See also: IRC log
<laurent_csiro> Previous: http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-ssn-minutes.html
<Danh_DERI> hi Laurent and Alex
<Danh_DERI> Zakim : + +975921aaaa is me
<laurent_csiro> Scribenick: Cory
<laurent_csiro> Top: Recommendations to be issued by the XG
Laurent: Work should be continued within W3C, but development environment outside W3C
<Amit> W3c submission will need to adhere to royalty free license terms
Amit: Should be within W3C as long as there are no proprietary conflicts
<Amit> If we are building on specific exisiting work, then they may have to agree to w3c policy
<Amit> most EU projects will spport using W3C as a vehicle
Laurent: in short term, publish W3C submission
Laurent: Discussing where the ontology will be hosted and maintained
<Amit> part of the SSN submission can provide a snapshot and then continue beyond
Laurent: most of work left for submission includes paperwork and signatures, probably don't need any new conceptual work
<krp> Ok, I see, we could support submission paperwork through the University of Southampton membership
<krp> and I presume Oscar could also support through UPM
Amit: should we develop use cases
integrating with other common ontologies
... also use cases with tools (e.g., an annotation tool) and linked data
Laurent: submission includes ontology, with tools and integration to other ontologies should be left to greater community
Laurent: who here is involved with provenance XG?
<Amit> Satya Sahoo from my group is W3C official liaison
<Payam> so do we
<Payam> European Telecom. Standards Institute
Laurent: there are topics (with W3C and other groups) we have not covered ... how should we align with these topics?
<Payam> I did
<myriam> me by both
several members also interested in internet of things
Amit: If there is interest,
integration/alignment with IOT at W3C is not difficult
... should not focus on mobile web or IOT, focus should be general ontology of sensors and leave specific extension to another group
Laurent: actuators, mobile sensors, etc. may be important to model
<myriam> sorry, Off topic: there's Andres from DERI actually involved in the Provenance-XG and another guy working on that but not yet included in the incubator group (Fabrizio)
<Payam> I also think that we should keep IoT related topics separated from the current sensor ontology development
Laurent: integration with other topics is unclear, discussion should continue at another time
Laurent: Discussion of whether the ontology should include QCR, or should we postpone this addition until after submission (and continued discussion)
DOLCE does not use QCR
Laurent: If we use QCR, then we should clearly document how it is used and provide examples
<krp> So I've just found that note on QCR in an email... I'll go over it with Raul when he gets here as I think he'll be more familiar with the change Michael made (which isn't referenced directly in the email?)
Laurent: How do we specify who is an author and/or editor of report?
<laurent_csiro> Authorship guidelines from another working group at W3C: http://esw.w3.org/HCLSIG/Authorship
Laurent: Do we include project funding acknowledgements?
<Danh_DERI> it's me,Zakim
<laurent_csiro> Participant projects: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Participants
Amit: link to participant page in submission
<Payam> Surrey and SENSEiI does not appear on the page
<laurent_csiro> ACTION: Danh to add the description of DERI's project in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Participants [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-ssn-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-56 - Add the description of DERI's project in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Participants [on Danh Le Phuoc - due 2010-10-05].
Amit: add supporting organizations to participant page
<laurent_csiro> ACTION: Payam to add description of SENSEI project in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Participants [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-ssn-minutes.html#action02]
<Amit> See section 5 of http://www.w3.org/Submission/SA-REST/
Laurent: We should keep markup section in combined deliverable
<Amit> let us wrap up in 2 week max?
Amit: I will help review
<Arthur> I can help with the review too
<Amit> cory wil be supporting writing
<Danh_DERI> I can help with review as well
<Danh_DERI> Myriam, how about you?
Amit: Can we have a draft open for comments in 2 weeks?
<myriam> me, too: I'll help with review
Laurent: draft by end of next week
<Amit> Last call now for any substantial issue by the end of this week
<Payam> I can help with the review
<Andriy> i can help with the review of the sections i'm not involved in, too
<myriam> I can help in reviewing the Andriy's sections
<krp> Thanks, bye
<Payam> thanks, bye
<Danh_DERI> i;m here
<myriam> I'm here
<Arthur> I also thought to go through the checklists and add a "(TODO)" behind points which still are empty, to see what is still missing.
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/Particpant/Participant/ Succeeded: s/Add:/Action:/ Succeeded: s/me, too/me, too: I'll help with review/ Found ScribeNick: Cory Inferring Scribes: Cory Default Present: laurent_csiro, Payam, Arthur, +44.190.827.aabb, Andriy, +1.937.775.aacc, krp, Danh_DERI, [IPcaller], +1.858.388.aaee Present: laurent_csiro Payam Arthur +44.190.827.aabb Andriy +1.937.775.aacc krp Danh_DERI [IPcaller] +1.858.388.aaee Regrets: Michael Oscar Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-ssn/2010Sep/0019.html Got date from IRC log name: 28 Sep 2010 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-ssn-minutes.html People with action items: danh payam WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]