08 Mar 2010


See also: IRC log


Tim, B.
Jan Richards


<Jan> Scribe: ARonksley

1- Working through survey questions

<Jan> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20100305/results

<Jan> Resolution: Reworded definition of Web Content with Web content properties

Question 2: Remove "option" from glossary:

Jan: we're not really defining the word "option".
... Tim isn't here so probably best to leave this
... It's not hurting anyone to keep it in
... We'll need to clean up links to it though

Rewording B.2.1.1 Decision Support

Greg: If we told Adobe developers they had to get into the merits of various technologies, it wouldn't happen
... Doesn't agree it should be level A

Jan: This could be referenced in the help

<Jan> Resolution: Accept wording change to Rewording B.2.1.1 Decision Support BUT the Level A vs. AA remains in question.

Greg: Say you have a save as text option, you have to get into a whole discussion about various accessibility issues etc

Jeanne: I think you're getting too deep into this Greg

Jan: The warning would be that the format couldn't support accessibility for the intended content

Combined metadata proposal (B.2.2.8)

<Jan> JR: Haven't heard from Jutta or Tim so this is still open

Conformance section re-org

<Jan> Resolution: Conformance section re-org http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JanMar/0099.html

Rewording B.2.2.6:

<Jan> JR: Wording: B.2.2.6 Status Report: Authors can receive an accessibility status report based on the results of the accessibility checks. (Level AA) Note: The format of the accessibility status is not specified. For example, the status might be a listing of problems detected or a WCAG conformance level, etc.

Jan: This is to replace two requirements that we have for checking with one
... One is to view the problems
... the other is to save them
... Tim asked if this is testable?

<Jan> ACTION: JR to wrtie email to list addressing Tim's concern [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/03/08-au-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-265 - Wrtie email to list addressing Tim's concern [on Jan Richards - due 2010-03-15].

Glossary rewording

<Jan> This appendix contains definitions for all of the

<Jan> significant/important/unfamiliar terms used in the normative parts of

<Jan> this specification, including terms used in the Conformance section.

<Jan> Every attempt has been made to find appropriate definitions for these

<Jan> terms from other sources before introducing new definitions. Terms are

<Jan> linked from their first usage in a section as well as from any usage in

<Jan> the normative success criteria. Please consult

<Jan> http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec/ for more information on the role of

<Jan> definitions in specification quality.

<Jan> Resolution: Accespt neg glossary wording http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JanMar/0106.html

Editorial Changes

<Jan> JR: B.3.4.1 Model Accessible Practice

<Jan> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2010/ED-IMPLEMENTING-ATAG20-20100303/

<Jan> JR: Adding: sample code or sample applications

<Jan> Resolution: Add "sample code or sample applications" to B.3.4.1

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: JR to wrtie email to list addressing Tim's concern [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/03/08-au-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/03/08 21:38:23 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: ARonksley
Inferring ScribeNick: ARonksley

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Andrew Greg Greg_Pisocky JR Jan Jeanne P0 P3 trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Regrets: Tim B.
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2010JanMar/0104.html
Got date from IRC log name: 08 Mar 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/03/08-au-minutes.html
People with action items: jr

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]