09 Feb 2010

See also: IRC log


gsnedders, krisk, jgriffin


I can scribe

<scribe> scribe: krisk

<gsnedders> For some definition of present :)

looks like it's just us 3 at the meeting

The first item was to ask about was an update on Mecurial

I'll ping phillip post the meeting about this action item (http://www.w3.org/html/wg/test/track/actions/2)

I ask for some connection information and once it appears to work I'll make a post to the list

jgriffin will take action item http://www.w3.org/html/wg/test/track/actions/6 (ref test example)

jgriffin states that mozilla uses the canvas -> data url api from HTML5

is that for only canvas or the whole window content

<jgriffin> it's for the canvas, which contains a copy of the test window's contents

how about you come back with a simple example - can you do this?

I'll update the tracker date for another 2 weeks

gsnedders - any feedbck on this action item?

<gsnedders> What action item?

<gsnedders> 6?


jgriffin will take ownership and come back with an example that uses canvas apis to validate the test case

<gsnedders> Not much. That seems sensible

gsnedders any update to the parser tests? http://www.w3.org/html/wg/test/track/actions/7

<gsnedders> Oh, I was going to ask what you meant about the content sniffing?

<gsnedders> But I'm generally very busy with 10.50 and the impending beta

basically if you look at the byte stream you can detect that it's an image and even that it's a bitmap, etc

<gsnedders> OK, so content-type sniffing? That's not ion HTML 5 any more.


<gsnedders> I thought what I agreed to was just general HTML parsing tests, throw together something about formats, and what html5lib does

that is fine - can you update the tracker item with your view?

<gsnedders> Sure


The next part of the meeting I wanted to discuss leveraging the old DOM HTML Test suite for the HTML5 Test Suite

<gsnedders> If we're gonna discuss that, let me phone in actually

try Time 16:00-17:00 UTC (11:00am-12:00pm Boston local) Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 48658

I'd like to move parts - not specifically the harness

gsnedders concerned that some tests are not too usefull and/or vauge

thats why I don't think it would be wise to move the whole suite

gsnedders thinks it alot of work to re-use that write tests from scratch

I think that means gsnedders doesn't want this action item (laughter on phone....)

<gsnedders> More just that I think we're going to have to spend a lot of time reviewing them to ensure they have a good clear pass condition, that they match the HTML 5 psec, etc.

<gsnedders> I think we're better off spending the time just writing new tests, because I think that'll take more time than it would to just write an exhausive test suite from the HTML 5 spec.

<gsnedders> (That's basically what I meant by what I said on the phone)

any other feedback on this?

would you be open to using these tests - if indeed that appeared to have some value and helped overall browser interop?

any other items that people wanted to discuss or bring up?

sound like this is it for this meeting

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/02/09 16:36:26 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: krisk
Inferring ScribeNick: krisk

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Present: gsnedders krisk jgriffin

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 09 Feb 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/02/09-htmlt-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]