See also: IRC log
Jo: Francois? A run-down?
<francois> MWABP implementation report
<EdC> The matrix of implementation reports looks good.
Francois: We are good. There are 3 best practices for which we don't have 2 proper implementation reports but I think it's OK. We have evidence of implementation in the world of "fingerprinting" - links in discussion in the mailing list.
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We are good to go on fingerprinting.
<EdC> Why are entries in the column Uxebu marked "yes" instead of "pass" ?
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We are good to go on fingerprinting - i.e. point 14 of the implementation report ya know.
RESOLUTION: We are good to go on fingerprinting - i.e. point 14 of the implementation report.
<francois> [EdC, there's indeed a slight problem in the table layout, I'll fix that]
Francois: Moving to number 21. We
have 2 implementation reports for that. I just note that the
last implementation report said that they don't think it's that
useful on mobile devices. I don't think we should worry about
... Unless there are any objections don't think we need a resolution.
Francois: Number 22- use fragment
... We have multiple implementation reports but they all come from the same companies. Pity we don't have evidence from more than 1 company but it does exist in the wild...
Jo: It is extemely widely used - so not worried.
Adam: It's worth noting that it's wildly used on desktop as well.
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We agree that Nunber 22- use fragment ID is OK to go even though all the formal implementation reports are from one company...
RESOLUTION: We agree that Nunber 22- use fragment ID is OK to go even though all the formal implementation reports are from one company
Francois: Last one is 26 -
consider ... - 3 partial implementations from 3 different
companies. So I think we are good to go.
... It's a "consider" best practice so difficult to define where line should be drawn.
<EdC> And it proposes several methods, so partial might have been interpreted as "we use only one of all these".
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We are agreed that nunber 26 - consider .. is OK even considering we only have 3 partial implementations...
RESOLUTION: We are agreed that nunber 26 - consider .. is OK even considering we only have 3 partial implementations...
Jo: Now we go to the transition request...
Francois: before that I'd like to mention replies to the last call comments. We received the response from PFWG - they sent a positive response. One of the responses was not send to the public mailing list - it has not arrived there yet - I will chase him for this.
Jo: We have a record from you (here) that this response has been received.
Francois: yes, we are not waiting for any further reply - I will prepare disposition of comments.
<scribe> ACTION: Daoust to prepare distribution of comments for BP2. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-1072 - Prepare distribution of comments for BP2. [on François Daoust - due 2010-10-05].
<jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: The BPWG requests transition of Mobile Web Applications Best Practices (aka BP2) to Proposed Recommendation. There is no need for the document to go through Candidate Recommendation again.
Jo: Any objections?
RESOLUTION: The BPWG requests transition of Mobile Web Applications Best Practices (aka BP2) to Proposed Recommendation. There is no need for the document to go through Candidate Recommendation again.
Francois: This means we need to request transition - it will take some time... Then Dan, Jo and I will have to attend a transition call with "the Director".
Jo: Transition call within 2 weeks...
Francois: Hopefully. Then 4 weeks minimum in PR.
Jo: Any last minute news from
anybody on an implementation report that is forthcoming?
... If not, we don't have sufficient implementation evidence.
Francois: That's correct.
Jo: Anybody on this call here have anything to say about this?
Adam: Aaron said he was going to...
Jo: He kindly provided a report but it did not support a sufficient number of the points of conformance.
Sean: Bad news [from Nokia]: we're not going to provide a report.
Jo: I don't see any option that we have. Are we allowed to leave this in CR?
Francois: As soon as the group closes, any remaining work items need to be published as a working group note. Seems to be a good idea to [publish it as a note] now.
Jo: It seems a great shame but unless anyone has any brilliant ideas - I suggest we go ahead an publish it as a working group note.
<jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: "Downgrade" CT Guidelines to a WG Note and request publication as such.
<twhume> +1 with a meh
<EdC> +1 (sadly)
<jo> +1 (it's a bitter pill to swallow)
<EdC> how are group members (especiallly
<EdC> operators and transcoder vendors) will utilize the CTG,
<EdC> even if only as a WG note?
RESOLUTION: "Downgrade" CT Guidelines to a WG Note and request publication as such.
Jo: Whilst it would have more
force as a recommendation, in practice getting the work out
there in a published form is worth-while [whether it be Note or
... Francois, can you adjust the content of the document to turn it from a Rec into a Note. The main bits are in the preamble. We will take it offline.
<jo> ACTION: Jo to talk with Francois about what is needed to enact the above resolution on CT Guidelines [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-1073 - Talk with Francois about what is needed to enact the above resolution on CT Guidelines [on Jo Rabin - due 2010-10-05].
Jo: Anything else on CT guidelines?
Jo: Charter extension - sounds like it's going to take at least 6 weeks for BP2 to reach rec. So we need to request an extension or make w3m aware that we need an extension.
Francois: We should wait for response on our request to transition to PR.
Jo: ok - so later in october we
will request an extension.
... We should close off outstanding issues and actions.
Jo: No open issues.
... Open Actions - we have 21...
<trackbot> ACTION-1003 -- Bruce Lawson to follow up within Opera as to what exactly the XSS test scripts supplied by chaals guard against -- due 2009-09-08 -- OPEN
<trackbot> ACTION-1003 Follow up within Opera as to what exactly the XSS test scripts supplied by chaals guard against closed
<trackbot> ACTION-1008 -- Adam Connors to check if Google has tests they could contribute for CT guidelines -- due 2009-09-22 -- OPEN
<trackbot> ACTION-1008 Check if Google has tests they could contribute for CT guidelines closed
<trackbot> ACTION-1022 -- Daniel Appelquist to ping internally in Vodafone to see if we have any ability to help with CT test suites. -- due 2009-10-27 -- OPEN
<EdC> Do we close at least with an indication that they are closed without final resolution ?
I never got any joy.
<trackbot> ACTION-1022 Ping internally in Vodafone to see if we have any ability to help with CT test suites. closed
<trackbot> ACTION-1035 -- Daniel Appelquist to create a plan to raise awareness on mobileOK through some campaign -- due 2009-12-18 -- OPEN
leave it open
<trackbot> ACTION-1038 -- François Daoust to look into mobile Web Applications within W3C that implement some of the Mobile Web Application Best Practices. -- due 2010-02-16 -- OPEN
Francois: I've had a look...
<trackbot> ACTION-1038 Look into mobile Web Applications within W3C that implement some of the Mobile Web Application Best Practices. closed
<trackbot> ACTION-1039 -- Tom Hume to look into mobile Web Application within Future Platforms and provide implementation report for MWABP -- due 2010-02-16 -- OPEN
Jo: done and closed.
<trackbot> ACTION-1039 Look into mobile Web Application within Future Platforms and provide implementation report for MWABP closed
<trackbot> ACTION-1040 Make a post about MWABP to entice people to provide feedback closed
Did do but no response.
<EdC> Once more, when you close, is there an indication that the actions were actually dropped (no resolution) instead of closed with a resolution?
<trackbot> ACTION-1041 -- Daniel Appelquist to contact facebook and Opera ref implementation reports for BP2 -- due 2010-03-09 -- OPEN
did but no response.
<trackbot> ACTION-1041 Contact facebook and Opera ref implementation reports for BP2 closed
<trackbot> ACTION-1043 -- Daniel Appelquist to see if on-deck apps and betavine could be a source of implementation reports -- due 2010-04-06 -- OPEN
Nothing forthcoming here.
<trackbot> ACTION-1043 See if on-deck apps and betavine could be a source of implementation reports closed
<trackbot> ACTION-1050 -- Jeffrey Sonstein to help find 2 implementations of 5 and 6 by 30 June. -- due 2010-06-29 -- OPEN
<trackbot> ACTION-1050 Help find 2 implementations of 5 and 6 by 30 June. closed
<trackbot> ACTION-1052 Investigate CT implementation report closed
<trackbot> ACTION-1053 Investigate CT implementation report closed
<trackbot> ACTION-1055 -- François Daoust to see with Jérôme about CT implementation report -- due 2010-06-29 -- OPEN
<trackbot> ACTION-1055 See with Jérôme about CT implementation report closed
<trackbot> ACTION-1059 -- Daniel Appelquist to ping Bytemobile about CT implementation report -- due 2010-06-29 -- OPEN
<trackbot> ACTION-1059 Ping Bytemobile about CT implementation report closed
<trackbot> ACTION-1061 -- Daniel Appelquist to write the explanatory text for the "further considerations" section. -- due 2010-07-13 -- OPEN
<trackbot> ACTION-1061 Write the explanatory text for the "further considerations" section. closed
<trackbot> ACTION-1062 -- Jo Rabin to formulate action plan with Francois and Dan -- due 2010-07-27 -- OPEN
<trackbot> ACTION-1062 Formulate action plan with Francois and Dan closed
<trackbot> ACTION-1066 -- Adam Connors to enact LC-2415 -- due 2010-08-31 -- OPEN
<trackbot> ACTION-1066 Enact LC-2415 closed
<trackbot> ACTION-1070 -- Adam Connors to find prepare a short doc with references to remaining best practices -- due 2010-09-14 -- OPEN
francois: This was done.
<trackbot> ACTION-1070 Find prepare a short doc with references to remaining best practices closed
<trackbot> ACTION-1071 -- Daniel Appelquist to send inspirational email to working group to get people to send implementation reports on CT -- due 2010-09-14 -- OPEN
didn't feel inspirational.
<trackbot> ACTION-1071 Send inspirational email to working group to get people to send implementation reports on CT closed
Jo: 3 actions remain... and that is about it.
<francois> ACTION: daoust to send transition request to PR for MWABP [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-1074 - Send transition request to PR for MWABP [on François Daoust - due 2010-10-05].
jo: anything else?
... Little point in having a call next week (Oct 5 2010) and to resume following transition call.
OK with me.
<EdC> Ok with me as well.