See also: IRC log
<scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB
<scribe> Scribe: Art
AB: I posted the draft agenda on
October 21 (
). Since Marcos sent regrets for today we will drop the Widget
interface spec agenda item.
... any other agenda change requests?
FH: I think we should talk about DAP + WebApps meeting during TPAC
AB: ok, during AOB
JK: we could talk about Web
... but may want to wait for more people
FH: yes, think we should wait
AB: I agree
... if there is no closure by next week, it will be on the Oct 29 agenda
AB: I have 4 short
... 1. draft agendas for the November 2-3 TPAC f2f meeting have been updated: Widgets group ( http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TPAC2009Widgets ) and APIs group ( http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TPAC2009APIs ). Fleshing-out the TPAC widgets agenda will be an agenda item for our October 29 call.
... 2. the TPAC registration deadline is Oct 23 ( http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/Overview.html )
... 3. TPAC Public Developer Gathering Nov 5 ( http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/DevMeeting ). Please spread the word.
... 4. Our Oct 29 call will be the same time for everyone except US. The time for US will be one hour later. Thereafter, the times will be the same as today. No call of course during the TPAC week.
... any other annoucements?
[ None ]
AB: the remaining open bug for
P+C spec is documented in the "Potential bug in Rule for
Identifying the Media Type of a File" thread (
... earlier today Marcos responded to Marcin's latest proposal ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0293.html ). I think this now closes this bug. Any comments?
MH: I looked at MC's
... I disagree with some proposals
... I did some tests
... I also disagree with limitation of file extension to 2 ranges
... proposed ranges are only for ASCII letters
... do not cover digits
... but there are some extension e.g. pk12 with digits
... think we need to consult i18n group
... not sure they will agree with ASCII only extensions
... I will submit a reply to Marcos
... One source of confusion is OS support versus shell support
<scribe> ACTION: marcin respond to Marcos' Oct 22 email re BNF [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-420 - Respond to Marcos' Oct 22 email re BNF [on Marcin Hanclik - due 2009-10-29].
BS: is this about naming of files that are part of the package?
BS: I agree there should not be constraints
AB: any other comments on
... given we don't consensus on this, we will not be able to publish a new LC until after the TPAC meeting
... any last comments?
... given this is still an open issue, we will not discuss LC publication today
AB: next call will October 29.
One topic for that call will fleshing out the agenda for the
Nov 2-3 f2f meeting. It could be that we have very little to
discuss in Santa Clara which means people could then attend
other f2f meetings e.g. WebApps' APIs meeting, DAP WG,
... Frederick DAP and WebApps?
FH: WebApps will have 2 meetings?
... Chaals will chair APIs group
... Art will chair Widgets group
... File API is a topic for DAP + WebApps
FH: do we need a DAP + Widgets joint session
AB: I don't think there is a need yet
BS: I think it would make sense to have a short joint session
<fhirsch3> +1 to having joint DAP - Widgets session
BS: to discuss any possible overlap
AB: do you mean API or Widget group?
BS: I think DAP + Widgets group
joint meeting makes sense
... I am interested in status of the HTML5 specs that moved to WebApps
AB: I only want to organize a joint meeting if there are specific agenda topics
FH: I want to take advantage of the co-location
AB: yes, sure
BS: think there is overlap between widget API and what is being done in DAP
AB: can you take an action to identify the overlap?
<scribe> ACTION: bryan review Widget API and DAP APIs for overlaps [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-421 - Review Widget API and DAP APIs for overlaps [on Bryan Sullivan - due 2009-10-29].
MH: think there is overlaps
between widgets and HTML5
... want to adapt HTML5 interfaces if possible
... Robin is the WARP editor
... I am Editor of VM specs
... want to use the meetings to meet each other
<fhirsch3> +1 to marcin, we need to have a joint meeting to raise issues, establish relationships etc
AB: does the DAP WG already have a packed agenda for those two days?
FH: we certainly have lots of
... but think joint meetings should be high priority
<scribe> ACTION: Frederick Robin to make a proposal to WebApps chairs regaring joint meetings Nov 2-3 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-422 - Robin to make a proposal to WebApps chairs regaring joint meetings Nov 2-3 [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2009-10-29].
<marcin> drinking beer during the joint meeting may be the best option :), since the actual resolutions will anyway have to be taken off-line/over email/ on the call after the F2F
AB: I do not forsee a problem with WebApps' widgets group meeting with DAP
BS: I don't have visibility to
WebApps HTML5 specs
... I want to understand how that stuff relates to DAP
AB: I'm hearing Bryan requesting DAP meet with WebApp' APIs groups re WebApp's HTML5 specs
<scribe> ACTION: barstow work with Robin, FH, and Chaals to get DAP and WebApps' APIs group to meet f2f [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-423 - Work with Robin, FH, and Chaals to get DAP and WebApps' APIs group to meet f2f [on Arthur Barstow - due 2009-10-29].
<scribe> ACTION: Robin work with FH, and Chaals to get DAP and WebApps' APIs group to meet f2f [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-424 - Work with FH, and Chaals to get DAP and WebApps' APIs group to meet f2f [on Robin Berjon - due 2009-10-29].
BS: server-sent events is a topic
of interest for me
... think there is some potential synergy with OMA specs
<scribe> ACTION: bryan submit agenda item requests re WebApps APIs for the TPAC meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-425 - Submit agenda item requests re WebApps APIs for the TPAC meeting [on Bryan Sullivan - due 2009-10-29].
<JereK> Chaals has already indicated that WebAPI and DAP should meet re the various FIle APIs - see tentative WebAPI agenda for TPAC: http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TPAC2009APIs#Agenda_Items
FH: hard to juggle these agendas
... anything else on this subject?
... I thought you guys already had an agenda but I see now I'm wrong about that
FH: DAP will have about 4 major
... some will be for APIs
... some will be for policy
... some will be for joint meetings
<fhirsch3> 4 slots per day
AB: anything else for
... next call is Oct 29
... meeting adjourned
Date: 22 October 2009
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/issue of/source of/ Succeeded: s/should be/should not be/ Found ScribeNick: ArtB Found Scribe: Art Default Present: fhirsch3, +1.781.993.aaaa, ArtB, JereK, bryan, +46.1.07.15.aabb, +33.2.08.82.90.aacc, Marcin, +1.919.536.aadd, +184.108.40.206.aaee Present: Art Frederick Jere Bryan Marcin_Hanclik Magnus Marcin AndyB Regrets: Marcos Arve David Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0283.html Found Date: 22 Oct 2009 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html People with action items: barstow bryan chaals fh frederick marcin respond robin with work[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]