HTML Weekly Teleconference

21 Jan 2010


See also: IRC log






<trackbot> Date: 21 January 2010

<paulc> [Microsoft] is me

<paulc> [Microsoft] is paulc

<scribe> scribe: MikeSmith

<paulc> agenda; http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/1053.html

Due and overdue action items


<trackbot> ACTION-167 -- Cynthia Shelly to update table-summary -- due 2010-01-14 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/167

cyns: I sent the change proposal to the mailing list earlier today

action-167: Cythia sent the change proposal to the mailing list earlier today

<trackbot> ACTION-167 Update table-summary notes added

<paulc> Proposal at: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Summary_Change_Proposal_Nov_18%2C_2009

<paulc> Under consideration by A11Y TF.

close action-167

<trackbot> ACTION-167 Update table-summary closed


<trackbot> ACTION-138 -- Steve Faulkner to produce an ARIA matrix based on Henri's work -- due 2010-01-14 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/138

<cardona507> Good morning everyone

paulc: let's leave action-138 open, follow up on e-mail thread


<trackbot> ACTION-160 -- Paul Cotton to write a Change Proposal for ISSUE-27 -- due 2010-01-21 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/160

<paulc> Proposal in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/1006.html

<paulc> close action-160

<trackbot> ACTION-160 Write a Change Proposal for ISSUE-27 closed

paulc: discussion on action-160 taking place on mailing list


<trackbot> ACTION-127 -- Maciej Stachowiak to establish process for "official WG response" to other WG's RFC on LC drafts -- due 2010-01-21 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/127

action-127: paulc will talk with Maciej and report back

<trackbot> ACTION-127 establish process for "official WG response" to other WG's RFC on LC drafts notes added

<paulc> Open request to the systems team and will take time.

<paulc> No one on the systems team so far has the time to do this work.

action-163 due 2010-02-04

<trackbot> ACTION-163 MediaWiki successor for current MoinMoin based wiki due date now 2010-02-04

review of newly submitted and revised change proposals

[paulc summarized current status]

Review of chair calls for proposals

<Julian> updated agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/1053.html

paulc: several calls for proposals went out in the last 48 hours

<Julian> larry, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/1053.html part 3

paulc: issue 81, Roy declined to work on this [within the time frame provided]

masinter: actually, he asked for more time

paulc: he asked for 4 months, and the chairs concluded that we could not give him that time

<Julian> actually he asked for more time *or* to do it once other issues are resolved (because of the editorial impact)

<paulc> New call for proposals for 9, 41, 78, 93, 94, 96, and 97 next week

<masinter> aren't we going to run out of working group members who are actually active and willing to do any work?

Calls for Consensus this week

<paulc> No Calls for Consenus this week.


<paulc> No new issues this week.

New issues this week [none]

Heartbeat requirements

paulc: chairs have decided we are close enough to consensus on publishing
... we believe we had one question open on Microdata, but also believe we can get resolution on that

<masinter> on item 4, there are no CfC on Issues, but the CfC on heartbeat documents are ongoing, just think the topic name wasn't clear.

<paulc> See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/1025.html for info on publications status

paulc: editor will have the updated draft this weekend
... so we plan to have a call for consensus for publishing at beginning of next week, and lasting one week

<paulc> Scribe for next week?

paulc: we have 4 documents proposed to be published, and CfC will provide an option to vote on publication of each individually

<paulc> Adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/01/21 17:29:20 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: MikeSmith
Inferring ScribeNick: MikeSmith

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: AT CIA-1 Cooper Cynthia_Shelly Dashiva Eliot_Graff Hixie Janina_Sajka Joshue Julian Lachy Laura MichaelC Microsoft Mike MikeSmith P9 Philip ROBOd Radhika_Roy Sam Scott Shunsuke Yudai aaaa aabb aacc aadd aaee aaff action-127 action-167 adrianba aroben arronei cardona507 cyns drry ed_work franko gavin gavin_ gsnedders hober hsivonen html-wg inimino janina jgraham jmb joined karl kliehm krijnh masinter matt mattmay miketaylr paulc rubys1 shelleyp shepazu syp tH tlr trackbot tross webben
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/1053.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 21 Jan 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/01/21-html-wg-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]