HTML Weekly Teleconference

14 Apr 2011


See also: IRC log


Sam, Plh, adrianba, krisk, hober, Julian, MikeSmith, Cynthia_Shelly, [Microsoft], eliot, Rich, Radhika_Roy, janina
Maciej Stachowiak


<trackbot> Date: 14 April 2011

<scribe> scribenick: rubys

<paulc> paulc is on Zakim but CANNOT join by phone

If Maciej doesn't show up by 10 after, I'll chair and ask Mike Smith to scribe...

<MikeSmith> scribe: MikeSmith

<rubys> agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011AprJun/0002.html

ACTION items due by Thursday, April 14

plh: one of is mine

<rubys> action-193?

<trackbot> ACTION-193 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to and co-chairs to investigate how to handle standardization of websrt -- due 2011-04-14 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/193

plh: making progress, very likely we will discussion at the AC meeting -- at the request of the AB

… propose to move to May 26

rubys: no objections

<rubys> action-193 due may 26

<trackbot> ACTION-193 And co-chairs to investigate how to handle standardization of websrt due date now may 26

plh: we have a request from SMPTE related to this

New issues this week

rubys: none

Items closed last week

rubys: none

Items closing this week

rubys: none

Items closing next week


<trackbot> ISSUE-152 -- Handling of additional tracks of a multitrack audio/video resource -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152

rubys: we are asking people to revise their proposals by April 22

… hopefully to reduce the number of proposals

janina: it looks like we can retract some of the proposals which were submitted by member of the Media subteam

… while we like Hixie's proposal overall, we have some proposed edits to it

rubys: converging on a single proposal?

janina: yes, proposal #4

New calls this week

rubys: none

New surveys this week

rubys: none

Decisions this week


<trackbot> ISSUE-32 -- how to provide a summary of a table, e.g. for unsighted navigation? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/32

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0091.html


<trackbot> ISSUE-27 -- @rel value ownership, registry consideration -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/27

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0204.html


<trackbot> ISSUE-144 -- <u> should be conforming -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/144

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0212.html


<trackbot> ISSUE-147 -- playbackrate: undefined behavior when the user agent can't play back at the requested rate -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/147

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0213.html


<trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0271.html

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/129

<richardschwerdtfe> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0394.html

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0394.html

janina: broader concern in the a11y TF that we left people who use magnification out

<richardschwerdtfe> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0394.html


<trackbot> ISSUE-155 -- make <table border="1" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0"> conforming -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/155

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0377.html

Testing TF report

krisk: we met on April 5

<krisk> Here are the meeting notes http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2011Apr/0009.html

s/ISSUE-149 -- Use markup compatible with both HTML/XML syntax in examples -- closed//

krisk: Ms2ger fixed a number of canvas (test) bugs
... we are are looking for some feedback on attribute reflection tests
... Mozilla submitted a couple onerror tests
... we meet again on April 19

a11y TF

janina: we are having two telcons each week to discuss HTML media

… making good progress on issue 152

… some other things have popped up

… related to WebSRT/WebVTT

… which got removed from the HTML5 spec at a11y TF request

… but some other useful spec text got removed in the process

… and we would like to see that text restored

… Sean Hayes will be providing details on that

janina: about the summary attribute on the table element, there has been some consternation in the TF

… and we have formed a new subteam to discuss that

Other business

rubys: first item is FPWD of a11y API guide

it's now up http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-html-aapi-20110414/

MikeSmith: should be published and announced today

Request to re-open issue 120 (RDFa prefixes)

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0227.html

rubys: we have not decided to re-open it yet, but there is good discussion going on the mailing list

Proposal from Mozilla for new spec license

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0263.html

Proposed resolution for issue 129


<trackbot> ISSUE-129 -- replace or modify the ARIA section of the HTML5 spec -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/129

rubys: hopefully will be able to close that shortly
... any other business anybody would like to bring up?

[hearing none]

Scribe for next meeting?

[no volunteers]

rubys: adjourned