Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group Teleconference

06 Apr 2011


See also: IRC log


Shadi, Rui, Kostas, CarlosI, CarlosV, Christophe, Philip



EARL 1.0 Schema Software Class

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/2011/03/23-er-minutes#item03

<shadi> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2011Apr/0006.html

<shadi> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2011Apr/0009.html

CarlosV: there is an error in the rdf
... class doap version should also be included, doap language, mailing list and platform
... maybe list only some of those

<shadi> http://usefulinc.com/ns/doap

cstrobbe: is there a way to say something like "checked with checker X using software Y"?

CarlosV: Yes (...)

shadi: so far we created our own software class and adopted from other schemas
... lot of properties from doap seems interesting
... for example "download page"
... how do we want to replace the software class?

<Zakim> carlos, you wanted to express his concerns about the Project class meaning

carlos: think we force the doap class to match our needs, project class usually different meaning

shadi: right, doap / project class is broader than software class

carlos: not only broader but a different meaning
... project can fit as test subject but not as assertor
... project is process of defining a software

<shadi> http://trac.usefulinc.com/doap

kvotis: i think we can replace software with the project class

carlos: I don't think any reason to replace the earl software class

shadi: suggestion: make earl software subclass of doap project?

carlos: software class good candidate for project property, it's a result of a project
... but not a subclass

shadi: any other comment?

carlosV: I think we can describe software using the doap project class
... use some key properties and extend it to our needs

shadi: doap stable enough to adopt?

<shadi> Edd Dumbill

<Zakim> cstrobbe, you wanted to ask if a DOAP project can have more than one software?

shadi: contact Edd Dumbill
... for concept of software and how this fit into doap

<shadi> ACTION: shadi to contact Edd Dumbill about plans and thoughts about Software class as part of DOAP vocabulary [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-er-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-119 - Contact Edd Dumbill about plans and thoughts about Software class as part of DOAP vocabulary [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2011-04-13].

Conformance (general)

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/2011/03/23-er-minutes#item04

<shadi> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2011Mar/0007

shadi: move the conformance requirements from the spec?
... where to move?

carlosV: other specs have conformance section, is there a problem having the conformance section in the spec?

<rui> my only concern with this is that if we want to "force" the conformance part, it should be present in a tech rec, not a note

shadi: if they move to somewhere, will this document be on rec track?
... more flexibility when moving it elsewhere
... anybody object to this

carlosV: I would leave it in the schema
... schema is official

shadi: authoritativeness would move from Schema document to EARL Guide

carlosV: title "guide" would be misleading

carlos: problem is the content of the guide

<rui> +1 wrt carlosV

cstrobbe: People might ask: what is the point of taking it out of the Schema if you put it in a REC track document anyway?

shadi: vocabulary definition separated from usage

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/issues#conformance

carlos: everybody remains free of using parts of the vocabulary

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/issues#conformance

<Zakim> cstrobbe, you wanted to ask: So Schema would just describe vocabulary, Guide would define "EARL Reports" -> rename "Guide" to "EARL Reports xxx"?

cstrobbe: rename "Guide" to "EARL Reports xxx"?

shadi: shift the focus of the guide, not only the title
... it is also broader than "reports"

<kvotis> +1 wrt shadi

<rui> maybe "Usage and Conformance for EARL Reports"

shadi: come back to this point?

rui: maybe "Usage and Conformance for EARL Reports"?

HTTP-in-RDF Message Header

<shadi> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2011Mar/0008

shadi: further discussion?

carlosV: vocabulary is more complex, we need to change our implementation

shadi: I think it's an elegant solution
... any objections?
... vote via mailing-list


<shadi> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2011Apr/0001

<carlosV> i need to leave in a min ...

shadi: comments to open issues to end of this week via mailing-list

Upcoming meeting schedule

<shadi> next meeting: Wednesday 13 April 2011

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: shadi to contact Edd Dumbill about plans and thoughts about Software class as part of DOAP vocabulary [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/04/06-er-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/04/06 14:11:42 $