Introduction to XG life

21 May 2010

See also: IRC log


koalie, Antoine, Emmanuelle, Tom



give me a minute and I'll be on the call

<Emmanuelle> hi


Requesting an additional mailing list

<antoine> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/SKOS

<antoine> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/

<antoine> +1 with what TomB is going to say!

TomB: I would like an additional list, called something like public-lld

<TomB> public-xhtml2@w3.org

<TomB> List Purpose: This is the public mailing list for the XHTML2 Working Group.

antoine: public-lld would be specific to the xg even in public

antoine: the other would be community oriented, and not pulluted by group administration

<TomB> public-rdfa@w3.org and public-rdfa-wg@w3.org

Tom: want to limit participation to people who are actively contributing and writing deliverables
... for people who are interested in the work of the group, we want to give then a channel
... like done in RDFa
... and this is used as a community list
... It would be helpful to have a second public list

<antoine> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/ was used as the community-oriented list next to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/

coralie: the public-xg-lld can survive the XG
... we don't need to close it.
... I'll ask about your second list and will report.

CVS access, minute formatting tool, Tracker

Antoine: in SWD we had access to a part of w3.org

Tom: CVS access

Coralie: Will you need CVS access?
... you can have CVS access

Antoine: We can start with the wiki

Tom: I think we need a web page

<TomB> Coralie: To get CVS acccess, send me your SSH public key.

Coralie: I'm the one helping you with CVS access, just provide me with your SSH public key

<TomB> Coralie is breaking up...


Emmanuelle: I'll have to learn how to use IRC and Zakim

<TomB> Antoine: Qst about minutes of meeting. rrsagent, please draft minutes, then corrected. After that, meetings were put in W3C space. Should we put on wiki or in W3C space?

<TomB> Coralie: Either space. Some prefer to write only in wiki. No expectation.

<TomB> ... Scribe tools will work the same as in SWD.

<TomB> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/Scribing.html

<Zakim> TomB, you wanted to ask whether the OWL2 minutes tool is available

<TomB> I wrote a guide to setting up a telecon on Zakim - see Scribing.html

[antoine looks for the OWL2 minutes tool link]

<antoine> http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/meeting/2009-05-27

<TomB> http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/meeting/2008-09-10

formatted by commonscribe

<kooalie> CommonScribe

Coralie: feel free to use any minute formatting tool, really no expectation from us

<TomB> +1 Antoine to use simple minutes

<Zakim> TomB, you wanted to ask about issue tracker

<Emmanuelle> +1 to use simple minutes

Tom: We might need one later.

<TomB> Everyone still out there?

Antoine: the end of the XG guide gives instructions on how to request a tracker.

Joining Semantic Web Coordination Group?

<Zakim> TomB, you wanted to ask whether XG Chairs will automatically join SWCG

<TomB> Semantic Web Coordination Group

<TomB> and chairs@w3.org?

Coralie: I don't know, I'll ask.

Tom: I'm already part of it. I believe I can stay on. The question is whether Antoine and Emmanuelle they can join that group,
... and the question to them is whether they want to be part of that group
... it's not mandatory, but it's interesting.

Coralie: I'll let you discuss about the latter, and I'll ask about the former.

Tom: It provides a way to keep in touch with major milestones.

Coralie: re: chairs@w3.org yes that will be automatic.

Balance between Member participants and IEs

Tom: I have a question on how any Invited Experts we can expect to have in the XG
... We'll proceed cautiously with IEs

Coralie: Yes
... IE applications are approved by Mauro Nunez (also reviewed by W3C Management)
... keeping a balance is good
... no clear-cut answer, it's really case by case, if you need many IEs

Tom: library world is big
... Many are not Members

Emmanuelle: Libraries in universities
... Some can be persuaded to join later, like BNF

[Coralie was going to make the same point]

Tom: XG is a good way to recruit new Members, by getting them involved
... We'll see how it goes.


Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/05/22 08:09:20 $