HTML Weekly Teleconference

17 Jun 2010





<pimpbot> planet: IE’s Compatibility Features for Site Developers <11http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2010/06/16/ie-s-compatibility-features-for-site-developers.aspx> 4** How would I know if I should consider HTML 5 for a specific project? <11http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3058355/how-would-i-know-if-i-should-consider-html-5-for-a-specific-project>

<pimpbot> planet: What is HTML5 and are there any benefits to it over Flash? [CLOSED] <11http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3058711/what-is-html5-and-are-there-any-benefits-to-it-over-flash>

<pimpbot> planet: Sprite-Sheet BLIT with HTML 5 Canvas? <11http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3059522/sprite-sheet-blit-with-html-5-canvas>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9767] Consider ignoring document.write() when IE ignores it if comes from the network task source <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jun/0217.html> 4** [Bug 9941] New: If a script gets inserted into a document it will "run" and its "already started" flag will be set. How can the conditions of being in a document and child nodes being changed or src attribute being set ever apply? <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9887] parsing algorithm should allow HTML content in MathML <annotation-xml> <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jun/0218.html>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9941] If a script gets inserted into a document it will "run" and its "already started" flag will be set. How can the conditions of being in a document and child nodes being changed or src attribute being set ever apply? <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jun/0222.html> 4** [Bug 9942] The sentence "The shadowBlur attribute specifies the size of the blurring effect." is misleading, It should say "The shadowBlur a

<pimpbot> planet: iPad/iPhone HTML5 video loading <11http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3007797/ipad-iphone-html5-video-loading> 4** Thankyous for Introducing HTML5 <11http://www.brucelawson.co.uk/2010/thankyous-for-introducing-html5/>

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9943] Add a sudoku puzzle as an example table to demonstrate a table without headers. <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jun/0224.html> 4** [Bug 9887] parsing algorithm should allow HTML content in MathML <annotation-xml> <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jun/0223.html>

<pimpbot> planet: Adding h.264 <video> support to XULRunner <11http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3061518/adding-h-264-video-support-to-xulrunner>

<pimpbot> planet: <audio> elements not working on WordPress <11http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3061829/audio-elements-not-working-on-wordpress> 4** Sencha Touch: The end of native; A new touch framework for the Web <11http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ajaxian/~3/G_ieUAxoyUM/sencha-touch> 4** AViewer beta <11http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/?p=635>

<pimpbot> planet: iPad: Mobile Safari, HTML5 <video>, and jquery transitions <11http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3046293/ipad-mobile-safari-html5-video-and-jquery-transitions> 4** Animated GIF in HTML5 canvas <11http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3062229/animated-gif-in-html5-canvas> 4** Should I not use those XHTML elements/tags/attributes which will not be in the HTML 5 spec? <11http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3050290/should-i-not-use-those-xhtml-elem

<pimpbot> planet: How do I disable auto- poster image generation on the video tag? <11http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3062915/how-do-i-disable-auto-poster-image-generation-on-the-video-tag>

<mjs> hi all

<paulc> hi

trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Date: 17 June 2010

<scribe> scribe: rubys

<pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-06-17: actions, issues, publication status from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-06-16 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from April to June 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

<paulc> We have 20+ people on IRC

1. ACTIONS due this week

mjs: we should wait on plh


<trackbot> ACTION-29 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring -- due 2010-06-17 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-29 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

plh: the psig came agreement on wording on the license, and are working on a FAQ.
... the remaining item is to verify that the license is GPL compliant, and will likely be checking with Eben
... I would suggest a checkpoint in two weeks.

mjs: OK. It would be helpful to send a link to the working group with the license text once it becomes available.

2. Items that close this week (by Thu Jun 10)

mjs: none

3. New Issues This Week

mjs: none

4. New Calls for Proposals/Counter Proposals/Consensus this week


<trackbot> ISSUE-109 -- change ARIA section title and add extra text about use of ARIA -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/109

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-109 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: originally raised by Steve, the accessibility task force has indicated that they are not interested in taking a position.
... so the next step is to call for counter proposals


<trackbot> ISSUE-101 -- Spec reference for US-ASCII -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/101

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-101 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: there has been a lot of follow up discussion and input. We have an objection which came with a counter-proposal. We are still evaluating whether that counter proposal has the appropriate level of detail


<trackbot> ISSUE-105 -- allow image maps on the canvas element -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/105

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-105 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: so far no-one has opposed the idea, if you have input speak up.


<trackbot> ISSUE-107 -- Politics in fallback example for plugin usage -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/107

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-107 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: originally there were two proposals, but one was withdrawn in favor of the second one. If you have any input, now would be the time to speak up.
... questions?

5. WG Decision Policy update

mjs: we are a little behind, the next target is to have something for WG review by July 15th at the latest. That will include all bugs raised by last month, it may not resolve bugs raised since then.
... questions?

6. Heartbeat Working Drafts & First Public Working Drafts

mjs: we have 6 heartbeat draft and 2 FPWD, but there is an issue which is blocking publishing.
... docs include: HTML5, RDFa, Microdata, Canvas, H:TML, diffs, as well as two new documents: polyglot and alt text
... the issue remaining concerns the introduction section and what should be said there with respect to the relationship to the WHATWG
... questions?

7. Nov F2F meeting at TPAC meeting, Lyon, France

<pimpbot> Title: IETF 78 - Maastricht, Netherlands (at www.ietf.org)

mjs: registration for TPAC and AC is now open. paulc has sent info to the mailing list

paulc: confirms

<paulc> Info on registration for Nov F2F: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jun/0432.html

<pimpbot> Title: RE: HTML WG F2F meeting, Nov 4-5 at TPAC 2010, Lyon, France from Paul Cotton on 2010-06-16 (public-html@w3.org from June 2010) (at lists.w3.org)

<paulc> WG will meet Thu-Fri Nov 4-5 in Lyon France

<paulc> Technical Plenary will be on Wed Nov 3

paulc: this will be an all week technical plenary meeting. The advisory committee is also meeting. Wednesday will be a joint meeting.
... the HTML WG will be meeting on thursday and friday; other wgs are meeting on monday/tuesday
... the link contains additional information

mjs: questions or comments?

<Zakim> Julian, you wanted to remind people of http://www.ietf.org/meeting/78/index.html

<pimpbot> Title: IETF 78 - Maastricht, Netherlands (at www.ietf.org)

julian: the IETF is meeting at the end of the month and will cover a number of topics of interest to the HTML WG
... I will send an email once the dates are determined

mjs: I encourage wg members to check that out
... any other questions or comments?

<pimpbot> bugmail: "[Bug 9872] trigger a conformance error when javascript is included in href attribute" (2 messages in thread) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jun/0227.html> 4** [Bug 9871] provide normative advice to conformance checkers about use of onevent handler attributes <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jun/0225.html>

8. Other Business

mjs: any other topics?

9. Scribe for next meeting

mjs: volunteers?

paulc: I can do that

mjs: thanks!

10. Adjournment

mjs: thanks everybody!

<Laura> bye

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/06/17 16:20:57 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/docs include/mjs: docs include/
Succeeded: s/rubys:/paulc:/
Succeeded: s/juian/julian/
Found Scribe: rubys
Inferring ScribeNick: rubys
Present: Dzung_Tran

WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2010AprJun/0020.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 17 Jun 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/06/17-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]