ACTION-188: Propose clarification language around prompting, involving Paddy and James as needed

Propose clarification language around prompting, involving Paddy and James as needed

State:
closed
Person:
Laura Arribas
Due on:
June 16, 2010
Created on:
June 9, 2010
Associated Product:
Policy Framework Requirements
Related emails:
  1. RE: Action updates needed - ACTION-231 (Web Introducer prototyping) (from Claes1.Nilsson@sonyericsson.com on 2011-01-24)
  2. RE: Action updates needed - ACTION-231 (from Claes1.Nilsson@sonyericsson.com on 2011-01-10)
  3. RE: Action updates needed (from Laura.Arribas@vodafone.com on 2011-01-05)
  4. Action updates needed (from Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com on 2011-01-04)
  5. Re: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-12-14 (from jmorris@cdt.org on 2010-12-15)
  6. Re: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-12-14 (from huntc@internode.on.net on 2010-12-15)
  7. Re: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-12-14 (from marco.marengo@telecomitalia.it on 2010-12-15)
  8. Re: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-12-14 (from tlr@w3.org on 2010-12-15)
  9. RE: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-12-14 (from Claes1.Nilsson@sonyericsson.com on 2010-12-15)
  10. RE: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-12-14 (from schitturi@rim.com on 2010-12-14)
  11. Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-12-14 (from Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com on 2010-12-14)
  12. Re: Powerbox, revocation, modeless singular(?) dialogs, ACTION-188 (was Re: [Powerbox] New draft ...) (from kenton@google.com on 2010-06-27)
  13. Re: Powerbox, revocation, modeless singular(?) dialogs, ACTION-188 (was Re: [Powerbox] New draft ...) (from jsalsman@gmail.com on 2010-06-25)
  14. Re: Powerbox, revocation, modeless singular(?) dialogs, ACTION-188 (was Re: [Powerbox] New draft ...) (from kenton@google.com on 2010-06-18)
  15. Powerbox, revocation, modeless singular(?) dialogs, ACTION-188 (was Re: [Powerbox] New draft ...) (from jsalsman@gmail.com on 2010-06-14)
  16. Re: Draft minutes 2010-06-09 (from Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com on 2010-06-10)
  17. Draft minutes 2010-06-09 (from robin@robineko.com on 2010-06-09)

Related notes:

In addition to clarifying what is and is not the kind of prompt we want to avoid (modal, as opposed to "non-blocking notifications" which seem to be the same as modeless prompts) and what kind of workflow behaviors can replace prompts (e.g., shutter button for accessing camera images) we also need to say:

1. Which workflow behaviors exist, for which devices, files, and databases, to replace modeless prompts.

2. What happens when the non-blocking notification is agreed to or rejected? Do those choices result in different callbacks, the same callback with different parameters, etc.

3. What happens when a non-blocking notification is dismissed without a choice, or its tab/window is closed?

James Salsman, 9 Jun 2010, 14:39:48

Changelog:

Created action 'Propose clarification language around prompting, involving Paddy and James as needed' assigned to Laura Arribas, due 2010-06-16

9 Jun 2010, 14:28:45

Action now bound to Product 'Policy Framework Requirements'

Dominique Hazaƫl-Massieux, 9 Jun 2010, 14:29:09

Status changed to 'closed'

Frederick Hirsch, 10 Jan 2011, 14:03:26

Action now unbound

Frederick Hirsch, 10 Jan 2011, 14:03:26


Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>, Reilly Grant <reillyg@google.com>, Chairs, Fuqiao Xue <xfq@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.326 2018/10/13 17:29:51 vivien Exp $