See also: IRC log
<gerardc> test post
<harry> \me it works gerard
<gerardc> cheers harry
<evanpro> I'm here
<harry> scribe: AlexPassant
<harry> Roll-call: drenfer, harry, cdent, Bjorn_Bringert, claudio, +30210772aadd, AlexPassant, +81.15.622.aaee, evanpro, ??P8
evanpro: number of actions items
proposed from last meeting
... like to check their status
... where we go next
... 1st action item
... work on additional set of use-cases
<harry> ACTION: ciberch and evan to then revamp wiki and go over SWAT0 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/08-federated-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - ciberch
evanpro: move to SWAT1 test
<evanpro> http://federatedsocialweb.net/wiki/SWAT1_use_cases <-- SWAT1
evanpro: very narrow
... posted on the old wiki
... would like to invite participation
... to collect some more use-cases
<wasvel> +39.335.611.aagg is wavel
evanpro: go for a set of
... conversation last week : what would be SWAT1
<harry> I'll add something to social search right now
evanpro: describing what the FSW
... leave SWAT1 on FSW wiki
harry: check what people think about it
evanpro: capture UC that come up with ostatus and other systems
<jeffsayre> What is passcode. Zakim tells me that FSWXG it is not valid.
evanpro: to see how to go beyond SWAT0
evanpro: 1) distribution of
... simple UC
... user upload private photos and friends are notified
... non-friends are unable to see the photo
... other users can comment and conversation is available to friends
... doents describe privacy setup
... in the spirit of SWAT0
... open-UC implemented with != technologies
... 2) social bookmarking
... user posts a news item
... public distribution
... friends are notified of the news item
... comments and votes allowed on the news items
... distributed to followers in the social network
... social news site some of the most popular systme on the web
... try to reach them
<harry> Remember people - if you join the call
evanpro: 3rd use-case
... group system
<harry> type "Zakim, aahh is mynick"
evanpro: mailing-list, FB groups,
... distributed groups where users can be in different systems
... post a photo to a group, distributed to other members of the group even if from different social networks
... social search
<harry> Is it the "finding your friends" problem?
<jeffsayre> +1.574.277.aahh is jeffsayre
evanpro: discovery of other users
of other ppl, groups, objects on the FSW
... one of the issue that we come up with status.net
... discovery is an initial problem or uptake of the system
... distributed searhc ? hard to make work
... last UC: dataportability
<bblfish> where are these?
evanpro: move data from one
server to another
... present user2user connection
... important portability issue
... complex to implement correctly
<bblfish> where are these published?
harry: one more comment
<bblfish> (just got in late)
harry: about the social search one
harry: problem people have encountered
harry: how do I discover
... webfinger, etc.
... facebook approach
<harry> URIs, WebFinger (emails), and then the other issue First Name Last Name and disambiguate by location
harry: type a name and disambiguate by location
<harry> let me dial back :)
<harry> but the quesiton which, what level of detail should we specify?
evanpro: what kind of social
identifiers would be able to specify
... firstname / lastname
... URI or other machine readable identifier
... people interested in XXX, etc.
... number of search parameters
... can be open
<harry> first name, last name, identifiers
evanpro: social systems exposing
data to spiders, indexers, etc.
... that can provide a unified search experience
<maarten> i also justed joined the audio call
evanpro: implementaion issue
... transitivity or relation between networks
... might be further explained
... e.g. bob is on server 1 and has friends on server 2, 3, etc.
... transitivity of friendship accross servers ?
evanpro: maintaining social
connections accross servers
... are you asking if we maintaining bi-directional friendship
claudio: kind of. should we give
room to understand friendship mechanism
... likely that someone get different accounts on different servers
evanpro: what does identigy mean
if multiple acocunts on multiple servers
... this UC is about "I'm on a server, I move to another one that has the same featres, I want to maintain my social graph w/o interruption"
the UC sounds similar to export->import with FOAF
claudio: wonder how is that
... make sure we're talking about something that can be implemented
evanpro: lots of interesting
... what happen to resources that were on the previous server
... are they redirected ?
... are they 410 ?
<harry> lets detail them out...
evanpro: lots of systems to bring
... lots of systems to bring to SWAT0
bblfish: all my friends my not be
... e.g. moving to a low-security account
... dont want to trust it
... proof of concept that can be done
harry: other action item
... conformance of SWAT0
... should get some metrics
evanpro: great idea
... name the UC
... e.g SWAT1-portability
<evanpro> http://federatedsocialweb.net/wiki/SWAT0_results <-- SWAT0 results
I think SMOB is SWAT-0 compliant as well
scribe: diaspora is compliant
<harry> Add it into the wiki Alex
<drenfer> what about OneSocialWeb?
scribe: but have their own protocol
<evanpro> http://federatedsocialweb.net/wiki/SWAT0_to_test <-- to test
scribe: next step: collecting
more SWAT-0 candidated for the list
... contacting the implementers
... and see the systems come up
<evanpro> bblfish, ?
<evanpro> That's it
scribe: ask developers to put themselves in
<evanpro> bblfish, ?
<harry> drenfer - could you add OneSocialWeb to the wiki, with links to screencast etc.?
bblfish: another use-case:
... without using e-mail
<harry> I think "friending" is part of social search
<evanpro> http://federatedsocialweb.net/wiki/SWAT1_use_cases#Add_a_friend <-- I've captured this here
<drenfer> harry - it appears that they're on the "to test" list, and my implementation isn't SWAT0-ready yet
harry: how to friend ppl without searching for them
bblfish: link in the e-mail to
before doing search, use steps before that
scribe: business card, identifier,etc
<bblfish> ok, shall I send this to the mailing list?
<harry> in fact, ANYONE should send use-cases to the list
evanpro: bi-directional friendship, groups, etc.
<harry> the more we have sent to the list, or just added to the wiki and then notify eveyrone on the list
<harry> would be great
scribe: number of cases to consider as well
<bblfish> unidrectional friending, bidirectional friending, becoming member of groups
<harry> Alex: on SMOB, when we start SMOB and you give us friends
<harry> ... we try to find them by sending them to a search engine like Sindice via sending the attributes
AlexPassant: also mentions hashable for discovering people and their social networks
harry: could check list of
software code bases and e-mail folks
... with people that have been to the original FSW in portland
... to add software
... and talk about the new FSW summit
<harry> or we could brainstorm and try to look them all up, it should be possible re some grokking
evanpro: invitation list is on the wiki
<evanpro> http://federatedsocialweb.net/wiki/FedAll2010/Invitations <-- invitation list for July 2010
<harry> ACTION: harry to contact to ask folks to update the wiki via the invite list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/08-federated-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-2 - Contact to ask folks to update the wiki via the invite list [on Harry Halpin - due 2011-04-15].
<evanpro> ACTION: evan to contact fsw mailing list to ask for other implementation ready for SWAT0 test [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/08-federated-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-3 - Contact fsw mailing list to ask for other implementation ready for SWAT0 test [on Evan Prodromou - due 2011-04-15].
<evanpro> ACTION: evan to contact the fsw mailing list to ask for more use cases for SWAT1 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/08-federated-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-4 - Contact the fsw mailing list to ask for more use cases for SWAT1 [on Evan Prodromou - due 2011-04-15].
evanpro: hope to make swat-1 announcement in June
<MacTed> argh. screwed up my calendaring for this call... hopefully the next one is more quickly settled on
<harry> Jean-Gui is on the call
<harry> Claudio: Peer-to-peer rather than client-server?
<harry> Evan: We are open to all sorts here
<faborl> my laptop crashed
<harry> ... so we are ready to go
<MacTed> w3 folk - can the /topic setting privs be unlocked?
<alex> harry: I'm back, do you want me to re-scribe
<harry> scribe: AlexPassant
claudio: trying to federate the client-server architecture that is already here on the Web ?
evanpro: thinking of a P2P architecture rather than client server
claudio: can I be a peer of the FSW without being subscribed to a server
<harry> the plan of the group is to articulate and answer these questions
evanpro: don't know
... can we have a FSW without x/y
... dont have a definition of the technologies so far
<bblfish> I suppose the idea is to see what we can get to get social networks to be more and more distributed and that works
harry: hopefully in a few months we will answer that
<bblfish> I added the friending on the use cases
<evanpro> MacTed, ?
MacTed: yes, need a server, but
can have a p2p mail server / network
... level of implementation does not matter re. interoperability
evanpro: move on to the FSW Europe
harry: official announcement made
harry: buzz around it
... put an agenda shortly
... draft agenda
... friday : open session
<harry> Friday - we'll have a sort of open session
<harry> Friday is the keynote speaker and panel
harry: friday: keynote speaker
... privacy and policies
<harry> Roundtable: privacy and policy and the social web
harry: (and the social web)
... pirate party member, and implementers
<harry> Amelia whose the pirate party MEP, some economist, some implementers, and Ronald Leenes policy
harry: hopefully an interesting
... saturday move to position papers
... what are the big problems and the standards
... short presentations and debates
... move to technologies and standards
... open space
... coding and discussion
... continue on sunday
... wrap up sunday with another roundtable and keynote
... possibilty via video from wikileaks
... still trying to figure out how to proceed
... a bit complicated, 2 invited speakers, panels
<harry> any ideas?
evanpro: really strong
... like the general flow
... big value on position papers
<bblfish> (The WebID group will be meeting there so we will hope to have a couple of hours a day to meet too)
evanpro: make sure there's anough people in the open space
claudio: like to see more p2p discussion here
harry: p2p as in openspace or as in architecture ?
claudio: adding things on my own
... without having to join a network
<harry> We thought Eben Moglen
<harry> It would be a great position paper
<harry> coming to a close, but WebID folks will be there claudio!
<bblfish> claudio: I think that is very much what this group is about
<bblfish> well I hope
<harry> Friday: Keynote (Ronald Leenes, TimBL)
<harry> Saturday: Position papers + openspace
<harry> Sunday: More openspace
<harry> ACTION: hhalpin to help finalize agenda with jan [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/08-federated-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-5 - Help finalize agenda with jan [on Harry Halpin - due 2011-04-15].
<harry> We could do one in mid-May and one at end of May
<bblfish> ok, I'll generate a bit of action on the list soon
<harry> phone call on event the week.
<cdent> action on the list would be good
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - on
evanpro: phone call the week after next week
<harry> ACTION: hhalpin to set up a separate telecon for federated social web [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/08-federated-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-6 - Set up a separate telecon for federated social web [on Harry Halpin - due 2011-04-15].
<harry> meeting adjourned.
<evanpro> That was good
<evanpro> I need to run to another meeting
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/ntworsk/networks/ Succeeded: s/encounteres/encountered/ Succeeded: s/rather than p2p/rather than client server/ Succeeded: s/position papers/openspace/ Found Scribe: AlexPassant Inferring ScribeNick: AlexPassant Found Scribe: AlexPassant Inferring ScribeNick: AlexPassant WARNING: No "Present: ... " found! Possibly Present: Adam Alex AlexPassant Bjorn_Bringert Claudio Evan Friday Jean-Gui MacTed OpenLink_Software P11 P5 P7 P8 Roll-call Roundtable Saturday Sunday aaaa aabb aacc aaee aaff aagg aahh aaii alepas bblfish cdent drenfer evanpro faborl gerardc gio harry jeffsayre maarten thurston_ trackbot wasvel You can indicate people for the Present list like this: <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary <dbooth> Present+ amy WARNING: No meeting title found! You should specify the meeting title like this: <dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting Got date from IRC log name: 08 Apr 2011 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/04/08-federated-minutes.html People with action items: ciberch evan harry hhalpin[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]