See also: IRC log
<wonsuk> what is the appropriate for the order? Last or First name ?
<daniel> We booked teleconf bridge already, but some problems happen now when accessing the bridge. Please be patient. I've sent a notice to W3C management guys to fix it up.
<daniel> start our meeting, self-introduction
<Chris> Hi wonsuk, no not yet I wanted to see what others had to say on Sylvia's remarks
<Chris> hi everybody :)
<scribe> ACTION: joakim to contact Google [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-mediaann-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-234 - Contact Google [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2010-05-03].
Daniel: Working group might be extended; Joakim and Daniel have to ask for an extension before July
Joakim: Half a year extension is possible without re-chartering
Werner: Does the group intend to publish the RDF taskforce work in one document?
Daniel: We can publish it as an appendix.
Joakim: Mapping table will be part of the specification / it will be normative -> no way to change later.
Next topic: Check status of action items
ACTION-47 is ongoing
ACTION-189 is ongoing
Status ACTION-209: Student has finished his work; will soon be available for the group.
ACTION-209 is ongoing
Florian: We extract Flickr metadata, use the COPHIR dataset
ACTION-214 is ongoing
Florian: will send a link to the MXM workshop later.
ACTION-219 is done
<trackbot> ACTION-219 Update the API doc e with the service description closed
ACTION-223 is ongoing
<trackbot> ACTION-224 check together with other ontology doc editors results from webapps review and make updates closed
(Veronique has uploaded a new version)
ACTION-225 is ongoing
@vmalais: did you work on ACTION-225 recently?
<trackbot> ACTION-227 Propose how to implement table from felix for one or 2 function closed
<trackbot> ACTION-231 Look at Silvia's comment closed
ACTION-232 is ongoing
ACTION-233 is ongoing
Next agenda item: lunch
<daniel> to folks, sorry for our bridge problem...we are now trying to call W3C. once again, sorry for your inconvenience. We will try during lunc time for fixing the bridge problem.
<daniel> See you after 1:30 hours for lunch.have a good lunch time
<plh> the bridge is fixed
<daniel> we are calling...one second
<plh> sorry about that. the system didn't load the reservation properly.
<plh> tomorrow and the day after are fine
<daniel> done, thanks Philippe....folks you can connect to our bridge...please do this right now
<plh> again, really sorry about that.
<plh> we'll debug the bridge later to understand why the reservation didn't get loaded by the bridge
<scribe> scribe: tobiasb
Next agenda item: Ontology Doc I
We look at the comments from Robin and Silvia
Wonsuk: Some comments have already been implemented by Veronique
<daniel> Robin's comments
<vmalais> and the comments that have not been taken into account yet have been listed in my mail :)
<daniel> Silvia's comments
We will ask the group to go for last call on Wednesday,
We will now go through all remaining comments and decide how to proceed with them.
<Js> Plh. Please what is the difference between <df> and <dfn>?
<plh> <df> doesn't exist in HTML as far as I know
<Js> Welcome Chris!
<wonsuk> @plh: how about <def> ?
<wonsuk> for description of definition?
<plh> <def> doesn't exist in HTML either
<wonsuk> <def> is exist in the XMLSpec.dtd
<plh> oh, xmlspec
<plh> that's different :)
<wonsuk> our question is which markup is appropriate for the spec ? <def> or <dfn>?
<plh> dfn doesn't exist in HTML
<plh> dfn doesn't exist in *xmlspec*
<plh> I'm checking on def
<plh> <def> exists
John will send a definition of ontologies to Daniel; Daniel will send to the list.
<joakim> In this context an ontology denote a taxonomy with a set of inference rules.
<joakim> In philosophy, ontology (from the Greek ??, genitive ?????: of being (part. of ?????: to be) and -?????: science, study, theory) is the study of being or existence.
<vmalais> we do not take the philosophical definition of ontology into account here
<vmalais> we take the AI definition
<vmalais> Gruber 1995, a "specification of a model"
<vmalais> "specification of a shared conceptualisation"
<vmalais> and such a specification can be more or less formal
<vmalais> we go for the least possible formal specification, the vocabulary
The MAWG ontology defines a controlled vocabulary with commonly agreed concepts / terms
<vmalais> in my humble opinion
<joakim> Sorry, the second line was pasted in by mistake
Studer/Fensel extended Gruber1995 into “a formal, explicit specification of a shared conceptualization".
<vmalais> that's the one I also think most appropriate to our context :)
<joakim> The Gruber definition was critizied because it's too abstract
W3C, Video on the Web workshop, http://www.w3.org/2007/08/video/
<daniel> video in the web vs. video on the web....Philippe ?
<plh> we picked video in the web during the AC review
<plh> due to one AC comment
<plh> so video in the web is the activity name
<joakim> chris are you here?
<joakim> Veronique are you there?
Joakim: Section 3 will be normative
<vmalais> you vote :)
<vmalais> no clue about it, I would say n the web...
JPSearch and Transformation Rules: Mario Döller and Florian Stegmaier and Harald Kosch and Ruben Tous and Jaime Delgado Standardized Interoperable Image Retrieval ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC), Track on Advances in Spatial and Image-based Information Systems (ASIIS), pages=881-887, Sierre, Switzerland
<scribe> ACTION: florian and tobiasb to check the datatypes used in the ontology doc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-mediaann-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-235 - And tobiasb to check the datatypes used in the ontology doc [on Florian Stegmaier - due 2010-05-03].
<scribe> ACTION: Veronique to make table 4.1.2 same format as the mapping table (using the same template) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-mediaann-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Veronique
<scribe> ACTION: vmalais to make table 4.1.2 same format as the mapping table (using the same template) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-mediaann-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-236 - Make table 4.1.2 same format as the mapping table (using the same template) [on Véronique Malaisé - due 2010-05-03].
Current agenda item: break
<daniel> reference to ontology definition in our group by John: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2010Apr/0098.html
<joakim> Veronique are you there?
<trackbot> ACTION-235 And tobiasb to check the datatypes used in the ontology doc closed
<daniel> Philippe, can we define our own namespace ? any procedure in W3C ?
<plh> you can
<plh> just ask when doing the publication
<vmalais> that would be nice!
<vmalais> about my action item: I don't understand which template I'm supposed to use for the property description table...
<plh> actually, you don't even need to ask, just use it
<plh> See "Director approval is NOT REQUIRED when a namespace URI in a Technical Report has any of the following forms: [...]"
<plh> in http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-nsuri
<daniel> But our doc is not a TR, but a Rec...same guide to the Rec ?
<daniel> instead of ma:format: alternatives: ma:minetype, ma:mediatype, ma:contenttype...
<daniel> which is your preference ?
my preference would be ma:mediatype
<florian> [x] mimeType
<joakim> Meeting adjouned!
<daniel> agreed, my preference is also ma:mediatype
<daniel> in EBU, compression or encoding (not coding) by JP
<daniel> tomorrow, we will have seperated sessions for ontology (editing) and API (comments review)
Next agenda item: Figlmüller
all, see you tomorrow - we are closing the meeting for today.
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/KOFIR/COPHIR/ Found Scribe: tobiasb Inferring ScribeNick: tobiasb WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found. Default Present: ViennaF2F, chris Present: ViennaF2F chris WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list! WARNING: No meeting chair found! You should specify the meeting chair like this: <dbooth> Chair: dbooth Got date from IRC log name: 26 Apr 2010 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/04/26-mediaann-minutes.html People with action items: florian joakim tobiasb veronique vmalais WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option. WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found! Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>. Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of new discussion topics or agenda items, such as: <dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]