18 May 2010


See also: IRC log


Joakim, wonsuk, daniel, john, fsasaki, chris, Veronique
Werner, Tobias, florian


<scribe> Scribe: Joakim

<daniel> http://www.w3.org/2010/05/18-mediaann-minutes.html

<daniel> http://www.w3.org/2010/05/11-mediaann-minutes.html

Minutes from last meeting

Minutes from last meeting approved

Next telecon June 25

Open Actions Items

Keep Action 214 open

close: 225

close Action- 225

close: Action-225

<fsasaki> close ACTION-225

<trackbot> ACTION-225 Inclusion of mapping table into ontology document closed

234 keep open

close: ACTION-236

close ACTION-236

<trackbot> ACTION-236 Make table 4.1.2 same format as the mapping table (using the same template) closed

close ACTION-237

<trackbot> ACTION-237 examples missing for getDiagnosis, getOriginalData, getSourceFormatsWithValues, selectMAResource closed

close ACTION-238

<trackbot> ACTION-238 Add example regarding column 11 closed

close ACTION-250

<trackbot> ACTION-250 Prepare a document containing the examples from thes introduction (to be used for test cases) closed

close ACTION-251

<trackbot> ACTION-251 Supply jpeg images with exif closed


close ACTION-253

<trackbot> ACTION-253 Provide mpeg-7 describing a movie closed

Status of Ontology Doc

<wonsuk> The diff version between the result of Vienna f2f meeting and the last one: http://tinyurl.com/2er68a5

Daniel: to communicate with thierry regarding publication

<fsasaki> Felix: for LC preparation you need to have a record of a vote for the LC publication, and somebody to prepare the document. That will be Thierry I guess

<veronique> I still don't understand what this means (identifier:URI), (type:String)

<daniel> http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.html

Wonsuk: Has incorprated the text fr�n John and Joakim into the ontology

Veronique: Do we really define an ontology according to the definition?

<fsasaki> +1 to Veronique's proposal

Veronique: Add one sentence to the definition that explains the difference between the scientific meaning of an ontology to what we present
... Will send a sentence to the mailing list later to day!

Q: do we have to cerate an URL to our namespace?

<fsasaki> Felix: you need to create a namespace document

<fsasaki> I will paste the URI for the explanation in IRC in a second

<fsasaki> Felix: Thierry should also take care of that

But we can do that after LC?

<fsasaki> Felix: no, normally not

<fsasaki> Felix: better check with Thierry

<scribe> ACTION: Joakim to create a namespace doc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/05/18-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-259 - Create a namespace doc [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2010-05-25].

<fsasaki> Felix: document about namespace documents is at http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-nsuri

veronique: why do we want represent position with lon,lat
... don't understand: maidentifier format

Explain Chris, Wonsuk

veronique: should altidude not be optional!

Wonsuk: it is!

werner and wonsuk have added some explanation for the sub-type in 4.2.

added a short senctnece about the API doc

Wonsuk has integrated the mapping pages as static pages into the doc

I dont have MAYA set up on my new computer

Can someone help out?

Thanks Wonsuk:-)

Problem with CL and EBU tables

Wonsuk revised the references by moving some ref from nor to non-nor

Daniel: Issues about the Onotology Doc: small sentence from Ver and remove empty columns!

any more issues?

John should elaborate on the conformance part

<veronique> "In this recommendation, the vocabulary in question is the list of core properties (relationships) defined in the ma namespace, and the machine-readable format is not specified here: the recommendation provides a simple text description and definition of the relationships. An implementation of the vocabulary in RDF has been developed in the MAWG RDF? task force [REF]. Implementations in different formats are nevertheless allowed."

There are two AP that John will carry out when Wonsuk is ready

<veronique> how about this ad-on?

is it possible to this week

Johan: Possibly during the weekend

Status on API doc

<daniel> http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-api-1.0/mediaont-api-1.0.html

what has change in the last version, is that Chris has added examples on how to use the API

now the outline is: introduction, how it works, the we list all the interfaces and for each we give an example

examples are in JS and as for a WS

have added the error codes to the document

According to Chris the Doc is ready for LC,

his only concern is that it doesn't look good in IE

Wonsuk: DAP: Usually update the draft, but when they publish they do some differetn version for publication, so IE can read that version

<scribe> ACTION: Joakim to ask thierry of how to make a version that works woth IE [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/05/18-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-260 - Ask thierry of how to make a version that works woth IE [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2010-05-25].

wonsuk: there are some errors in the document, check that with W3C team contact

Daniel: we need some (HTML) validation of our document before going to LC

Daniel and Joakim will contact THIERRY for validation before LC

Daniel: are there any other open issues

Some open issues before LC. ontology: english improvement by John, sentence from Veronique, mapping table errors

API: is ok, but has to be HTML validated

Wonsuk can yoy please add Ver sentence to the ontology doc?



meeting to be adjourned!

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Joakim to ask thierry of how to make a version that works woth IE [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/05/18-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Joakim to create a namespace doc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/05/18-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/05/18 11:58:46 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/felix:/Felix:/
Found Scribe: Joakim
Inferring ScribeNick: joakim
Present: Joakim wonsuk daniel john fsasaki chris Veronique
Regrets: Werner Tobias florian
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010May/0030.html
Got date from IRC log name: 18 May 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/05/18-mediaann-minutes.html
People with action items: joakim

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]