SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference

07 Dec 2010

See also: IRC log


alewis, Mark, eric, +1.781.280.aaaa, padams


<trackbot> Date: 07 December 2010

trackbot, start telcon

<trackbot> Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference

<trackbot> Date: 07 December 2010

<alewis> err.

<alewis> we'd already started.

oops sorry

<alewis> :-)

<alewis> doesn't seem to have caused problems, though.

no, phew, good old trackbot

Appointment of the scribe

<scribe> Scribe: Mark

Approval of prior meeting minutes


Minutes approved

Review the agenda

No modifications to agenda

Administrative items

Eric: Propose we skip meeting of 28th

No objections

RESOLUTION: No meeting on 28th Dec.

Review action items

http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/222 - Derek - no status

http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/223 - Phil - no progress

Phil: Planning to work on this over Christmas period

http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/230 - Mark - no progress

http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/231 - Mark - complete

close action-230

<trackbot> ACTION-230 Apply the changes for ISSUE-67 closed

close action-231

<trackbot> ACTION-231 Come up with a concrete proposal to resolve issue 68 closed

http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/232 - Eric - Complete

close action-232

<trackbot> ACTION-232 Revise the proposal with Amy's addition and the fault in the proposal closed

(see: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Dec/0001.html )

Moving to PR (via CR? & LC)

Eric: Any issues, comments & concerns regarding producing a conforming implementation

Specification Issues


See Eric's email (link above WRT action 232)

Eric: made modifications to proposal noted in previous meeting

Peter: Contacted CXF who want this feature, so this is a welcome & timely addition

Eric: Should we wait for CXF to review this proposal before changing the spec.

Sounds like a good idea if we think there are people who will review the proposal

All: No objection to waiting a week for comments from CXF

<scribe> ACTION: Peter to forward proposal for ISSUE-65 to CXF folk for their approval [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/07-soap-jms-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-233 - Forward proposal for ISSUE-65 to CXF folk for their approval [on Peter Easton - due 2010-12-14].

Next issue : http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/66

Peter: These changes have been applied
... http://dev.w3.org/2008/ws/soapjms/testcases/testcases/testcases.html
... Have added Test0020 to cover Protocol-2070


Peter: This is an optional test for the queue variant (topicReplyToName)

Eric: Would it be worth mentioning in the text for the test that this would involve vendor-specific use of the API to specify the destination name (passed to the Session.createQueue )

(and Session.createTopic)

Eric: Probably unnecessary to spell this out - the test will all require some tweaks / JNDI setup to get them running

Peter: The other change is to add references to WSDLUsage3003, WSDLUsage3004 in WSDL tests test0006 test0007 test0009 test0010 test0013 test0014 test0015 test0016

RESOLUTION: The applied resolution is accepted - ISSUE-66 is closed

Mark: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/68

<eric> Mark's latest email: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2010Dec/0004.html

Mark: Proposal to set heaer properties on the producer instead of the message

RESOLUTION: The new proposal is accepted as-is

<scribe> ACTION: Mark to apply the resolution for ISSUE-68 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/07-soap-jms-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-234 - Apply the resolution for ISSUE-68 [on Mark Phillips - due 2010-12-14].

http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/67 - pending application of resolution per ACTION-230

URI scheme

Eric: Posted new draft with language to register IANA JMS URI scheme variants
... Review came back with 3 comments
... One on the formatting - caused by conversion to text , one because the URI examples were not indented - so Eric has indented the samples
... We should now be ready to submit for final review
... Contacted various open-source implementations of JMS to bring the JMS URI to their attention (ActiveMQ, QPID), plus Oracle
... No feedback to date
... Draft 10 is the latest draft - will chase up IETF later today


Mark: Potential issue with BytesMessage being written and read in different ways (e.g. writeBytes, and readUTF)
... Will send details to the list

Eric: Yes, we nned to understand the scope of the possible change to the spec. e.g. normative, non-normative, FAQ etc.

action mark to get details of potential BytesMessageproblem

<trackbot> Created ACTION-235 - Get details of potential BytesMessageproblem [on Mark Phillips - due 2010-12-14].

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Mark to apply the resolution for ISSUE-68 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/07-soap-jms-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Peter to forward proposal for ISSUE-65 to CXF folk for their approval [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/12/07-soap-jms-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/12/07 17:51:25 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: mphillip
Found Scribe: Mark
Default Present: alewis, Mark, eric, +1.781.280.aaaa, padams
Present: alewis Mark eric +1.781.280.aaaa padams
Found Date: 07 Dec 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/12/07-soap-jms-minutes.html
People with action items: mark peter

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]