See also: IRC log
<scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB
<scribe> Scribe: Art
Date: 18 March 2010
AB: the draft agenda was posted on March 17 ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/0857.html ). I expect a relatively short meeting given Robin isn't here today (he is Chairing the DAP f2f meeting now). We will skip the the WARP topic. Any change requests for the agenda?
AB: No call on March 25; next call is April 1. Any other short announcements?
AB: Marcos, what's the status of the <span> and dir attribute changes you proposed ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/0715.html )?
MC: I am done with the normative
... still need to have examples checked
... Richard Ishida provided one example
... would be good to get review of the other examples
... But even if they are wrong, it wouldn't prevent publishing
... We need to talk to the Team about whether these changes will require us to go back to LC
AB: agree we need to have that
... seems like we should get some implementor feedback before proceeding
... that is on the new bidi text
... but not clear who can give us the feedback we need
MC: yes, agree it would be good
AB: I think we need to show the bidi test are "testable"
MC: yes, think that's OK; need to
show it can be implemented
... we could have some screen shots that show for example the name element with R2L text
AB: I think Scott and Wookie is probably the closest we have to an Implementor
<scribe> ACTION: barstow follow up with Scott re the <span> element and dir element and Wookie [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/03/18-wam-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-509 - Follow up with Scott re the <span> element and dir element and Wookie [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-03-25].
AB: we haven't talked about the TWI spec ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-api/ )
MC: need to resolve the security issues around openURL method
AB: perhaps we should create an issue
MC: yes, that's good
ISSUE: need to flesh out the security considerations for the openURL method in the Widget Interface spec
<trackbot> Created ISSUE-116 - Need to flesh out the security considerations for the openURL method in the Widget Interface spec ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/116/edit .
MC: not sure exactly what we want
... I think the TWI spec is 100% implementable
... at least for the API
AB: the text for sec consids would be non-normative
MC: need to get more feedback
... Wookie hasn't implemented 100% (yet)
... BONDI has done some work but it doesn't implement the Widget interface
... need to do some followups re TWI implementation
... Cyril and GPAC is another Implementor
AB: is there an open issue regarding the <span> and dir changes made to the P&C spec?
MC: unicode has text re the
markers and says not to include them
... some chars have directional indicators
... I haven't received much useful info on what to do; think we should just return the raw string
AB: is that what is spec'ed now?
MC: yes, just returns the raw
... could also return string plus direction plus lang
... but that's a lot of work
AB: my gut feel is we should stay with what we have defined and only change it if Implementors and/or Developers complain
AB: I haven't seen any new information about our scheme registration request. Robin needs to respond to Julian's comments ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/0713.html )
<scribe> ACTION: Robin respond to Julian's comment re widget: URI scheme registration ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/0713.html ) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/03/18-wam-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-510 - Respond to Julian's comment re widget: URI scheme registration ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/0713.html ) [on Robin Berjon - due 2010-03-25].
AB: our request to the CSS WG for
comments on the pre-LC version of the VMMF spec ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf
) resulted in several responses.
... comments from the WG ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/0804.html )
... comments from Daniel Glazman ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/0800.html ), his personal comments
... comments from Brad Kemper ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/0803.html ) regarding the definitions of the modes
... without Robin here today, I'm reluctant to do a deep dive
MC: fair enough; I haven't done a thorough review yet
AB: Marcos raised a question about height and width attribute ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/0847.html )
MC: yes, I need to discuss this
... P&C says that VMMF defines how width and height are used
AB: ok, let's wait for Robin to
respond to your comment
... my recommendation is that we continue discussions on the mail list
MC: generally, I think the doc is looking pretty good
AB: yes, I tend to agree
... it was particuarly good to see the CSS WG thinks it was a good idea
... I need to thank them and Daniel for sending comments
... any comments about the spec being more general than just widgets
MC: not clear what that really
... don't want to add a bunch of complexity
MC: there is also a question
about the relationship to CSSOM
... want to keep VMMF as simple as possible
AB: so keep the functionality constrained such that additional functionality can be layered on top of it
MC: need to see how it lines up
with the VM-I spec
... should mention VMI spec to CSS WG
Arve: the APIs are needed e.g.
... may want to change content upon mode switch
AB: an action then to followup with Marcin on VM-I
MC: should ask CSS WG now to review VM-I
AB: was there a natural follow-up on one of the comments?
MC: yes, think so
AB: here is what I think it the
latest VM-I spec: http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/vm-interfaces.src.html
... I don't know if it reflects Yael Aharon's comments
MC: I'll reply to Daniel G with a
pointer to VM-I spec
... and I'll CC AvK too
AB: excellent and thanks for
... anything else on View Modes for today?
AB: is there anything else for today?
Arve: re charter, what about
... Google created a proposal
... think the use case was debugging
... the question is: is this in scope for WebApps?
AB: yes, here is the start of one
... Draft charter http://www.w3.org/2010/webapps/charter/Overview.html
... next call is April 1 (no call on March 25). Meeting adjourned.
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Found ScribeNick: ArtB Found Scribe: Art Default Present: Art_Barstow, +1.479.524.aaaa, +47.23.69.aabb Present: Art Marcos Arve Regrets: Robin Frederick Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/0857.html Found Date: 18 Mar 2010 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/03/18-wam-minutes.html People with action items: barstow respond robin[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]