate it

rubys: Apr 28 - May 4: Survey on HTML5 license

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0757.html

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0263.html

rubys: please review editor's commits by May 8

adrianba: are we going to have time to discuss what the survey will look like?

… can the chairs provide a description of what it will look like?

rubys: yeah, I will see what we can do for that
... May 15 - May 17: Advisory Committee Meeting (
... HTML.next is one of the topics tehre
... any other Other Business

scribe for next meeting?

paulc: I volunteer to either chair or scribe

<adrianba> Regrets for next week - I'll be attending the W3C Privacy workshop

rubys: adjourned

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/04/21 16:24:53 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: MikeSmith
Inferring ScribeNick: MikeSmith
Default Present: Sam, Julian, hober, paulc, MikeSmith, [Microsoft], adrianba, +1.971.998.aaaa, +, dpenkler, Radhika_Roy, Cynthia_Shelly, eliot
Present: Sam Julian hober paulc MikeSmith [Microsoft] adrianba +1.971.998.aaaa + dpenkler Radhika_Roy Cynthia_Shelly eliot
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011AprJun/0003.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 21 Apr 2011
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/04/21-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]