HTML Weekly Teleconference

20 May 2010

See also: IRC log




<trackbot> Date: 20 May 2010

<scribe> scribe: rubys

<Mark> t7732238 is Mark from AT&T

<plh> tel:+1.617.258.0992 (Office)

<Mark> 732238 is Mark from at&t

1. ACTION items due by Thu May 20

mjs: there are none this week

2. Issues with deadlines due by May 20

<oedipus> cyns, you need to end with a ? - "Zakim, who is on the phone?"

mjs: surveys closed yesterday on issue 66, 90, 91, 93, 95, 96, 97
... this covers issue analysis and removing various elements and attributes; chairs will be reviewing the responses, the changes proposals, and any relevant emails

<MikeSmith> issue-103?

<trackbot> ISSUE-103 -- XML escaping in iframe/@srcdoc -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/103

mjs: four items calls for counter proposal due today: issues 89, 92, 103, 107; Tab volunteered for 89 and 92. No volunteers for 103 or 107.

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-103 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<MikeSmith> issue-107?

<trackbot> ISSUE-107 -- Politics in fallback example for plugin usage -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/107

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-107 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: make sure that if you have an interest in these issues, volunteer

<mjs> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html

<pimpbot> Title: Change Proposal Status (at dev.w3.org)

mjs: questions or comments?

3. Items that close next week (by Thu May 28)

mjs: may 27th the Accessiblity Task Force will submit a media accessibility requirements document

<oedipus> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Requirements

<pimpbot> Title: Media Accessibility Requirements - HTML accessibility task force Wiki (at www.w3.org)

mjs: due on may 28th:
... ... issue-109, a change proposal is due from Steve Faulkner
... ... nobody has volunteered for issue-111, issue-112, issue-113, issue-114, issue-115

<mjs> issue-111?

<trackbot> ISSUE-111 -- What does input.@required mean for @type = checkbox? -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/111

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-111 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<mjs> issue-112>

<mjs> issue-112?

<trackbot> ISSUE-112 -- negative keywords-not meta tags -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/112

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-112 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<mjs> issue-113?

<trackbot> ISSUE-113 -- add a preventable forced-fragment method -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/113

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-113 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<mjs> issue-114?

<trackbot> ISSUE-114 -- link tag: rel: associate pages about the same organization across many sites for searches without a canonical page and despite a confusingly indistinct name -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/114

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-114 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<mjs> issue-115?

<trackbot> ISSUE-115 -- link tag: rel: associate pages about the same person across many sites for searches without a canonical page and despite a confusingly indistinct name -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/115

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-115 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: questions or comments?

4. New Issues This Week

mjs: there are no newly raised issues this week

5. New Calls for Proposals/Counter Proposals/Consensus this Week


<trackbot> ISSUE-86 -- HTML5 relaxes Atom requirement on atom:id stability -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/86

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-86 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

mjs: call for consensus to adopt the removal of Atom generation. Tab previously objected, but no longer does, so we are looking for consensus.

6. WG Decision Policy update

mjs: revisions are nearly done. By next week there should be something available for the working group to discuss.
... questions or comments?

7. Heartbeat Working Drafts & First Public Working Drafts

mjs: the chairs would like to beat the 3 month cycle this time. If you don't object, you don't have to reply.
... we would like to republish the same six drafts as heartbeat drafts

HTML 5: http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/ HTML+RDFa: http://dev.w3.org/html5/rdfa/ HTML Microdata: http://dev.w3.org/html5/md/ HTML Canvas 2D Context: http://dev.w3.org/html5/2dcontext/ HTML: The Markup Language: http://dev.w3.org/html5/markup/ HTML5 Differences from HTML4: http://dev.w3.org/html5/html4-differences/

<pimpbot> Title: HTML5 (at dev.w3.org)

mjs: two proposals for first public working drafts: HTML/XHTML compat (a.k.a., "polyglot")...
... I encourage people to review and file bugs

<oedipus> http://dev.w3.org/html5/alt-techniques/

mjs: second draft is for techniques for providing useful text alternatives

<pimpbot> Title: HTML5: Techniques for the provision of text alternatives (at dev.w3.org)


<pimpbot> Title: HTML/XHTML Compatibility Authoring Guidelines (at dev.w3.org)

mjs: questions or comments?

<oedipus> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-66-objection-poll/results

<pimpbot> Title: Results of Questionnaire ISSUE-66 - Image Analysis Heuristics - Straw Poll for Objections - Web-Based Straw-poll and Balloting System (at www.w3.org)

8. Other Business

mjs: any other business?

9. Scribe for next meeting

mjs: I encourage folks to volunteer
... thank you plh for volunteering

10. Adjournment

mjs: I hope that the quick meeting means that communications have been clear

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/05/20 16:20:01 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/requirement document/media accessibility requirements document/
Found Scribe: rubys
Inferring ScribeNick: rubys

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: AllanJ CIA-1 Dashiva Dzung_Tran Eliot Fandekasp Gregory_Rosmaita Hixie Janina_Sajka Julian Lachy Laura Laura_Carlson Mark Michael_Cooper Microsoft Mike MikeSmith P16 P2 Philip Sam Shunsuke Title Yudai aaaa aabb adrianba anne aroben arronei cyns drry dsinger dsinger__ ed_work gavin gavin_ gsnedders hober hsivonen html-wg inimino jgraham jmb johndrinkwater joined jsajka karl kennyluck kliehm krijnh lgombos mamund miketaylr mjs oedipus phenny pimpbot plh rubys scotfl syp tH tel thugbot trackbot webben xover
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Found Date: 20 May 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/05/20-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]