Web Applications Working Group Teleconference

07 Jan 2010


See also: IRC log


David, Art, Steven, Marcos, Robin, Marcin_Hanclik, Marcin, Josh




<trackbot> Date: 07 January 2010

<Steven> oops

<scribe> Scribe: Art

<Steven> How many people are joining?

<scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

<scribe> Meeting: Widgets Voice Conference

Date: 7 January 2010

Review and tweak agenda

AB: the draft agenda was sent out yesterday ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/0053.html ). Any change requests?

[ no ]


AB: WARP LC comment period ends Jan 13. Does anyone have any short announcements?

[ no ]

Letter from ISO JTC1/SC 34/WG4

AB: On 29 December, Mohamed ZERGAOUI sent WebApps an letter ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/1500.html ) on behalf of ISO SC34/WG4. The letter notes some similarities between our widget packaging spec and their Open Packaging Conventions spec.
... I have not read the OPC spec; anyone read it?

MC: I read it

AB: anything you want to share about it?

MC: during our req gathering phase, we discussed similarities
... I have refs to the original emails
... this was mentioned by IBM (JonF)
... it was at least 2 years ago
... a conclusion was that ISO should start a ISO ZIP WG
... but don't know if that started or not
... I think ISO should create an ISO ZIP spec
... it would be good to get a real ZIP standard
... and not just some PKWare spec

AB: I recall those conversations with JonF on this subject

<timeless_mbp> Zakim: +??p12 is me

<scribe> ACTION: barstow respond to Mohamed's 29-Dec-2009 email from ISO SC34/WG4 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-474 - Respond to Mohamed's 29-Dec-2009 email from ISO SC34/WG4 [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-01-14].

AB: after I respond, Marcos, perhaps you can respond too


AB: anything else on this topic for today?

[ no ]

Status of URI Scheme spec

SP: should this ISO be coordinated via HCG?
... external coord typically goes thru HCG

AB: good question
... I can forward it to HCG and seek comments

SP: yes, a heads-up to them would be good

<scribe> ACTION: barstow forward ISO packaging email to HCG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-475 - Forward ISO packaging email to HCG [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-01-14].

AB: Robin, what is the status of the URI Scheme spec ( http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/waf/widgets-uri/ )?

RB: Larry replied on the TAG list
... also got some feedback from Jonathan Rees
... we need to continue discussions

AB: so related discussions are happening on www-tag?

RB: yes

AB: we all have an action to contribute to the related discussion on www-tag
... I haven't been following that list
... anything else on this spec for today?

RB: no; Larry's comments need to be discussed

Status of View Modes Media Features (VM-MF) spec:

AB: would one of the Editors of the VMMF spec please give a short status of the spec ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/ ).

MH: last month I commented on VF's related input
... I am in the process of reflecting those comments in the spec
... but only a local copy now
... I will have something to review in a week
... the VF proposal included some interfaces
... that will need to be addressed in the context of the VM-I spec

AB: any status on VM-I status to report?

MH: it needs to be developed in paralle with VM-MF spec
... should be ready for a CfC on FPWD of VM-I within a week or two

AB: an action to all to reveiew VM-I spec in the context of "is it ready for FPWD" ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/vm-interfaces.src.html )

MH: re, the VM-I spec, it resembles D3E spec
... I may move VM-I to ReSpec but D3E is probably too big to move
... I have been discussing this with Doug Schepers

AB: any other comments on the VM specs?

[ no ]

Status of Updates spec

AB: anything to report on the Updates spec ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-updates/ ) Marcos?

<drogers> sorry I have a small comment

DR: re VM-MF or VM-I, doesn't have a Sec Consids sec
... will both have a Sec Consids section?

MH: VM-I does not have such a section yet
... it's still early and one can be added

DR: I'll look into what could be added

MH: It's OK with me if we add such a section to VM-I

MC: I expect to restart work on it next week
... hope to get it ready for a new pub by end of the month

AB: any other status for today before AOB?

[ none ]


AB: would like to take a quick look at the Widgets pub status page ( http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/PubStatus#Widgets_Specifications ) and update accordingly.
... I last updated the table a few weeks ago
... any updates needed?

[ none ]

AB: any other business for today?
... voice confs
... frequency going forward
... last call for discussion topics for today

<darobin> bye!

AB: meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: barstow forward ISO packaging email to HCG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: barstow respond to Mohamed's 29-Dec-2009 email from ISO SC34/WG4 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2010/01/07 14:31:55 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/ (sp?)//
Found Scribe: Art
Found ScribeNick: ArtB
Present: David Art Steven Marcos Robin Marcin_Hanclik Marcin Josh
Regrets: Frederick
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/0053.html
Found Date: 07 Jan 2010
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html
People with action items: barstow email forward iso packaging respond

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]