W3C

Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference

16 Feb 2011

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Erik, Davy, Silvia, Philip
Regrets
Raphael, Thomas, Yves
Chair
Erik
Scribe
Erik

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 16 February 2011

<scribe> scribe: Erik

<scribe> ScribeNick: Erik

<foolip> I'll be on IRC

<foolip> but would like to go for lunch soon

<foolip> what does "approve" mean, and what happens if I don't?

ADMIN

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last week telecon: http://www.w3.org/2011/02/02-mediafrag-minutes.html

+1

<davy> +1

<silvia> +1

RESOLUTION: last week's minutes accepted

MEDIA FRAGMENT SPECIFICATION

So Philip, are you happy with the spec now (concerning your issue-19)?

fyi ... ISSUE-19 [Philippe]: Parsing must be defined normatively in the MF spec itself

fyi ... ISSUE-19 [Philippe]: Parsing must be defined normatively in the MF spec itself

<foolip> no, not last I checked

<foolip> let me dig up the mail I sent

<foolip> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Dec/0035.html

<foolip> no reply to that yet and no spec change as far as I'm aware

<foolip> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/19 is still in state OPEN, as it should

OK, chicken vs egg ...

are you happy to commit these 4 patches yourself?

and then the rest of the group has to object within a week ...

if no objections, we go to LCWD, what do you think?

<foolip> I could, but I'm certain that it won't be popular

<foolip> I could perhaps be more moderate and only *add* stuff, leaving in things that I'd personally rather see removed

<foolip> ok, will give it a go

foolip ... no disagreement any more (about e.g. parsing name-value pairs)

foolip ... some patches were already installed, others were omitted ... some patches will add stuff, others will remove stuff

foolip ... but most is editorial stuff, no real issues anymore

<scribe> ACTION: philip to merge the first 3 patches of his mail of 15/12/2010 into the spec [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/16-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-212 - Merge the first 3 patches of his mail of 15/12/2010 into the spec [on Philip J├Ągenstedt - due 2011-02-23].

for the record: if no objections by the rest of the group, Philippe (as the last one of the WG) is happy to move on to LCWG for the 2nd time

HTML5 / WHATWG Liaison

<silvia> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Feb/0002.html

davy ... will comment on Silvia's thread too on mailing list

<silvia> if people could please send their opinions on this, too, that would be appreciated

<silvia> email to the thread

<silvia> then we can decide next week

silvia ... really wants all comments by next week, so she can move forward with this issue to the HTML5 group

all other topics will be handled next week when we have more people on board!

AOB

- Davy and Erik attended Web & TV workshop @ Berlin last week ... most prominent discussions were:

and minutes are to be found : http://www.w3.org/2011/02/08-webtv-minutes.html

and http://www.w3.org/2011/02/09-webtv-minutes.html

scribe: summary of workshop will be available soon.

<davy> W3C Web & TV workshop: lots of discussions regarding HTTP adaptive streaming

<davy> MPEG DASH seems to become the standard for HTTP streaming

<davy> there are still some doubts whether DASH will be royalty free or not

<davy> Also, the integration of MPEG DASH within HTML5 was discussed

<davy> -> related with the Multitrack API

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: philip to merge the first 3 patches of his mail of 15/12/2010 into the spec [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/02/16-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/02/16 11:14:43 $