See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 23 November 2010
<mhausenblas> scribenick: MacTed
<boris> I had it in a previous telco ...
<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Accept the minutes of last meeting, see http://www.w3.org/2010/11/16-rdb2rdf-minutes.html
RESOLUTION: Accept the minutes of last meeting, see http://www.w3.org/2010/11/16-rdb2rdf-minutes.html
Harry loves RDB2RDF, but has too few hours to do that and his new responsibilities. Ivan Herman will be picking up Harry's admin roles.
mhausenblas: having created mapping syntax, now need to test to confirm it delivers as designed
<mhausenblas> Michael: let's start with the first two
Boris: First case, obviously very simple...
<hhalpin> +1 on new version of R2RML
MacTed: Test Case #0 appears to lack class, attribute definitions?
Souri: R2RML mapping should only cover tables with data. Empty tables should be left to Direct Mapping.
hhalpin: since Direct Mapping already includes databases & code, best to re-use those samples
<hhalpin> particularly for direct mapping
mhausenblas: proposes to put test case #0 on hold, given active discussion
<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: put TC0000 on hold depending on Direct Mapping as default
<hhalpin> notes we can publish while that is on hold.
<boris> The purpose of the R2RML test cases is to verify and validate the specification of the R2RML language. Moreover, these test cases can be useful to create a test harness or automated test framework for testing the interoperable implementors, i.e. R2RML engines.
<Souri> We will allow an RDFS class to be generated (e.g., exa:emp rdf:type rdfs:Class) even when the logical table identified in a TriplesMap is actually empty.
mhausenblas: discussion around what we're trying to do, what these test cases are supposed to be testing ...
RESOLUTION: put TC0000 on hold depending on Direct Mapping as default
Boris: TC0001 - 1 table, 1 single
column, 1 single row ...
... only RDB instance data is made into RDF; no schema info; no classes, etc.
<ericP> am i invited to contribute direct mapping tests here as well?
<ericP> therer are a bunch in the document, but some more i have in my implementation tests
<juansequeda> ericP, don't you think that all these test cases should have two ouputs: the R2RML customized mapping and the Direct Mapping one?
<ericP> juansequeda, i thought i just heard that these tests shouldn't have an empty r2rml configuration
<Marcelo> I agree with juansequeda
<juansequeda> ericP, each test case has "Expected Result"
<boris> yes, ericP
<juansequeda> it should also have "Expected Default Mapping Result"
<ericP> how about if an empty r2rml be a direct mapping test?
<juansequeda> and take the same input schema/data
<ericP> that sounds good to me
<ericP> sorry, on two telecons
<ericP> (only one mute button)
<mhausenblas> ACTION: Juan and Eric to draft Direct Mapping TC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/23-rdb2rdf-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-81 - And Eric to draft Direct Mapping TC [on Juan Sequeda - due 2010-11-30].
<hhalpin> I'd prefer these all to be part of the same test-case document
<hhalpin> just to keep life simple
scribe: discussion about need for Direct Mapping test cases, and potentially integrating all test cases into a single document ...
ericP: sees a lot of framework
that will be repeated across Direct Mapping & R2RML
... the pain of editing will be justified by the end result
mhausenblas: needs to be clear,
this is the DM stuff and this is the R2RML stuff...
... objections to TC0001?
group ... confusion stemming from labeling, wording of descriptions...
<mhausenblas> remove rr:datatype xsd:string
<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Accept TC0001 and remove the rr:datatype
<Souri> +1 (modulo the rr:tableOwner inclusion at some point)
RESOLUTION: Accept TC0001 and remove the rr:datatype
<boris> I'll inlcude the rr:tableOwner in the whole test cases
<hhalpin> move review to list-serv?
<hhalpin> try to get everyone to do a review of it before next telecon?
<boris> zakin, mute me
<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Create a Wiki page with status of implementations (and plans thereof)
Souri: R2RML doc has been much changed from previous, much improved
<Souri> -(-1) => no objections
RESOLUTION: Create a Wiki page with status of implementations (and plans thereof)
<mhausenblas> ACTION: Hausenblas to create Wiki page with implementation status (and plans thereof) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/23-rdb2rdf-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-82 - Create Wiki page with implementation status (and plans thereof) [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2010-11-30].
<ericP> boris, could you review what i've put in http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/R2RML_Test_Cases#R2RMLTC0005b ?
Souri: week after FPWD was
published, reworked into much simpler structure, while test
cases being developed
... would like in-depth critical review as soon as possible, to replace FPWD with 2ndPWD
<ericP> boris, i didn't renumber after http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/R2RML_Test_Cases#R2RMLTC0005b (note the 'b' at the end)
<ericP> we may want names which don't imply an order
<mhausenblas> ACTION: Ashok to review R2RML ED [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/23-rdb2rdf-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-83 - Review R2RML ED [on Ashok Malhotra - due 2010-11-30].
<juansequeda> ericP, does the 'b' imply direct mapping?
<ericP> juansequeda, it's just 'cause i was lazy and didn't want to renumber 6, 7, 8...
<ericP> i stuck it after 5 'cause it was closest in concept to 00005
<juansequeda> ericP, ok, just confirming
<ericP> ahh, 'b' is for "bis", how's that excuse?
<mhausenblas> LeeF, could you review R2RML as well?
<mhausenblas> ACTION: Hausenblas to ask Lee if he can review R2RML ED [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/23-rdb2rdf-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-84 - Ask Lee if he can review R2RML ED [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2010-11-30].
<ericP> boris, i think were wondering about the "discriminating query"
<Souri> latest R2RML Editor's draft => http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/r2rml/Overview.html
<ericP> it was intended to record a query which would reveal whether you have the correct behavior
<ericP> in this case, an aggregate would reveal whether you have preserved cardinality
<mhausenblas> Michael: Ted please look at http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/status/2010/
<ericP> i'll add the SPARQL query as well, but feel free to push back on this
<boris> ericP ... I see ...
<boris> but there is no time
Marcelo: have been working on
DATALOG part of document with juansequeda
... particularly on how to handle foreign keys
... more-or-less know how to do it, need to write it down
juansequeda: there are some noted issues, not sure when/how to start addressing those
mhausenblas: you three editors
are drivers of the document; put things forward for agenda,
discussion will happen...
... agenda additions *can* also happen in the moment
ericP: feels like this doc has drifted a lot from original WG resolution, wonders whether it needs a full group revisit
<hhalpin> expandability plus collapsable buttons seems minor to me
ericP: rearrangement of headers; expand/collapse buttons a questionable thing
<mhausenblas> Michael: it should not be empty; English text should be the default (non-hideable)
<hhalpin> here's official resolution: RESOLUTION: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/directMapping/ with Juan, Marcelo and Eric as editors based on Richard's proposal as of http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdb2rdf-wg/2010Nov/0052.html and try to work in J&M's IRI and Triple generations part; move hierarchical table and the M-M mappings into Ed note; datalog as a separate section; Eric perform merge with review/approval/consensus of Juan, Marcelo, & Eric
<hhalpin> from http://www.w3.org/2010/11/09-rdb2rdf-minutes.html
<mhausenblas> ACTION: Ted to review Direct Mapping ED [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/23-rdb2rdf-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-85 - Review Direct Mapping ED [on Ted Thibodeau - due 2010-11-30].
<trackbot> ISSUE-5 -- Default vs. direct mapping -- open
MacTed: if there are to be *any* collapsible headers, I think they should *all* be so
mhausenblas -- should tell trackbot to end meeting, yes?
trackbot, end meeting
<mhausenblas> trackbot, stop meeting
<trackbot> Sorry, mhausenblas, I don't understand 'trackbot, stop meeting'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
or maybe it can't hear the scribenick?
<MacTed> trackbot, end meeting
<mhausenblas> trackbot, end telecon
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/Hermann/Herman/ Succeeded: s/esting/testing/ Succeeded: s/incusion/inclusion/ Found ScribeNick: MacTed Found ScribeNick: Inferring Scribes: MacTed, Scribes: MacTed, ScribeNicks: MacTed, Default Present: +49.133.6.aaaa, mhausenblas, MacTed, boris, juansequeda, hhalpin, Ashok_Malhotra, +1.603.897.aabb, Souri, +1.603.897.aacc, Seema Present: +49.133.6.aaaa mhausenblas MacTed boris juansequeda hhalpin Ashok_Malhotra +1.603.897.aabb Souri +1.603.897.aacc Seema Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdb2rdf-wg/2010Nov/0119.html Found Date: 23 Nov 2010 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/11/23-rdb2rdf-minutes.html People with action items: ashok eric hausenblas juan ted[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]