See also: IRC log
<laurent_lefort_cs> Previous: 2010-08-31 http://www.w3.org/2010/08/31-ssn-minutes.html
<laurent_lefort_cs> Scribenick: Kerry
<laurent_lefort_cs> Page with the table with the links to all the sub-page for each module
<laurent_lefort_cs> SSN Sensor http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/SSN_Sensor
Andriy: informal overview+ some questions about measurement capabilities (wrt the ontology itself)
Laurent: o'view is right detail level
Laurent: there was a figure from Raul - -could that go in too?
Michael: can change CMAP labels to be more precise; also importing is tricky
Laurent: has a script to remove the labels and another to extract subclasses and then some work by hand. Happy to go through this again
<Payam> I'd prefer RDF-style
<michael> prefer rdf
<laurent_lefort_cs> Kerry: like the are and is
<michael> I'd prefer is-a to are, though
Kerry: prefers the cmap style
<laurent_lefort_cs> Vote: Who is in favour of CMAP out of the box?
Decision: apply the scipt to relabel
Laurent: "sub class of" for "are"?
<michael> subclass and 'member of' or 'instance of' ??
<laurent_lefort_cs> Vote: sub class of and instance of
<Payam> none- I'd vote for standard RDFS types :)
<cory> subclass is one word
afree with cory
<michael> +1 for subclass
<Arthur> why not use subClassOf
also -- the camel case does not seem to be used for keywords
<laurent_lefort_cs> Vote: subclass instance equivalent
<Arthur> Laurent, I saw you also uploaded pictures of the knife examples, but those are not linked here yet.
Decision: subclass instance equivalent for CMAP figures
<michael> The diagrams have to change anyway, as they have thing inheriting from Thing, which isn't right for the DUL alignment.
<laurent_lefort_cs> ACTION: Laurent to regenerate the figures with the version aligned to DUL [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-ssn-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-50 - Regenerate the figures with the version aligned to DUL [on Laurent Lefort - due 2010-09-15].
Laurent: Do we combine Raul's picture and your page? Or keep Raul introductory and use CMAP for yours?
Andriy: better to use CMAP consistently
Payam: prefer Rauls' for intro section and CMAP for detail
Laurent: other comments on this approach?
Payam: sugeest Raul's for the whole ontology and CMAP for the parts
Michael: agree Payam. Raul's provides a nice map to the modules and their relationships
Payam: if CMAP need to use rdf labelling style
yes -- a simple explanation would do!
<michael> plus a link near each figure to the notation key
laurent: a table to explain keyword/labels?
<laurent_lefort_cs> ACTION: Laurent to provide picture and notation guide [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-ssn-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-51 - Provide picture and notation guide [on Laurent Lefort - due 2010-09-15].
Payam: each figure should be self-contained in this respect
Payam, Laurent: ie a legend in each figure
<Payam> something like this: http://www.w3.org/Submission/OWL-S/Profile-Ontology-1.1ai.gif
<Payam> perhaps not a very good example
Andriy: question on measurement
... what is the right way to design property names and also <something else>
Michael: recall decision to change -- perhaps not done yet. Will do.
<scribe> ACTION: michael to make those changes to measurement capability module. consult eith Andriy [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-ssn-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-52 - Make those changes to measurement capability module. consult with Andriy [on Michael Compton - due 2010-09-15].
Andriy: modelling a sensor's measurement capabilities <broke up...>
Laurent: use example in text the
way you do -- this looks good
... use an example in its entirety -- a compromise to offer complete description in another page?
... one page per example, small text, plus then point to another page with complete figure?
Payam: looks good. for deployment section should I uses Andriy's or something else?
Laurent: your own example (a different one) would be good.
<scribe> ACTION: kerry to do example for observation module [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-ssn-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-53 - Do example for observation module [on Kerry Taylor - due 2010-09-15].
Laurent: DUL documentation?
<scribe> ACTION: laurent to suggest Kryz does doc for DUL alignment [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-ssn-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-54 - Suggest Krzysztof does doc for DUL alignment [on Laurent Lefort - due 2010-09-15].
Michael: will do subediting here.
Laurent has reorgansied report following suggestions from Arthur. Are people ok with it now?
Laurent: looking for help with "recommendations" section
<michael> agree with kerry
All: various comments on report
... <summary> structure is good. some concern about too much... secs 4-7 are what matters.
<laurent_lefort_cs> ACTION: Laurent to update plannned content for section 2, 3 and 7 on basis of available material [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-ssn-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-55 - Update plannned content for section 2, 3 and 7 on basis of available material [on Laurent Lefort - due 2010-09-15].
Laurent: question about importance of GeoRSS
Cory: don't really want to do everything
Cory: suggest just mention GeoRSS in recommendations but no worked example
Payam: structure is good. Do we need to do <something> for observations?
Cory: we have SOS examples which covers O&M
Payam: description how the ontology relates to O&M? mapping or annotation to O&M or both
Michael: DUL alignment and O&M and our ontology are pretty well aligned
<laurent_lefort_cs> Figure on the modules developed in priority
Michael: aligns quite well and documents in ontology comments for sources of definitions
apologies: I've lost the connection (child interference) and can't get back in at this late time.
which means my notes are a bit empty.
<Payam> this figure is very helpful; a paragraph to explain this will help
<laurent_lefort_cs> Laurent: commenting the picture
<Payam> I'll scribe
<laurent_lefort_cs> The modules at the center are the most important
<laurent_lefort_cs> The modules at the periphery and the fact that our ontology is interfaced to them is important too
<Payam> Use case 4: covers some aspects which are not in the main scope of XG
<Payam> Do you have any content to contribute to section 7?
<Payam> Laurent: Do you have any content to contribute to section 7?
<Payam> same here
could be cut off due to time -- we don't normally overrun this much
<laurent_lefort_cs> Let's close the conf
<michael> ok, bye
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/detial/detail/ Succeeded: s/relable/relabel/ Succeeded: s/Decsision/Decision/ Succeeded: s/righ/right/ Succeeded: s/consult eith Andriy/consult with Andriy/ Succeeded: s/ (Cory can you hang on - I'll be back)// Succeeded: s/ The modules are the periphery/ The modules at the periphery/ Succeeded: s/ (the fact that our ontology) is connected to them/and the fact that our ontology is interfaced to them/ Succeeded: s/commentinmg/commenting/ Succeeded: s/Usecase 4/Use case 4/ Succeeded: s/Kryz/Krzysztof/ Succeeded: s/kepp/keep/ Succeeded: s/the was/there was/ Succeeded: s/realtes/relates/ Succeeded: s/peripheryand/periphery and/ Succeeded: s/documentaion/documentation/ Found ScribeNick: Kerry Inferring Scribes: Kerry Default Present: michael, Payam, laurent_lefort_cs, Arthur, Andriy, +61.4.097.8.aaaa, kerry, +1.937.775.aabb Present: michael Payam laurent_lefort_cs Arthur Andriy +61.4.097.8.aaaa kerry +1.937.775.aabb Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-ssn/2010Sep/0001.html Got date from IRC log name: 08 Sep 2010 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/09/08-ssn-minutes.html People with action items: kerry laurent michael WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]