riftr — a RIF TRanslator
What is it?
riftr is a Python framework for working with RIF, including a command line and a Web interface.
The goal for a version 1.0 release:
- read and write RIF Presentation Syntax
- read and write RIF XML Syntax
- read and write n3 rules, excluding some n3 rule constructs, and handling only some cwm builtins
- write prolog which can do Core and BLD in SWI Prolog; perform tests and queries using SWI Prolog as an engine
- read and write SPIN and/or similar SPARQL rule constructs
- read and write the RIF Reflection syntax in RDF.
- read and write Prover9's FOL syntax; drive prover9 as a back-end engine
- support importing, including importing RDF and OWL, with OWL RL rules
- read (and maybe write?) SWRL
- demonstrate fallback rewriting
- syntax and interface checking on RDF data
Pretty much all the 1.0 stuff has been implemented at the
proof-of-concept level. Much of it has broken as other bits have
evolved. It's not at all usable right now.