16 Nov 2010

See also: IRC log




<scribe> scribe: pchampin

<Vero> does anyone have an idea about the next F2F meeting? I would need to know early if I have to organize it in Amsterdam, because of xmas holidays coming up soon

minutes approval

tmichel: minutes from the F2F are online

minutes are approved

next meeting

tmichel scheduled next week: 2010-11-23

open action items

tmichel: let's only consider actions assigned to present people
... action 302 for Chris

chpoppe: still ongoing

close action 345

close ACTION-345

<trackbot> ACTION-345 Check if comment 2394 is in the document closed

close ACTION-346

<Vero> you can also close action 344, I sent the mail to the list today

jean-pierre: action 348 ongoing

close ACTION-344

<trackbot> ACTION-344 check if comment 2394 is in the document closed

jean-pierre: but I'm not sure I have the experise

<tmichel> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0090.html

close ACTION-349

<trackbot> ACTION-349 Check if comment 2419 is in the document closed

tmichel: next is 350 to Joakim: contact browser vendors

joakim: I will do it in the coming week
... I got a list of contacts from Raphael for IE, Opera...

tmichel: next is 352 to Chris

chpoppe: working on this
... and action 353 still pending

<chpoppe> I will make changes to the API document according to action 352 and 353 at the same time

close ACTION-354

<trackbot> ACTION-354 EVAIN to write a small paragraph in the Onto doc pointing to the RDF ontology closed

tmichel: actions 357 and 358 to Chris

chpoppe: for 358, I need to have a list of the sections to describe
... will send a mail to Thierry to provide me the list
... action 359 is related, also still pending

close ACTION-350

<trackbot> ACTION-350 Contact browser vendors to get their feedback closed

close ACTION-363

<trackbot> ACTION-363 Change the type from short to double value, min and max closed

close ACTION-364

<trackbot> ACTION-364 Changed the description in 3.14.2 target audience interface; the name should be "identifier", and rating scheme should be used closed

tmichel: about action 365 to Joakim (respond to email from Paul Cotton)
... Paul basically said that we should add a reference to the HTML5 spec
... We agreed that this was not a notion.
... Either we remove this part from our spec, or require a better option from HTML5 WG.

Joakim: will check the minutes about what we decided

tmichel: hard to decipher what the label of action 369 means...

<tmichel> [B] Follow up on Implementation of LC comments

<tmichel> > B1- Media Ontology spec

joakim: I'll try to figure out

<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2389 : NO - partially implemented

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0086.html

<tmichel> Werner to add the proper text

ACTION Jean-Pierre to send an e-mail about proposals from the RDF task-force

<trackbot> Created ACTION-370 - Send an e-mail about proposals from the RDF task-force [on Jean-Pierre EVAIN - due 2010-11-23].

<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2393 : NOT reviewed

<tmichel> > -- LC Comment -2398 : OK Implemented.

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0074.html

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0091.html

<tmichel> > -- LC Comment -2403: OK Implemented.

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0072.html

<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2404 : NO - partially implemented

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0093.html

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0085.html

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0094.html

<Vero> one Editor should integrate these changes in the document

pchampin: proposed a paragraph to explain the link between the abstract ontology and the RDF ontology
... once we discuss the mail that Jean-Pierre is about to send

<Vero> ok

pchampin: I will update the correspondence table accordinly

<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2405: NOT reviewed

pchampin: and we can integrate it into the ontology spec

<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2411: OK, thoug not fully Implemented ?

<Vero> sounds good!

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0087.html

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0092.html

tmichel: the main issue is the inclusion of PBCORE
... we asked for a mapping but have not received any feedback
... so we drop it from the spec
... if you agree, this comment can be marked as implemented

pchampin: +1

<Vero> +1

<tmichel> > *-- LC Comment -2417: NO - partially implemented

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0075.html

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0078.html

<tmichel> >

tmichel: I will LC 2411 it as implemented in tre tracker tool

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0079.html

<tmichel> { (((statement:String), (identifier:URI)) | ((statement:String), (identifier:URI)?) | ((statement:String)?, (identifier:URI))), (type:URI)? }

pchampin: for me the BNF style was quite clear...

<Vero> +1, it is a classic "regular expression" style...

<chpoppe> +1

pchampin: the question mark is described is the spec, so it is self sufficient

<tmichel> *-- LC Comment -2418: NO - partially implemented

<tmichel> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0073.html

<Vero> but we do not keep "identifier:URI" as notations, right? BNF style is for the "?" only, right? We go for name=ma:identifier type= URI, right?

<Vero> which still has to be changed in the table, if I'm not mistaken?

tmichel: provided Wonsuk with an external stylesheet

pchampin: about the BNF syntax...
... as Vero and Chris suggested, it should be updated

<Vero> is there someone working on the properties table right now to update the syntax? Chris? P-A?

pchampin: not me

<Vero> Chris?

<chpoppe> nope, hands full with the API document

Chris: action 293 is about that, so it will be done eventually

<chpoppe> I think this falls under action 293

tmichel: back on LC 2418

<Vero> ok, I can't do it for next telecon, but I can start working on it

tmichel: I will ping the editors. This is no big deal.

ACTION Thierry to ping the editors about LC 2418

<trackbot> Created ACTION-371 - Ping the editors about LC 2418 [on Thierry Michel - due 2010-11-23].

<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2419 : NO partially implemented

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0090.html

B2- API spec

chpoppe: I will do the suggested edits in the API document
... but the anchors need to be added in the ontology document

joakim: about the TODO for contacting the geolocation WG
... we don't have altitude as mandatory in out API, while it is mandatory in their API
... there is nothing we can do about it
... so this point is closed

<tmichel> [C] Follow up on editing of specs

<tmichel> > ** Ontology:

<tmichel> > - Metadata source example

<tmichel> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0063.html

ACTION to Chris include the Metadata source example in the spec

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - to

tmichel: we are done with WebM: Sylvia has provided the information
... for Flash container, still discussing with Adobe

<tmichel> Rating in the API document

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0089.html

<chpoppe> this was changed

<tmichel> [D] Status update ma-ont RDF latest version

<tmichel> ** Latest Version N° 24:

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0100.html

jean-pierre: result of a long discussion with Tobias and Pierre-Antoine
... we implemented a number of changes to respond Ivan's comment
... but some changes require a change in the Ontology spec as well

<tmichel> ** Review from Ivan

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0099.html

jean-pierre: that we will discuss in the next telecon

<Vero> ok, so this will be about the property table I suppose?

pchampin: yes Vero, mainly

<tmichel> [E] reminder : Metadata examples needed!

<tmichel> >

<tmichel> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Nov/0081.html

tmichel: we have decided to ask the editors of each mapping table
... to provide a sample of metadata in the corresponding format
... to be used in the test cases

<tmichel> Felix will do the XMP data example

joakim: Felix will do the X sampe

s/X sample/XMP sample/

tmichel: call adjourned

bye, I'm late for my class :)

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/11/16 15:28:46 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Veri/Vero/
FAILED: s/X sample/XMP sample/
Found Scribe: pchampin
Inferring ScribeNick: pchampin

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Chris Joakim Vero chpoppe jean-pierre pchampin tmichel trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 16 Nov 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/11/16-mediaann-minutes.html
People with action items: 
[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]