Media Annotations Working Group Teleconference

19 Oct 2010


See also: IRC log




<raphael> trackbot, start telecon

<trackbot> Date: 19 October 2010

<Joakim> Meeting: MAWG

<Joakim> scribers?

<Joakim> scribe: Veronique

<Joakim> http://www.w3.org/2010/10/19-mediaann-minutes.html

<Joakim> http://www.w3.org/2010/10/12-mediaann-minutes.html

minutes of last meeting

<raphael> scribenick: Vero

propose to accept http://www.w3.org/2010/10/12-mediaann-minutes.html


still one telecon before the next face to face

<Joakim> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open

ITEM: open action items

action 273 ongoing

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 273

Thierry: Silvia Pfeiffer proposed to fill in missing information
... for Flash could not find missing info, as it is not a totally open standard

Raphael: some parts of Flash are open, the ones we are interested in

Thierry: I will contact Adobe for that


the document would not be improved by removing the "normative" sections

Joakim: propose to keep them in the document, adds clarity
... there has been editorial changes to remove them from the text


Raphael: has edited the table, will push it at the end of the teleconference


Thierry: the css is ready, but we should discuss whether we want this markup

<raphael> ACTION-309?

<trackbot> ACTION-309 -- Thierry Michel to improve markup of nomative/informative, probably with specific class to visualise -- due 2010-09-16 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/309

close ACTION 311


Thierry: sent the email but we do not have an agreement from James

close ACTION 319


Thierry: sent the email to James and he did not respond
... so we either consider that he is satisfied or, if he does not remove the formal objection, we will follow the W3C process and get the director's approval

Raphael: if he attends the F2F, it would be a good opportunity to solve the problems

action on Thierry to check out whether James attends the F2F

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - on

action Thierry to check out whether James attends the F2F

<trackbot> Created ACTION-324 - Check out whether James attends the F2F [on Thierry Michel - due 2010-10-26].

ITEM: LC document publication schedule

Thierry: lacking behind, but was to be expected
... if we want to have a good quality of document for the 2nd last call

Joakim: would be good to make a new scedule

<tmichel> the LC Comments status is as follows:

action Thierry to make a new schedule of working plan during f2f and following milestones

<trackbot> Created ACTION-325 - Make a new schedule of working plan during f2f and following milestones [on Thierry Michel - due 2010-10-26].

<tmichel> =====

<tmichel> Agreed: Commenter approved disposition

<tmichel> ******

<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2389 on Media Ontology spec

<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2398 on Media Ontology spec (jose)

<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2403 on Media Ontology spec

<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2404 on Media Ontology spec

<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2417 on Media Ontology spec (PLING Renato)

<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2410 on Media API spec Jo Rabin

ITEM LC comments tracking

<tmichel> -- LC Comment -2394 on Media API spec (timeless : need to send final draft for review.).

<tmichel> On going (response from commenter- partial or no agreement):

<tmichel> ***********************************************************

<tmichel> ** LC Comment -2393 on Media Ontology spec (deasagree for speex or VP8 and codec)

<tmichel> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Sep/0245.html

<tmichel> --> ACTION: Thierry to investigate.

<tmichel> ** LC Comment -2405 on Media Ontology spec (Doug)

<tmichel> satisfied by our response but would like to see it in the spec.

<tmichel> Confused by your solution around the "ma" prefix, and would like to

<tmichel> see it in writing.

<tmichel> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Oct/0021.html

<tmichel> --> ACTION: Véronique to see with Raphael or Wonsuk about new wording in the spec

<tmichel> ** LC Comment -2418 on Media Ontology spec (need to respond to 3 unsolved issues) see to do

<tmichel> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Sep/0242.html

<tmichel> --> ACTION: Véronique to investigate 3 unsolved issues

<tmichel> --------------

** LC Comment -2395 on Media API spec(deasagree for speex or VP8 and codec)

<tmichel> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Sep/0246.html

<tmichel> --> ACTION: Thierry to investigate.

<tmichel> ** LC Comment -2419 on Media API spec (need to respond to unsolved issues)

<tmichel> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Sep/0233.html

<tmichel> Proposal from Chris:

<tmichel> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Oct/0045.html

<tmichel> --> ACTION: Chris to investigate unsolved issues)

<tmichel> ** LC Comment -2406 on Media API spec (Doug)

<tmichel> Should discuus this further with Doug during a telecon. Doug should provide Scenario. Doug kind of agree ... s

<tmichel> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Oct/0088.html

<scribe> Ongoing responses to commenters with partial or no agreement

LC 2393

Thierry: last email


no further answer from James

Thierry: Silvia has sent some answers to his emails and she proposed to fill in some of the info we would need in the table
... first will check out if James comes to TPAC
... if no answer do we consider that he agrees?
... James is the only one with formal objection
... we could wait that we have the WebM container mapping information provided by Silvia and point him to this table
... and ask him then for his approval, stating that we think that we have covered his request

action Thierry to check out with Silvia about the WebM container mapping table

<trackbot> Created ACTION-326 - Check out with Silvia about the WebM container mapping table [on Thierry Michel - due 2010-10-26].


still ongoing, have to check out

<tmichel> As of today James Salsman is not registered at TPAC

<tmichel> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Oct/0077.html


Thierry: does not have any response to the latest emails

Joakim: will resolve the ongoing formal objection the same way as for the other of his formal objections

Raphael: can we contact him by another mean than email?

Thierry: can ivite him to a telecon or tpac

Joakim: we also have to coordinate with Doug, Wonsuk, Joakim and Chris
... have not found proper time slot yet


Joakim: will send an email to API editors, propose 2 options this week
... otherwise next telecon or TPAC
... Doug should send a draft scenario, which we did not get yet

ITEM: discuss the TPAC agenda

Joakim: we do not have a draft yet

Thierry: I can send a draft tomorrow

Joakim: I can help you finilize it

RSS Agent, draft minutes

<Joakim> Bye bye!

RSSAgent, draft minutes

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/10/19 11:57:46 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/ACTIO/ACTION/
Succeeded: s/conteact/contact/
Found Scribe: Veronique
Found ScribeNick: Vero

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found, but dash separators were found.  
Defaulting to -dashTopics option.

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: ITEM P4 Thierry Vero aaaa aabb daniel fsasaki joakim raphael scribenick tmichel trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Oct/0091.html
Found Date: 19 Oct 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/10/19-mediaann-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]