eGovernment Interest Group Teleconference

19 Nov 2010


See also: IRC log


mhausenblas, Sandro, +3539149aaaa, Deirdre, +1.508.333.aabb


<trackbot> Date: 19 November 2010


<Deirdre> ok, i'll hang up and call again?

no Deirdre


<gdick> +q

gdick wanted to join us?

<gdick> yes

4star ... use URIs to identify things, so that people can point at your stuff (optional RDF)

5star ... link your data to other or more authoritative data to provide context (one serialisation needs to be RDF)

<sandro> (whether RDF is required at 4 stars or not until 5 is an open issue -- waiting for Tim)

<scribe> scribenick: mhausenblas


PROPOSAL: Accept the minutes of last meeting, see http://www.w3.org/2010/11/05-egov-minutes.html

RESOLUTION: minutes approved

Status of eGov WG

see http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/GLD_Work_Items

sandro: charter will likely include two groups
... IG and WG
... IG as we have right now
... the WG would focus on GLD
... working on revised version of this
... main focus: solving the 'how'
... bunch of vocab that need to be standardised

Michael: what does standardise vocabs mean?

sandro: question is - does W3C bless a certain vocab or create own?
... where URI (namespace) is

Michael: Maybe define W3C namespace with profile
... FOAF as an example
... http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/ for FOAF
... and http://www.w3.org/ns/egov/people

<sandro> ... would list the props & classes recommended, and equivprop to foaf

<sandro> mhausenblas: spectrum....

<sandro> sandro: I'm not seeing a spectrum. xmlnr.org or w3.org

Michael: list all options, list all costs & benefits and figure the 'best' option

sandro: stable target needed
... what if DERI's funding runs out or DanBri get's hit by a bus

Michael: http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/r2r/
... when will charter be finalised?

sandro: try to circulate the draft very soon
... finalising (go to AC) in Jan 2011, starting in March 2011

Linked Open Government Application Challenge

Michael: can we continue?

sandro: it's fine - we can continue meeting

Michael: Sunlight will provide judges and potentially prizes but not co-organize
... and will invite OKFN

sandro: as we get judges, they might help us with the venues
... there might be a new venue (International Data Gov conf)
... will likely be every year, might be a pretty good venue

Michael: continue with prep

Sandro: ask people that you approach about venues

Michael: OK

Sandro: SemTech?

Michael: maybe


trackbot, end conference

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/11/19 14:01:24 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/IG and WG/...IG and WG/
Found ScribeNick: mhausenblas
Inferring Scribes: mhausenblas
Default Present: mhausenblas, Sandro, +3539149aaaa, Deirdre, +1.508.333.aabb
Present: mhausenblas Sandro +3539149aaaa Deirdre +1.508.333.aabb
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-egov-ig/2010Nov/0074.html
Found Date: 19 Nov 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/11/19-egov-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]