IRC log of wai-wcag on 2011-01-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:59:53 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:59:53 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/01/13-wai-wcag-irc
20:59:55 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:59:55 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
20:59:57 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:59:57 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 1 minute
20:59:58 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
20:59:58 [trackbot]
Date: 13 January 2011
21:00:21 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has now started
21:00:28 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
21:00:48 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:01:14 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
21:01:30 [MichaelC]
regrets: Gregg_Vanderheiden, James_Nurthen
21:01:39 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2011JanMar/0002.html
21:01:46 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
21:01:48 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:01:59 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft is Wolf_Schmidt
21:01:59 [Zakim]
+Wolf_Schmidt; got it
21:02:13 [adam]
adam has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:43 [Zakim]
+??P7
21:02:56 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:03:19 [Zakim]
+Loretta
21:03:35 [adam]
this is adam i have a problem with mic
21:03:44 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:03:44 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P7 is Adam_Solomon
21:03:45 [Zakim]
+Adam_Solomon; got it
21:04:22 [MichaelC]
zakim, who's on the phone?
21:04:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Michael_Cooper, Wolf_Schmidt, Adam_Solomon, Loretta, Bruce_Bailey
21:06:02 [marcjohlic]
marcjohlic has joined #wai-wcag
21:06:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.727.391.aaaa
21:06:18 [MichaelC]
regrets+ Mary_Utt
21:06:30 [MichaelC]
zakim, aaaa is Marc_Johlic
21:06:31 [Zakim]
+Marc_Johlic; got it
21:07:00 [MichaelC]
regrets+ Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:07:11 [MichaelC]
regrets+ David_MacDonald
21:08:25 [MichaelC]
-> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Scribe_List Scribe List
21:08:32 [marcjohlic]
scribe: marcjohlic
21:09:53 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Advisory Silverlight Technique for SC 1.1.1, 3.3.2: Providing User Instructions With AutomationProperties.HelpText in Silverlight
21:19:34 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as an advisory technique
21:19:47 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
21:21:04 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Sufficient Silverlight Technique for SC 3.1.2: Declaring Discrete Silverlight Objects to Specify Language Parts in the HTML DOM
21:21:15 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as propsed
21:21:32 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Advisory Silverlight Technique for SC 3.1.2: Understanding Language/Culture Properties as Used by Silverlight Applications and Assistive Technologies
21:30:37 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as an advisory technique
21:31:27 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Sufficient Silverlight Technique for SC 4.1.2: Understanding the Accessibility Roles of Silverlight Text Elements
21:38:39 [adam]
is it semantically correct to have simple text marked up as a control?
21:40:37 [adam]
rock and hard place
21:41:49 [adam]
perhaps we could leave out discussion of textblock, or at least minimize its mention as much as possible to make it more of a note
21:43:59 [adam]
or perhaps mentioning the word "controls" in the title to avoid specific mention of all the controls
21:46:05 [Loretta]
zakim who is making noise?
21:46:10 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:50:28 [adam]
"Example 2: All three text containers " - should we leave out?
21:52:21 [adam]
i still am uncomfortable with the title of the eample 2 section
21:53:12 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:54:04 [Loretta]
Adam, can you suggest a better title?
21:54:19 [adam]
never mind - i am ok with it.
21:55:22 [adam]
My only concern is that someone will go straight to example 2
21:55:33 [adam]
and think it is a legitimate element to be used
21:56:37 [adam]
thats fine
21:58:20 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as amended
21:58:44 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Sufficient Silverlight Technique for SC 1.4.5: Using Silverlight Font Properties to Control Text Presentation, and Avoid Images of Text
21:59:52 [adam]
ill look it over for a minute
22:03:48 [adam]
adam has joined #wai-wcag
22:03:51 [adam]
wait
22:03:59 [Loretta]
ok, adam!
22:04:02 [adam]
i think it could be left in...
22:04:16 [adam]
if we enhance the discussion in the description...
22:04:28 [adam]
the reason i think so is because this is adefinite pitfall
22:04:46 [adam]
which is common
22:06:27 [adam]
one sec
22:06:37 [adam]
great
22:07:37 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as amended
22:08:00 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:08:35 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Extend to SC 1.3.2 : Silverlight Technique "Using the Silverlight Default Tab Sequence and Altering Tab Sequences With Properties"
22:12:42 [adam]
the problem of non focusable elements is very important
22:14:21 [adam]
not off the bat - need a little research
22:19:23 [adam]
ok
22:21:23 [adam]
traditionally tab sequence relates to focusable controls, so I agree with Wolf that the issue of non focusable controls is not so relevant to this technique
22:24:15 [marcjohlic]
ACTION ITEM: Loretta & Wolfe to investigate Silverlight failure of including non-focusable content.
22:24:15 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - ITEM
22:25:00 [marcjohlic]
ACTION: Loretta investigate Silverlight failure of including non-focusable content.
22:25:00 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-116 - Investigate Silverlight failure of including non-focusable content. [on Loretta Guarino Reid - due 2011-01-20].
22:25:11 [marcjohlic]
ACTION: Wolfe investigate Silverlight failure of including non-focusable content.
22:25:11 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Wolfe
22:25:46 [marcjohlic]
ACTION: Wolf investigate Silverlight failure of including non-focusable content.
22:25:46 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-117 - Investigate Silverlight failure of including non-focusable content. [on Wolf Schmidt - due 2011-01-20].
22:26:03 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as amended
22:27:08 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Silverlight Technology Notes
22:27:15 [adam]
i'm signing out - good night!
22:27:20 [adam]
adam has left #wai-wcag
22:27:30 [Zakim]
-Adam_Solomon
22:39:29 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as amended
22:48:42 [marcjohlic]
TENTATIVE GOAL: Update the Editor's Draft by end of Feb 2011
22:51:40 [Zakim]
-Wolf_Schmidt
22:51:43 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:51:44 [Zakim]
-Marc_Johlic
22:51:45 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
22:51:52 [Zakim]
-Loretta
22:51:53 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
22:51:54 [Zakim]
Attendees were Michael_Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, Wolf_Schmidt, Loretta, Adam_Solomon, +1.727.391.aaaa, Marc_Johlic, Tim_Boland
22:52:05 [MichaelC]
trackbot, end meeting
22:52:05 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
22:52:05 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
22:52:06 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
22:52:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/13-wai-wcag-minutes.html trackbot
22:52:07 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
22:52:07 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/13-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:52:07 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ITEM to Loretta & Wolfe to investigate Silverlight failure of including non-focusable content. [1]
22:52:07 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/13-wai-wcag-irc#T22-24-15
22:52:07 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta investigate Silverlight failure of including non-focusable content. [2]
22:52:07 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/13-wai-wcag-irc#T22-25-00
22:52:07 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wolfe investigate Silverlight failure of including non-focusable content. [3]
22:52:07 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/13-wai-wcag-irc#T22-25-11
22:52:07 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wolf investigate Silverlight failure of including non-focusable content. [4]
22:52:07 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/13-wai-wcag-irc#T22-25-46